Fallout 4

Mor3los_1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were to set it to low settings to match the poor quality of console, absolutely.

I thought a PC was supposed to be better? If you have the money to spunk on a decent rig then why gimp yourself?

People buy consoles because it's ease of mind,they know when they buy games 9 times out of 10 they're going to work,plus you don't get the added grief playing against hackers online.

Nearly 2 pages of pure off topic dung :lol:

I don't know anyone who primarily games on a PC... the only games my mates play on a pc is FM :lol:

I play

League of Legends

Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Elite Dangerous

Total War Shogun 2

X-Com Enemy Unknown

Skyrim

Hitman:Absolution

Assassins Creed 3

Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor

The PC gives far more scope for games and they play better as well =)

I thought a PC was supposed to be better? If you have the money to spunk on a decent rig then why gimp yourself?

People buy consoles because it's ease of mind,they know when they buy games 9 times out of 10 they're going to work,plus you don't get the added grief playing against hackers online.

Nearly 2 pages of pure off topic dung :lol:

A PC is better. I just spent a grand on mine, I get where you're coming from if you like to play a few games of fifa/cod and dont give a fuck about frame rates or graphics but if you want everything to run smooth, look better and generally have a better gaming experience then it's worth investing in a PC. But again, a £350 PC will outperform the latest consoles in every aspect of gaming. Developers have to gimp their product to suit consoles.

A PC is better. I just spent a grand on mine, I get where you're coming from if you like to play a few games of fifa/cod and dont give a fuck about frame rates or graphics but if you want everything to run smooth, look better and generally have a better gaming experience then it's worth investing in a PC. But again, a £350 PC will outperform the latest consoles in every aspect of gaming. Developers have to gimp their product to suit consoles.

Good for you.

Others prefer casual gaming on an affordable console where the majority of gamers are these days.

Not everyone wants to spend a grand on a PC and be arsed to build the thing. Also greeting over frame rates is tragic :lol:

Good for you.

Others prefer casual gaming on an affordable console where the majority of gamers are these days.

Not everyone wants to spend a grand on a PC and be arsed to build the thing. Also greeting over frame rates is tragic :lol:

I'd be greetin if I paid £50 for fallout 4 and it looked like a game on the apple store :P

CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $69.89 @ OutletPC Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $51.99 @ SuperBiiz Memory *Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $33.99 @ Amazon Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC Video Card XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Core Edition Video Card $137.98 @ Newegg Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $42.98 @ Newegg Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Amazon

Using google, that's £281 - £69 less than a ps4 on release.

Ok, now build one that actually meets the recommended specs for FO4

Xbox one was released 2 years ago and struggles to get 30fps in Fallout 4 with terrible looking graphics. How can you compare that with "best possible experience"?

A £300 PC would outperform 30fps in Fallout 4 easily and with better looking graphics.

PC offers more bang for buck, a fact which cannot be reasonably argued with.

I wouldn't be using a Bethesda game as a barometer for how far consoles can go. They might make amazing worlds but they suck at optimisation... Even on PC their games require higher grade components than it should. Fallout 3 and Oblivion had and still do a list of problems on PC because of how shite the engine was... Creation engine is better but it's still very flakey!

A £350 PC might match a console at this moment in time.. however in 2 years nvidia and AMD will start to phase out previous generations of budget cards thus less and less games will be optimised for them.. where as games will continue to be optimised for consoles thus overtaking the aforementioned GPU's despite technically being "inferior"

People prefer consoles for a variety of reasons.. you sit the box under your TV and it works. You don't have to fuck around with hardware, upgrades, drivers, operating systems, performance settings, multiple forms of DRM and everything else that comes with PC gaming. Above all console gaming is still all about physical media... people like buying physical copies of games as it allows them to lend to friends or sell on when they are finished. With PC gaming you surrender that right and the majority aren't ready to do that yet. Don't bother coming back with figures of how many PC gamers there is compared to PS4 and Xbone... As those PC numbers are heavily boosted by people who play the likes of LoL, Minecraft, WoW, Hearthstone, World Of Tanks, DOTA and so on. Typical AAA games are still mainly played on consoles..

