Sam Allardyce New Sunderland Manager

TopCat

Managers like him and Pulis never get enough credit

They're miracle workers in their own right but you can hardly blame anyone for not singing their praises and touting them for bigger jobs. They're ideal for clubs battling relegation or needing a bit of stabilising but anything above that is too much for them

Still bitter at him stabilising West Ham after taking over a mess?

Why would I be bitter about that?

See comments like that are from people looking inside and not knowing what they're talking about. People like you are the same that sit on the sofa as a pundit and laud the lard arse with praise over the jobs he's done where ever he's gone.

See comments like that are from people looking inside and not knowing what they're talking about. People like you are the same that sit on the sofa as a pundit and laud the lard arse with praise over the jobs he's done where ever he's gone.

Why do you hate him?

Unless you actually say or give a reason as to why you hate him then people who are "outsiders" can only judge him on the jobs he's done and they generally speak for themselves.

Bolton and Blackburn were solid established Premiership sides under him and now they are nothing more than middling championship teams who can't get maintain the challenge needed to get back to The Premiership and West Ham have gone from a team in danger of becoming a yo-yo club to a Premiership outfit who have taken the solid foundations he built and are now looking to push on and become a top eight club.

For the modern games he's done an excellent job where ever he's gone. Simply being in the Premiership is worth so much money and the rewards are only getting richer, avoiding relegation is more important for clubs like West Ham and Sunderland than winning a cup or playing good football, I don't think that's right especially but it's the way it is.

Managers like Allardyce not only stay up every season but generally stay up comfortably, and you can see how clubs like Bolton and Blackburn have collapsed after he left. He did the job at West Ham the board no doubt asked him to do, I know he never built up much affection with the support so he's unlikely to have his name sung years down the line, but on reflection is he not worthy of some respect rather than pure hatred like you seem to have?

Unless you actually say or give a reason as to why you hate him then people who are "outsiders" can only judge him on the jobs he's done and they generally speak for themselves.

Bolton and Blackburn were solid established Premiership sides under him and now they are nothing more middling championship teams who can't get maintain the challenge needed to get back to The Premiership and West Ham have gone from a team in danger of becoming a yo-yo club to a Premiership outfit who have taken the solid foundations he built and are now looking to push on and become a top eight club.

Thats it for me.

You could see easily enough there wasn't much personal affection between Allardyce and West Ham fans but I'd think the actual job he did would deserve some respect especially when he's now gone.

He did spend a phenominal amount of money at west ham, the football was fairly awful to watch, his results in the 2nd half of his last season were woeful and his team effectively lay down to any top 4 team.

He's ideal for sunderland though and would be a wise choice for any team looking to stabilise - he just isn't progressive.

He did spend a phenominal amount of money at west ham, the football was fairly awful to watch, his results in the 2nd half of his last season were woeful and his team effectively lay down to any top 4 team.

He's ideal for sunderland though and would be a wise choice for any team looking to stabilise - he just isn't progressive.

For the EPL I'm not sure I'd call it a phenomenal amount

I'm sure big Sam will keep Sunderland up which will be to the detriment of another club, I would say Newcastle look like they are in big trouble also, how will the Newcastle fans feel if they get relegated and palace stay up as a mid table club?

The Newcastle fans wanted rid of pardew as the west ham fans with allardyce, sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.