Fallout 4

Mor3los_1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ps4 was around £350 on release. You can build a computer with that, that wipes the floor with it. And that's just gaming performance.

Now that's not strictly true is it...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-budget-gaming-pc-guide

"Well, if you really care about gaming, cheap gaming PC is a waste of money. I see folks have already explained why. If you want that sweet 50-60 fps experience, you either buy something expensive that'll run every game at high-to-ultra settings at full hd or 2k resolution for the next 5 years or you just buy a PS4. £300/$400 gaming PC is a myth. Usually it'll be totally obsolete in ~1 year, what is the point? If you cannot spend at least twice of that sum - then save money, believe me it is better than just throw away 400$ at a garbage PC."

Now that's not strictly true is it...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-budget-gaming-pc-guide

"Well, if you really care about gaming, cheap gaming PC is a waste of money. I see folks have already explained why. If you want that sweet 50-60 fps experience, you either buy something expensive that'll run every game at high-to-ultra settings at full hd or 2k resolution for the next 5 years or you just buy a PS4. £300/$400 gaming PC is a myth. Usually it'll be totally obsolete in ~1 year, what is the point? If you cannot spend at least twice of that sum - then save money, believe me it is better than just throw away 400$ at a garbage PC."

Any enthusiast would consider a £400 PC garbage, the same way a ps4 or XB One is garbage.

If you want to play games (and that's pretty much it) at a maximum of 30fps at max 1080p then buy a ps4.

If you want to play games at 60+ fps, 4k resolution and have access to a much larger pool of games, as well as have a real home entertainment system which can perform a multitude of other tasks dependent on your own personal preference, go for a PC.

Can you buy a future proof console full stop?

A console generation typically lasts 6-7 years,so yes in a way you can. If I went out and bought a PC let's say for £500 tomorrow,would it last me 7 years if I wanted the best possible experience as you've put it,or would I need to upgrade it?

As for your 2nd point about the framerate and resolution being unlimited on PC,that obviously depends how much you've spent on it,you can't compare a high end gaming PC to a £300 PS4 :lol:

A console generation typically lasts 6-7 years,so yes in a way you can. If I went out and bought a PC let's say for £500 tomorrow,would it last me 7 years if I wanted the best possible experience as you've put it,or would I need to upgrade it?

As for your 2nd point about the framerate and resolution being unlimited on PC,that obviously depends how much you've spent on it,you can't compare a high end gaming PC to a £300 PS4 :lol:

Xbox one was released 2 years ago and struggles to get 30fps in Fallout 4 with terrible looking graphics. How can you compare that with "best possible experience"?

A £300 PC would outperform 30fps in Fallout 4 easily and with better looking graphics.

PC offers more bang for buck, a fact which cannot be reasonably argued with.

I'm still waiting to see this gaming PC for the price of a console....

CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $69.89 @ OutletPC Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $51.99 @ SuperBiiz Memory *Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $33.99 @ Amazon Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC Video Card XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Core Edition Video Card $137.98 @ Newegg Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $42.98 @ Newegg Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Amazon

Using google, that's £281 - £69 less than a ps4 on release.

CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $69.89 @ OutletPC Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $51.99 @ SuperBiiz Memory *Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $33.99 @ Amazon Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC Video Card XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Core Edition Video Card $137.98 @ Newegg Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $42.98 @ Newegg Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Amazon

Who's building this then, Santa?

Would this last a console gen (6-7 years) with no further upgrades needed to play the latest games?