Using Warburtons Favoured System

thebluedoo

Players from our past that could deliver in todays line up.my starting 11 & subs

Klos (great shot stopper and good distribution)

Gio Van B Amouruso Boumsong Stevens

Albertz McCall Durrant

Laudrup Mols Novo

Subs: Cooper, Ferguson, Davis, Lovenkrandz, Cueller and DeBoar

Wee bit of fun :thumbup:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letezi

Broadfoot McCulloch Svennson Bernard

Capucho Black Emerson

Rottan Beattie Jeffers

Would run amok!!!

Broadfoot was decent for us never a world beater but he was a good enough servant even in Europe he rarely let us down, he was better for us than the useless fuck Whittaker ever was.

I don't think you have included enough mccoist players in that team

Cribari, Goian, Peralta, Bell, Simonsen, Smith (except 6 months in his first spell) Daly, Kyle, Argyriou, Perry, Sandaza, Foster (2nd time), Mohsni & Zaliukas could all be included in our worst ever team they are below some of the shite you mentioned purely because they were playing against even worse opposition.

Jeez youz guyz are hard to please, I was of the opinion player versatility, interchangable positioning and keeping the ball on the ground were the main strategic preferences of M W.

Novo certainly imo would have been in a Warburton team given his time at Rangers he played out wide or as part of a front 2 :pipe:

Anyway carry on, I am clearly no strategist :ph34r:

Jeez youz guyz are hard to please, I was of the opinion player versatility, interchangable positioning and keeping the ball on the ground were the main strategic preferences of M W.

Novo certainly imo would have been in a Warburton team given his time at Rangers he played out wide or as part of a front 2 :pipe:

Even on that basis, you could still have Cooper, de Boer and McCann ahead of Novo.

Anyway carry on, I am clearly no strategist :ph34r:

Clearly.

Pretty sure I'd pick the same top all time 11 from my time regardless of the system.

I was just trying to try something a wee bit different? Pretty sure we all have our own take on all time 11's but given M W has brought his own unique vision on how he wants the game played. Make no mistake leaving Cooper out was no easy task for me as he is my hero but in the Warburton style I saw him and Laudrup as being the 60 minute substitutions. It was more about fitting players into a system than a countdown all time favourite players.