*** The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread ***

Holt was fantastic..

Wilson- terrible

Tav- poor

Clark- not good enough

Waghorn- really poor, AGAIN.

We are absolutely desperate for a number 9..

I agree with all your ratings apart from Waghorn.

I think you're harsh on him, in some games he's left completely isolated. Mainly because we pass the ball out from the back, which means our midfield always have to come short for the ball. Leaving our only striker miles up the park.

Realistically we need an out and out goalscoring striker to help him out.

Neil McCann, "possession means nothing in football".

I respect his opinion and he is a good pundit and he is not wrong in this case.

We need to be slicker, faster, more direct, with defence splitting passes and bully teams.

?, in my opinion your post two posts have been spot on

Striker and a more direct wide man needed . I like McKay when the drives at players just had to believe in his ability more . Odowa can't provided unless we are 3-0 up and his tricks are fun but until we are there he does nothing . I like zelalem thing he spreads the ball well but over all the team has to spead there passing up . Over all should have one .

Too many mistakes overall and a very poor first half as a result of the starting XI selection. Much better in the second half but passing and movement not quite quick enough for my liking. A few players put in an under par performance but a draw would have been a fairer result.

If the shots that hit the woodwork had gone in we'd be sitting here with a different perspective.

Lessons need to be learnt though.

The most disappointing thing about today is that Stubbs can gloat for a while. We have to suck it up and do our bit until the next meeting.

Well done for the run lads. Shame it ended today. Now let's go on another one.

Possession and fancy football are all very good but they don't mean fuck all if you can't put the ball in the net, our goal was a deflection so in some respect we were lucky to get that.

We have been found out, other teams know how to play against us, we just don't have the quality for Mr Warburtons type of play.

Who wouldn't have taken 33 points from 36 at start of the season?

Let's stop panicking. Their next game they will drop points. We won't. Simple. This squad is for this season. I see areas with potential for improvement. Sure we all do.

34 points was a bare minimum...get them all punted! :mad:;)

Indeed, I'll be surprised if the gap isn't 13 points or more by the next time we play them.

We need a strong striker to play through the middle of the front three. Waghorn is far more effective on the right of the three. We've got two transfer windows to get it sorted before the top flight so no need to panick just yet. A defeat was always going to happen this season and on the day we had no luck and the ref gave us fuck all and hivs got everything their way. As Warburton said we will play far worse than that and get the win. We still bossed large parts of the game and lost because of two mistakes.