Using Warburtons Favoured System

thebluedoo

Goram

Hutton______Weir________Gough_______Numan

Gazza_____B. Ferguson____Albertz

Laudrup____McCoist____McCann

Subs: McGregor, Cuellar, Robertson, GVB, Hemdani, Mols and Ronald De Boer.

If all those players were at the peaks of their rangers careers, what a team.

I'd have liked a McCall/Ian Ferguson type in there aswell, but that team for me would have been amazing. Hemdani would have been perfect for the tough away games.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Klos distribution was poor - Goram was better with ball at his feet IMO. Novo had great qualities but wasn't that good at retaining possession.

IMO Gascoigne would have thrived under MW. Trevor Steven would also have blended in well.

Trevor Steven was a fantastic player, and don't think he gets enough credit. Absolute class on and off the pitch!

Even though it has to be Watterues in goals, I'd still take Goram tbh. Watterues' distribution was mental though and would work well in a 4-3-3.

Goram/Watterues

Ricksen Gough Amo Numan

Gazza McCall Baxter

Laudrup Mols Cooper

Stuarty is in there for his engine, dig and all round tidy play

I just made a man mess in my pants!

Even when I was picking it I was thinking how fucking amazing that team would be!

We've had so many top players over the years it's impossible to pick.

I kinda feel sorry for some of the younger fans when you see them picking guys like Novo, Jelavic, Hutton etc in an all time Rangers XI. With all due respect to these players who did good jobs for us at the time, they really aren't anywhere near the level of some of the older guys!

Even when I was picking it I was thinking how fucking amazing that team would be!

We've had so many top players over the years it's impossible to pick.

I kinda feel sorry for some of the younger fans when you see them picking guys like Novo, Jelavic, Hutton etc in an all time Rangers XI. With all due respect to these players who did good jobs for us at the time, they really aren't anywhere near the level of some of the older guys!

I think it's a tough call between Albertz and Souness tbh.

I think it's a tough call between Albertz and Souness tbh.

I loved Albertz but Souness was on a different level than that, plus Albertz couldn't tackle a fish supper!

Maybe the Souness that played for Rangers, at that point in his career then there is a choice to make but over the course of their respective careers it's not even an discussion in my opinion!

I loved Albertz but Souness was on a different level than that, plus Albertz couldn't tackle a fish supper!

Maybe the Souness that played for Rangers, at that point in his career then there is a choice to make but over the course of their respective careers it's not even an discussion in my opinion!

Probably right, but Albertz scored so many goals. Actually can't remember what Souness' goal ratio was.

Probably right, but Albertz scored so many goals. Actually can't remember what Souness' goal ratio was.

I think I'm right in saying Albertz was up with the top scoring midfielders in Europe, something like 80 odd in 4 seasons. Souness was a completely different type of player and much more defensive midfielder/anchor man who would control the midfield and generally boss anyone he was up against, not forgetting he was an excellent ball player too!

You don't play CM in a five time league winning and three time European Cup winning team without being a pretty special player!

I agree with you there he's nowhere near good enough to get near an all time 11 for us,doesn't mean to say he's overrated though :P

I suppose it depends what you are rating him on. For desire, passion etc I think it would be difficult to overrate him but in terms of footballing ability he was average at best!