Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

Aye that's definitely what I said when I was out knocking doors for the No campaign.

Aside from personal reasons I looked at the facts and there was no case for it, the country would have been far worse off.

Well be that as it may, many of the times I've gotten into debates with people about the referendum it's been against mindless idiots who spout shite with no foundation. And that's not to say there weren't plenty of muppets like that from the Yes side as well. If you were knowledgeable on the pros and cons and still felt no was the best choice then that's your prerogative. I'm not on here to debate politics with people. I was annoyed at a comment about people who voted yes not being allowed at games. My choice wasn't made through a hatred for the Union or the English. I just though it best suited what I wanted. I shouldn't have to explain my support for Rangers simply because I have a differing political view from a (supposed) majority of fans. I pay my way into games. I used to buy merchandise (pre-Ashley), I pay monthly to Rangers First. I have shares in Rangers. So I'm perfectly justified to support my team if I fucking please.

Aye that's definitely what I said when I was out knocking doors for the No campaign.

Aside from personal reasons I looked at the facts and there was no case for it, the country would have been far worse off.

You do come across as the 'door knocker' type.

Well be that as it may, many of the times I've gotten into debates with people about the referendum it's been against mindless idiots who spout shite with no foundation. And that's not to say there weren't plenty of muppets like that from the Yes side as well. If you were knowledgeable on the pros and cons and still felt no was the best choice then that's your prerogative. I'm not on here to debate politics with people. I was annoyed at a comment about people who voted yes not being allowed at games. My choice wasn't made through a hatred for the Union or the English. I just though it best suited what I wanted. I shouldn't have to explain my support for Rangers simply because I have a differing political view from a (supposed) majority of fans. I pay my way into games. I used to buy merchandise (pre-Ashley), I pay monthly to Rangers First. I have shares in Rangers. So I'm perfectly justified to support my team if I fucking please.

I proudly voted no in the referendum but agree with your reasoning and sentiment if not your decision regarding the referendum.

Voting yes doesn't bar people from being a rangers fan any more than the old catholics can't be rangers fans nonsense. Just because the stereotype suggests all rangers fans are proddy loyalist no voting white males, doesn't mean there aren't other types of fan out there.

In fact for a club as great as ours it shouldn't come as a surprise that people of all colours/creeds/political persuasions and religions support Rangers - and those who think otherwise are stuck in the dark ages.

Don't really see what the argument is here. Some people view the Union from a political standpoint, others from an emotional perspective.

Some people never want the Union broken up...well because it's the Union and we're proud of it.

Some people would happily break up the Union if it meant we were no longer governed by a particular political party based in Westminster, and were able to reap the rewards of all our wonderful Oil and Whiskey :lol:

It's just the way it is, many Rangers fans will be in the Yes camp...just as many Celtic fans were in the No camp. It's not about football.

Also as far as I can make out people voted No to Independence...yet voted for SNP in Scottish and General elections as a protest vote against a failing Labour party.

He's in his early 80s.

Congratulations to him. Good age. How does that excuse continuously aligning the text centrally? It automatically aligns from the left.

If this thread has taught us anything then we all need to think and act the same. 'Real' Rangers fans align their text from the left.

Congratulations to him. Good age. How does that excuse continuously aligning the text centrally? It automatically aligns from the left.

If this thread has taught us anything then we all need to think and act the same. 'Real' Rangers fans align their text from the left.

fuck up ya dick

I said I'd personally rather they didn't, I also acknowledged it's a free democratic country and people can't be stopped from going to Rangers games if they wish to. Obviously that sort of view annoys you but I see Rangers as still being more than 11 men kicking a ball on the pitch.

I never weighed up pros because nothing could ever have made me vote Yes, it goes against everything I believe in, but when I decided to actually campaign I went at it from the political perspective and there was no true reason for independence. The economic case and currency plans were a shambles, and the rhetoric of 'Tories bad', 'Westminster evil' was designed to whip up the mobs. You only had to go to one of Jim Murphy's street meetings to see where the vast majority of mindless idiots were, Scottish nationalism is ugly and anyone who supports it has either been taken in very badly by propaganda or is an anti-British bigot.

Of course that view annoys me. For me Rangers are a football club. A fantastic club. As far as the topic of this thread goes I'll never be able to support any other team let alone Scotland like I do Rangers. But at the end of the day. It's football. If you can't see past sporting or political preferences and hate anyone with differing opinions to yourself then you should fuck off back to the dark ages. No need for that.

And again, that's your viewpoint. I think you're wrong but I'm not here to convince you otherwise. It's funny you talk about propaganda though with the bias the BBC showed in favour of the No camp in it's reporting of the referendum. Also, don't make me laugh with that "anti-British bigot" shite. There were plenty of bigots infesting the no camps.

I proudly voted no in the referendum but agree with your reasoning and sentiment if not your decision regarding the referendum.

Voting yes doesn't bar people from being a rangers fan any more than the old catholics can't be rangers fans nonsense. Just because the stereotype suggests all rangers fans are proddy loyalist no voting white males, doesn't mean there aren't other types of fan out there.

In fact for a club as great as ours it shouldn't come as a surprise that people of all colours/creeds/political persuasions and religions support Rangers - and those who think otherwise are stuck in the dark ages.

That's the point I'm getting at. I'm not trying to convince anybody that I'm a political genius that voted correctly and anyone who voted no is an imbecile.

Just don't agree with someone telling me I can't support my team beacuse I don't have the same beleifs as them.

Although yer a dick for voting naw. ;)

Someone needs to change the title of this thread to "Do Not Enter".

Why what are you scared of ?

It's poll ....... similar to an election ........ or is that why you are scared ?

Oh right ........ that would explain why you want an SNP slogan as the thread heading ....... fear of losing again. :P

:uk:

Why what are you scared of ?

It's poll ....... similar to an election ........ or is that why you are scared ?

Oh right ........ that would explain why you want an SNP slogan as the thread heading ....... fear of losing again. :P

Afraid of watching the point go straight over your head.

Not really as your point is irrelevant china ..... you lost badly in so many areas on so many points ..... the vast majority of the country said NO ....... get over it. :P

I'd be interested to know if you actually know what point I was trying to make. It was quite far back in this thread and I'm getting a slight hunch that reading lots of words might not be your strong point. If you try extra hard I'm sure you can make it. Please hurry back. I'll be awaiting your answer with a bated breath.

No, nothing to do with nationalism or patriotism. I made a vote based on what I thought was best and what appealed to me from reading the white paper and doing my own research. Unlike yourself who I imagine voted no so your Union Jack tattoo still held validity.

Aye your Union hating mindset is really coming out now isn't it son?

Would you have the balls to go up and criticise one of the many current and ex-servicemen who have Union flag tattoos?

Also what do you do when GTSQ is sung and the Union flag is waved at Ibrox? Do you boo or sit quietly swearing under your breath like a little bitch? It's a genuine question.

Afraid of watching the point go straight over your head.

You're pretty good at irony if nothing else. If you read peoples entire posts rather than what you think they said you might even make some valid points. That you cant seem to understand the political nature of the campaign against Rangers over the last few years is not helping you make your point.

Remember the thread is about supporting Scotlands national team (I have a solid reason not to that even you couldnt have an issue with). Your political view seems to have blinded you to this point when comprehending others posts.

Aye your Union hating mindset is really coming out now isn't it son?

Would you have the balls to go up and criticise one of the many current and ex-servicemen who have Union flag tattoos?

Also what do you do when GTSQ is sung and the Union flag is waved at Ibrox? Do you boo or sit quietly swearing under your breath like a little bitch? It's a genuine question.

You seriously can't think of any other possibilities?