Fallout 4

Mor3los_1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it is more like Fallout 3 than Fallout New Vegas.

The Elder Scrolls franchise are made by the same company, and the Elder Scrolls IV was fantastic, then with the sequel to IV, Skyrim, they really made the game a lot more less specialized than the way it used to be and kind of 'dumbed down' a bit and the missions in it lost a bit of their specializedness too (for instance in IV every assasins guild quest had a bonus objective that was a fun way to assasinate every target but this wasn't in the sequel Skyrim and made the missions boring) , as they focused on adding new cinematics like fighting a dragon to drag new people into the franchise. In essence, I hope they don't dumb down Fallout a little bit with the 4th one is what I meant. But i'm sure that this game will be fantastic and one of the best games ever released.

Ps i have actually got every trophy that you can get for Fallout 3 on PS3

I hope it is more like Fallout 3 than Fallout New Vegas.

The Elder Scrolls franchise are made by the same company, and the Elder Scrolls IV was fantastic, then with the sequel to IV, Skyrim, they really made the game a lot more less specialized than the way it used to be and kind of 'dumbed down' a bit and the missions in it lost a bit of their specializedness too (for instance in IV every assasins guild quest had a bonus objective that was a fun way to assasinate every target but this wasn't in the sequel Skyrim and made the missions boring) , as they focused on adding new cinematics like fighting a dragon to drag new people into the franchise. In essence, I hope they don't dumb down Fallout a little bit with the 4th one is what I meant. But i'm sure that this game will be fantastic and one of the best games ever released.

Ps i have actually got every trophy that you can get for Fallout 3 on PS3

Argument time but New Vegas is better than 3 and 4 will be very similar too Mass Effect.

Getting excited for this now, unfortunately my graphics card is the minimum requirement to play the game, my 7870 has served me well. Any good deals going on gfx cards to get ready for Fallout 4? Not wanting to pay anymore than £200.

Your 7870 is well above the minimum requirements mate. My laptop 765m meets the minimum requirements and your 7870 is a good bit more powerful.

If your certain you want a better GPU then I don't see the point in buying one slightly more powerful than what you've got so you may need to increase your budget a bit. You can certainly get a better card than the 7870 for less than £200 but why bother if you will barely notice?

I think a Geforce GTX 780, GTX 970, or a Radeon R9 290 would be a decent upgrade. Personally I would go for the 970. Nvidia has better drivers IMO and more Nvidia specific graphics settings in certain games. Also The 3GB or vRAM in the 780 might stutter in certain games in the futureso the 970 would be my choice.

Here is a list on part picker. I've narrowed it down to those three cards and sorted by price.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=136,153,186,152&sort=a8&page=1

There's also the R9 390 to consider. It performs better than the GTX 970 at resolutions 1440p and higher but takes more power and heat which combined with the fact that it's not a Nvidia card puts me off. On the plus side it does have 8GB of vRAM but this won't really make a difference at 1080p. As you already have a AMD card you obviously don't mind them so have a read at this review.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-amd-radeon-r9-390-8gb-review

That last paragraph was a bit of an add on so here's that part picker list updated with the 390 included.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=136,186,185,152,311&sort=a8&page=1

Can't wait for this. I have an i5-4590/16GB/R9 290 4GB which technically doesn't meet the recommended specs but it should be fine. The only differences are lack of hyperthreading (needs an i7) and having a 290 instead of a 290X. My 290 is OC'd by about 11% (stock speeds: 977/1250 OC'd speeds: 1100/1525) so should be on par or slightly better than a 290X. Infact those speeds are better than a stock 390. As for hyperthreading I don't know if Bethesda would implement that into the game BUT then again i7's are becoming standard for a lot of games these days and they've improved the engine to support 64-bit / 4GB+ RAM which a lack off was a nightmare for Skyrim. Hopefully it's just a case of stating higher specs than really needed to cover their ass.

What's really bothering me how the AMD cards (both min/rec) are way more powerful than the nvidia cards. i mean a 7870 is much better than a 550ti and a 290X beats a 780. I think this might be due to the (rumoured) inclusion of nvidia gameworks.

I'd prefer to get it on PC but if the game ends up running like shit I'll just get a refund from Steam and buy it for PS4 or XB1 (both apparently run 1080p 30fps which is good for the XB1 but does it hold back the PS4?) which ever one is best.

Apparently it plays a lot like Skyrim. Which would make a lot of sense as FO4 is using Skyrims engine.

That will be better I think mate, the shooting in FO3 & FO:NV felt clunky when using automatic weapons I think unless you used VATS or single shot weapons, (so I only shot in VATS or used melee/unarmed) but now this will make the shooting outside of VATS a lot more smooth and better, and make the melee combat fantastic. It will make sneaking much more effective and better too, eg if you find a supermarket with raiders inside I'm sure it will now be much more fun to use sneak and stealth kill them all without ever being noticed.

ps, I can't wait to get fallout 4 and then start playing, I use Unarmed Weapons like Spiked Knuckes which deal a lot of damage rapidly with 2 punches every 2 seconds when you upgrade your unarmed skill and take the unarmed perks & Energy Weapons too like plasma rifle which I use as an alternative when low on health or when fighting stuff like Deathclaws which you can't take on in melee or they will kill you in 2 hits. Explosives Weapons are also useful for VATS if you want to keep grenades etc in your inventory for sticky situations like fighting a deathclaw to use grenades in VATS, or else run away from the deathclaw in a very straight line while dropping all of the mines you have so that it runs over them, and hopefully it's legs will cripple soon or else it will die and when it's legs cripple you can stop to kill the deathclaw without running away or being killed a lot easier. Approaching them with a grenade or 2 in VATS and then running away while dropping mines or stopping to take shots every few metres is the best way to open combat as the grenades land at their leg and damage their legs when they land/explode, but if you can manage to pull off a sneak attack with a gun on their leg that is even better without using VATS and then use VATS to use the grenades as step 2. Ps, I cleared Deathclaw Valley in Fallout 3 and found the special Laser Gatling gun inside it.

Fallout 4 is set in a new city like Boston or New Jersey (i'm not sure which one)

Can't wait for this. I have an i5-4590/16GB/R9 290 4GB which technically doesn't meet the recommended specs but it should be fine. The only differences are lack of hyperthreading (needs an i7) and having a 290 instead of a 290X. My 290 is OC'd by about 11% (stock speeds: 977/1250 OC'd speeds: 1100/1525) so should be on par or slightly better than a 290X. Infact those speeds are better than a stock 390. As for hyperthreading I don't know if Bethesda would implement that into the game BUT then again i7's are becoming standard for a lot of games these days and they've improved the engine to support 64-bit / 4GB+ RAM which a lack off was a nightmare for Skyrim. Hopefully it's just a case of stating higher specs than really needed to cover their ass.

What's really bothering me how the AMD cards (both min/rec) are way more powerful than the nvidia cards. i mean a 7870 is much better than a 550ti and a 290X beats a 780. I think this might be due to the (rumoured) inclusion of nvidia gameworks.

I'd prefer to get it on PC but if the game ends up running like shit I'll just get a refund from Steam and buy it for PS4 or XB1 (both apparently run 1080p 30fps which is good for the XB1 but does it hold back the PS4?) which ever one is best.

30fps ffs.