Warburton Keen On Sporting Director

OlegKuznetsov

I fucking love this, we`ve had years of arguing about and criticising our club from top to bottom but now we have an entire fanbase fully united and behind our manager and the direction our club`s going. If Mark says jump, the club should say "how high?", he knows exactly what he`s doing, what he wants to do and how to do it. In Warburton we have finally found our light at the end of what has being a pretty depressing tunnel.

If this man says we need one then we need one.

This exactly. Some dopey replies to this thread.

Warburton has already demonstrated a level of competence way beyond the experience of most of the support yet some are questioning why we need someone to take the burden of the support structure from the manager?

As someone else said, as long as it is clear to new Director that MW is in charge and MW picks his man then fine. This is a demonstration of MW's ambition...we should all share it.

Whatever he wants give him it

:lol:(tu) exactly.

I don't wnt us breaking the bank for anything, but I have a lot of faith in Warburton. If he says we need this, then we should be making sure we get the best person available. I he says we need 2m for a player that will go on to greatness and we will make a profit from him, then the board should sanction it.

I think in a couple of years, we are going to see some real profits being made int he transfer market. So a good sporting director to deal with all that time consuming stuff would probably be a good idea.

I would imagine that Warburton would have a big say on any Sporting Director appointment so when we eventually do get one I'm sure he will be a good one.

Also very interesting about what he said regarding the youth academy and linking up with local schools. Another positive.

If anyone comes in it will be someone Warburton wants. He felt the new structure at Brentford would undermine him so he left. So there is no way that he would accept someone coming in who would dictate to the manager. If McParland became available then could see Warbuton wanting him.

People too often confuse the role, I think.

Mark Warburton isn't advocating the club hiring a new boss for himself, clearly. But as the demands on the park progress and as our infrastructure grows, it becomes foolish to expect one man to carry the entire burden of running the entire footballing infrastructure. A Sporting Director to coordinate our recruitment department and academy via our manager is the necessary approach moving forward. The best managers hire the best people and delegate.