Anyone Else Worried About Tonight

MisterC

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that somewhere along our season we will lose and if it's going to happen, tonight's game is as good s chance as any.

St Johnstone might not be Real Madrid but it's a team full of professional players, players who won't dive into silly chances, who won't lose concentration and whomever they're marking.

Over confidence is a killer at any level of football but certainly here.

Am I worried, no but I'm nervous & cautious about the performance we bring tonight

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good post mate.

I am cautious about tonight but feel we have a team that can more than match anyone in the SPL on our day so it's a win for the Gers for me.

Since when has the team became complacent? We peppered Livingston the full game and created the usual amount of chances, the passing was a tiny bit slack but complacent? Nope. Same against Dumbarton, we were patient and were eventually rewarded. 11 wins on the bounce and were now complacent? :lol:

Not worried in the slightest. Theres a few things it should show us in terms of how we have progressed:

How a SPL team shapes up against us in terms of ability and tactics

How we respond to their way of playing

Are our defence as suspect as i think they may be through the middle?

Are we as fit as they are if not fitter?

Are some of our players as good as we think they are or do they just look that good in the championship?

Who can step up and who hides when big games come along?

We have a lot more questions than answers re our team at the moment regardless of our start and It might not clear it all up - and a single defeat or victory wont sway things either way, but it will definitely give us a good idea where we are and where we need to be.

I think this is a free game for us. They are the SPFL side, the only thing we really need to be concerned about is promotion, so i think we should go out with no fear and play without any shackles.

I think we will win - it wont be 5-0 but I think we look a good SPFL outfit at the moment, we are at home and if some of our players want to showcase there ability then tonight is the time to do it. i think there will be plenty of goals (going for 4-2 myself). However a defeat isn't the end of the earth - and i dont think the bubble is necessarily burst in that case - and it may tell us more about or team than a victory in the long run.

Good post.