*** The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread ***

Just had a wee look

Rangers home to Alloa next game

EJ away to St Midden

back to 8 points b4 we know it

Every chance. I reckon we'll be in a great position come the next encounter at Ibrox on the 28th.

Possession and fancy football are all very good but they don't mean fuck all if you can't put the ball in the net, our goal was a deflection so in some respect we were lucky to get that.

We have been found out, other teams know how to play against us, we just don't have the quality for Mr Warburtons type of play.

I disagree. The match stats today looked similar to some games where we won 3,4 or 5 goals by. The difference between today and in those games is we never took our chances... and gifted them their second.

Let's not beat about the bush, it was a gift.

They can flap their gums all they like but the fact is we didn't deserve to lose...but we did. We move on and put it behind us. If their season is defined by one lucky win against us then so be it.

I still think big Vuckic would be a big strong lad to drive into the box.

The wingers need to take a man on every time rather than this pass back and along the box.

Tav needs competition

Clark is never a Rangers player, Miller is finished,Temps is finished, Aird is finished and Wilson is a backup

I still think big Vuckic would be a big strong lad to drive into the box.

The wingers need to take a man on every time rather than this pass back and along the box.

Tav needs competition

Clark is never a Rangers player, Miller is finished,Temps is finished, Aird is finished and Wilson is a backup

Vuckic is pish.

Possession and fancy football are all very good but they don't mean fuck all if you can't put the ball in the net, our goal was a deflection so in some respect we were lucky to get that.

We have been found out, other teams know how to play against us, we just don't have the quality for Mr Warburtons type of play.

Are you at it?

Lucky to get a goal? Found out? We clearly should have won that that game, and would have had their keeper not saved them on a couple of occasions or if our shots had not hit the woodwork.

Are you forgetting the penalty we should have had?

There have been a number of comments like this from you, often during matches which we subsequently went on to win. 'We'll never win this....been found out' etc etc.

The Reverend Jolly has nothing on you. :D

Are you at it?

Lucky to get a goal? Found out? We clearly should have won that that game, and would have had their keeper not saved them on a couple of occasions or if our shots had not hit the woodwork.

There have been a number of comments like this from you, often during matches which we subsequently went on to win.

I'm a grumpy auld cunt....I'll give you that :)

Are you at it?

There have been a number of comments like this from you, often during matches which we subsequently went on to win. 'We'll never win this....been found out' etc etc.

Never mind the Rev Jolly shit.

We got beaten. There are signs in the last few games that this result was coming.

Its went like this....scoring loads of goals and steam rolling teams, comments being made about us being able go all season unbeaten, beat Celtic if we played them to getting beat by St Johnstone, scoring less goals, scraping last minute winners and getting beat today.

Some people do not need to be tarred with that depressive tag just because they are looking ahead and are realistic.

No point talking about bossing games when we get beat and struggle to score,

Never mind the Rev Jolly shit.

We got beaten. There are signs in the last few games that this result was coming.

Its went like this....scoring loads of goals and steam rolling teams, comments being made about us being able go all season unbeaten, beat Celtic if we played them to getting beat by St Johnstone, scoring less goals, scraping last minute winners and getting beat today.

Some people do not need to be tarred with that depressive tag just because they are looking ahead and are realistic.

No point talking about bossing games when we get beat and struggle to score,

I said plenty of times that our general play has gone down since the start of the season. I predicted in another thread we would lose today.

However that doesn't mean that a) we were lucky to get a goal and b) we have been 'found out'.

There are posters on this forum who go into meltdown if we aren't winning by 3 goals at halftime and who treat every missed pass like it is a sackable offence. Some of us wondered how people would react to a defeat - well the St Johnstone match showed that. Too many people are quick to big us up then slag us off. I never said we'd beat Celtic and I never said we'd go unbeaten.

Even losing today, our football was much better than last year and I genuinely think we were unlucky. Yes, our general play needs to improve but we couldn't sustain early season level all the time. I was picking up what Ritchie said is there seemed to be a pattern and because I don't think we played that badly today. It hurts, but we move on.

Just because a team camps on their 18 yard line doesn't mean we have been 'found out'. Hibs tactics today, at home, was a compliment to us. They knew what would happen if they opened up It is just a shame we couldn't take our chances.

Hopefully we will sort out our defensive problems and get our shooting boots on and we can look forward to another run til the January window.

I said before today that I thought we would lose. I based this the form of both teams, not results.

Having watched that, I am gutted we lost. I thought Hibs would have been much better than they were. We were undone by ourselves.

This is true

Watched us make a mistake they would make 2

Was surprised how shit hibs were

Gifted them goals, we were bossing it like fuck after we equalised, sucker punched at a set play