It cannot be argued that consoles are infinitely more accessible for the average gamer.. PC gaming has come on leaps and bounds due to the likes of Steam, but it still cannot match the convenience of a console.

PS sit the fuck down.

I wouldn't be using a Bethesda game as a barometer for how far consoles can go. They might make amazing worlds but they suck at optimisation... Even on PC their games require higher grade components than it should. Fallout 3 and Oblivion had and still do a list of problems on PC because of how shite the engine was... Creation engine is better but it's still very flakey!

A £350 PC might match a console at this moment in time.. however in 2 years nvidia and AMD will start to phase out previous generations of budget cards thus less and less games will be optimised for them.. where as games will continue to be optimised for consoles thus overtaking the aforementioned GPU's despite technically being "inferior"

People prefer consoles for a variety of reasons.. you sit the box under your TV and it works. You don't have to fuck around with hardware, upgrades, drivers, operating systems, performance settings, multiple forms of DRM and everything else that comes with PC gaming. Above all console gaming is still all about physical media... people like buying physical copies of games as it allows them to lend to friends or sell on when they are finished. With PC gaming you surrender that right and the majority aren't ready to do that yet. Don't bother coming back with figures of how many PC gamers there is compared to PS4 and Xbone... As those PC numbers are heavily boosted by people who play the likes of LoL, Minecraft, WoW, Hearthstone, World Of Tanks, DOTA and so on. Typical AAA games are still mainly played on consoles..

It cannot be argued that consoles are infinitely more accessible for the average gamer.. PC gaming has come on leaps and bounds due to the likes of Steam, but it still cannot match the convenience of a console.

PS sit the fuck down.

"Heavily boosted by..." So??

Physical copies mean nothing, look how many people by CDs or even DVDs/ Blurays these days. What would you do if you spent £50 on the latest game and your disk snapped/scratched?

I can download practically any new release, for free, and play it for as long as I like, making PC gaming cheaper overall. In addition I can download an emulator and play practically any classic consone game from the past. The backwards compatability on console barely exists. You are limited by what Sony/Microsoft decides.

I am sitting down, in front of my ultra wide 4k monitor :D

Obviously PCs are better but ffs surely it's easy to understand why something that sits under yer TV and doesn't require upgrading every few years or much work once it's plugged in is better for folk who don't have the time nor can justify the expense of a top spec gaming PC.

I had one built for me when I was 16. But back then thats when I had time to justify a proper gaming machine

"Heavily boosted by..." So??

Physical copies mean nothing, look how many people by CDs or even DVDs/ Blurays these days. What would you do if you spent £50 on the latest game and your disk snapped/scratched?

I can download practically any new release, for free, and play it for as long as I like, making PC gaming cheaper overall. In addition I can download an emulator and play practically any classic consone game from the past. The backwards compatability on console barely exists. You are limited by what Sony/Microsoft decides.

I am sitting down, in front of my ultra wide 4k monitor :D

Heavily boosted because those are games that people play on £200 laptops with integrated graphics chips. over 50% of tracked playtime is spent on games that are not far beyond mobile games. The majority of those people aren't playing triple A titles like Fallout.

You are comparing apples and oranges regarding physical media.. Yes physical media for movies and music services has taken a huge hit because of streaming services such as spotify and netflix. However there's no such alternative for gaming.. Also how many music CD's or blu-rays cost £50? When people are spending that kind of money they want something tangible.. not to mention there's a far greater pre-owned market for games than there is for movies and music. No way comparable. As for damaging the discs... Blu-ray discs are extremely hard to scratch - you'd have to go out your way to do so. Likewise snapping the discs would make you all sorts of special...

Oh boy.. Attempting to use piracy to add credence is even more nonsensical. If everyone decided to get PC's and pirate.. there would be no games on PC for you to play just like what nearly happened before steam came along.

