Ebt Statement

Young Bob

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are right on one count .Any impartial controlling organisation in the world would have came out and said already .There will be no further discussion of this and put it to bed .Fact that they haven't says it all really about who is running Scottish football

I've got mixed feelings about it. I think you say "you will never take our titles" once and then shut up, becuase who are you saying it to? The people who agree, agree and those who don't won't change their minds. They just think -well you would say that. I'm glad they've said something and hope they say nothing else unless it has real teeth.

I think it's a good statement!

What I took from it is not that we want to suck up to these other teams or the SFA but just want to make scottish football better so we're calling them out. The SFA etc are trying everything they can to hurt us and the longer we're not in the premiership the worse off Scottish football is because really it's only about us vs them. While we're not there it's a one horse race and nobody wants to watch that unless of course you are one of them. The only tainted titles are the ones that lot have got since we went down. Not the ones we won during the EBT's.

They are right on one count .Any impartial controlling organisation in the world would have came out and said already .There will be no further discussion of this and put it to bed .Fact that they haven't says it all really about who is running Scottish football

Slant eyes needs to appease his fans at all costs!

Looks like the battle is over before it even started.....

THIS, is fucking cringeworthy.........

By Sportsmail Reporter

Published: 23:14, 19 June 2012 | Updated: 23:14, 19 June 2012

Former Rangers director Dave King has said sorry to Scottish football for the EBT scandal which has plunged the game into civil war.

On a day when a Walter Smith-led takeover consortium pulled out of a £6million bid to buy the club, King expressed concern over a perceived lack of humility and acceptance of wrongdoing from the club’s powerbrokers.

A First Tier Tribunal into the ‘big tax case’ involving the old club’s use of Employee Benefit Trust schemes has yet to deliver a verdict. Speaking after the SPL ruled that Rangers had a case to answer over the alleged use of dual contracts, however, King offered the first concession from an Ibrox figurehead that the club may have gained a competitive advantage over their rivals

‘I think we should be sorry - and I certainly am sorry,’ King told Sportsmail. ‘We owe both the Rangers fans and the Scottish footballing public an apology.

‘Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

‘Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about.

‘And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.

‘With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

‘I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

‘I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

But I am happy to say it as a director of the football club. And, having been there for the last couple of days, and getting a sense of the anger and anxiety, that it is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.’

Club chairmen will decide on July 4 if an Ibrox newco should be allowed to play in the top tier next season.

Even if the chairmen vote yes, however, SPL sources have warned that the club could still face expulsion if dual contracts were operated by a board of directors on which King was a member for 12 years.

Insisting there was no attempt to gain a deliberate competitive advantage from the use of a Murray group EBT, King added: ‘No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage.

‘But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now.

‘And the way that Rangers have treated the authorities - instead of having a conversation with them around reparation - has been regrettable.

‘One of the things I would have looked at as part of a consortium in terms of funding is to try and fund them so that they could make some sort of commercial reparation to the other clubs.

‘But let’s do it in a way whereby it is seen to have happened and we come out of it strongly.’

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage."

and if we win the big tax case...we didn't gain a competitive advantage?

DK being caught on both sides of the fence over 3 years ago......with history definitely being written by the victor.