Backwards compatibility is one of those things people like to moan about for the sake of moaning.. however the reality is they didn't buy a new shiney console to play old games. Most people also tend to keep their old consoles so they can always have that option... failing that a semi respectable mobile, tablet or low end laptop is capable of emulating everything up to the n64.

Heavily boosted because those are games that people play on £200 laptops with integrated graphics chips. over 50% of tracked playtime is spent on games that are not far beyond mobile games. The majority of those people aren't playing triple A titles like Fallout.

You are comparing apples and oranges regarding physical media.. Yes physical media for movies and music services has taken a huge hit because of streaming services such as spotify and netflix. However there's no such alternative for gaming.. Also how many music CD's or blu-rays cost £50? When people are spending that kind of money they want something tangible.. not to mention there's a far greater pre-owned market for games than there is for movies and music. No way comparable. As for damaging the discs... Blu-ray discs are extremely hard to scratch - you'd have to go out your way to do so. Likewise snapping the discs would make you all sorts of special...

Oh boy.. Attempting to use piracy to add credence is even more nonsensical. If everyone decided to get PC's and pirate.. there would be no games on PC for you to play just like what nearly happened before steam came along.

Backwards compatibility is one of those things people like to moan about for the sake of moaning.. however the reality is they didn't buy a new shiney console to play old games. Most people also tend to keep their old consoles so they can always have that option... failing that a semi respectable mobile, tablet or low end laptop is capable of emulating everything up to the n64.

The argument being made by you in your earlier post was convenience, you've shot that argument down all by yourself with disks, keeping old consoles etc. You can order for delivery of a game, or you can physically go out and buy one in the shops. I click a button and I can play it within half an hour.

Want to watch a movie on your ps4? Go and get the disk for it, I'll alt+tab from whatever I'm doing and double click the file and it's playing.

If it's convenience you're looking for you should go for a PC.

You could not play any of those games on a £200 laptop.

The argument being made by you in your earlier post was convenience, you've shot that argument down all by yourself with disks, keeping old consoles etc. You can order for delivery of a game, or you can physically go out and buy one in the shops. I click a button and I can play it within half an hour.

Want to watch a movie on your ps4? Go and get the disk for it, I'll alt+tab from whatever I'm doing and double click the file and it's playing.

If it's convenience you're looking for you should go for a PC.

You could not play any of those games on a £200 laptop.

Er The PS4 has amazon and Netflix while you can watch from a hard drive....

Are you drunk?

In any case the consoles are first and foremost gaming machines, not DVD or bluray players although they do have that feature. The convince argument Iakona was making was relevant to gaming which is what this discussion was all about, you back tracking to try and make a point about disk movies is just bizarre.

Its far more convenient to just turn on a console that updates itself and which games will always run on without major issues. SO far you have had us scouring amazon and google buying about 20 different parts to a PC and then telling us that watching a 20 minute youtube video will be enough for someone with no knowledge on electronics to build the thing.

Can you not see how ridiculous your argument is?

Everyone knows a decent gaming PC (which you CANT get for under the price of a console) is better for gaming BUT it's far easier to game on consoles if time and money is an issue.

No doubt you will come back with something ridiculous to keep this going.

In any case the consoles are first and foremost gaming machines, not DVD or bluray players although they do have that feature. The convince argument Iakona was making was relevant to gaming which is what this discussion was all about, you back tracking to try and make a point about disk movies is just bizarre.

Its far more convenient to just turn on a console that updates itself and which games will always run on without major issues. SO far you have had us scouring amazon and google buying about 20 different parts to a PC and then telling us that watching a 20 minute youtube video will be enough for someone with no knowledge on electronics to build the thing.

Can you not see how ridiculous your argument is?

Everyone knows a decent gaming PC (which you CANT get for under the price of a console) is better for gaming BUT it's far easier to game on consoles if time and money is an issue.

No doubt you will come back with something ridiculous to keep this going.

The part in bold is just plain wrong.

Anyone who can't build a PC after watching a quick tutorial is probably the same type of person that struggles to tie their shoe laces. It isn't difficult and is probably more difficult to get it wrong than it is to do it right.

PC Games update themselves too.