Ebt Statement

Young Bob

Maybe you should start a thread on this rather than quoting this as a reply in other threads?

We could be forgiven for thinking you have an agenda

He's hijacked 3 separate threads with this just now in the space of a minute, simply to have a go at our Chairman.

He does it all the time, make your own mind up!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the battle is over before it even started.....

THIS, is fucking cringeworthy.........

Horrific. I remember thinking at the time that this was an appalling statement and it certainly hasn't aged well.

Look where this got us - absolutely nowhere.

Never...!

There are quite a few threads on the same subject. Maybe a single EBT thread is needed?

Or maybe contribute to a thread that is specifically about this quote?

Seems like you're trying to counter todays statement by providing a counterexample. Are you saying we should be stripped of titles, or that we did cheat because what King said 3 years ago admitted that?

Horrific. I remember thinking at the time that this was an appalling statement and it certainly hasn't aged well.

Look where this got us - absolutely nowhere.

Doesn't look great admittedly. But, it was made at a time where we didn't even have a licence to play football. I don't like it particularly but I won't be retrospectively judging comments during that period too harshly. At the time, I would have told Regan I'd give him a blow job if it would have helped secure our future, I wouldn't stand by that statement now though.

The club has released a statement declaring our irrevocable position on any potential sanctions against us over the hmrc issue.

The fact it's three years old but BA thought it necessary to copy and paste across the forum like a child showing off his new toy, says a lot.

Dear God, what more do these people want from us? Demoted to the bottom tier, prize money withheld, with all the financial implications which have cost us dearly, is there no end to their short-sighted vindictiveness ?

No!

Would be the short answer...

Though it's more driven by a feeling of jealousy, inadequacy and out and out sectarian hatred in a lot of cases.

Poor statement that gives credibility to the anti Rangers agenda.

Much better to say nothing in public and tell them in no uncertain terms that title stripping = no Rangers in Scottish football.

They can also stick the bridge building with our haters.

We have been treated appallingly as a club and support by the rest of Scottish football and it is time the club and support told them all where to go.

We have the numbers and financial muscle. No more apathy and no more taking the back foot.

Looks like the battle is over before it even started.....

THIS, is fucking cringeworthy.........

By Sportsmail Reporter

Published: 23:14, 19 June 2012 | Updated: 23:14, 19 June 2012

Former Rangers director Dave King has said sorry to Scottish football for the EBT scandal which has plunged the game into civil war.

On a day when a Walter Smith-led takeover consortium pulled out of a £6million bid to buy the club, King expressed concern over a perceived lack of humility and acceptance of wrongdoing from the clubs powerbrokers.

A First Tier Tribunal into the big tax case involving the old clubs use of Employee Benefit Trust schemes has yet to deliver a verdict. Speaking after the SPL ruled that Rangers had a case to answer over the alleged use of dual contracts, however, King offered the first concession from an Ibrox figurehead that the club may have gained a competitive advantage over their rivals

I think we should be sorry - and I certainly am sorry, King told Sportsmail. We owe both the Rangers fans and the Scottish footballing public an apology.

Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about.

And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.

With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

But I am happy to say it as a director of the football club. And, having been there for the last couple of days, and getting a sense of the anger and anxiety, that it is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.

Club chairmen will decide on July 4 if an Ibrox newco should be allowed to play in the top tier next season.

Even if the chairmen vote yes, however, SPL sources have warned that the club could still face expulsion if dual contracts were operated by a board of directors on which King was a member for 12 years.

Insisting there was no attempt to gain a deliberate competitive advantage from the use of a Murray group EBT, King added: No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage.

But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now.

And the way that Rangers have treated the authorities - instead of having a conversation with them around reparation - has been regrettable.

One of the things I would have looked at as part of a consortium in terms of funding is to try and fund them so that they could make some sort of commercial reparation to the other clubs.

But lets do it in a way whereby it is seen to have happened and we come out of it strongly.

Quoting any article from years ago is strange,nevermind one from a Scottish newspaper :rolleyes:

Poor statement that gives credibility to the anti Rangers agenda.

Much better to say nothing in public and tell them in no uncertain terms that title stripping = no Rangers in Scottish football.

They can also stick the bridge building with our haters.

We have been treated appallingly as a club and support by the rest of Scottish football and it is time the club and support told them all where to go.

We have the numbers and financial muscle. No more apathy and no more taking the back foot.

And where do you suggest we would play?

Please be realistic, don't come out with that England pish ffs.

Dear God, what more do these people want from us? Demoted to the bottom tier, prize money withheld, with all the financial implications which have cost us dearly, is there no end to their short-sighted vindictiveness ?

Nope .Not as long as we are weak pussies

"Nope .Not as long as we are weak pussies"

At one time I may have disagreed with you but now I think you may have a valid point. I'm simply astounded by the hatred towards us, ( am I just naïve ?) and also it seems there are an awful lot of people who cannot see the damage they are causing Scottish football with their blinkered, biased, outlook. I truly despair.

And where do you suggest we would play?Please be realistic, don't come out with that England pish ffs.

It would never come to that. It's a game of brinkmanship and this time we must not blink.

As it stands England is at present a non starter. It may change in future but who know although it looks very unlikely.

I may be in the minority but I would tell the rest of Scottish football it's all or nothing.

Why would we want to be a member of an organisation or play in a country that does not even try and disguise their hatred and contempt for us?

The last few years has proven how much the game in this country relies on us on and off the pitch. If they are not prepared to treat us fairly and with respect then I would resign and then consider the alternatives.

Bending the knee to our haters and enemies is not an option for me.

A great statement IMO

I said on here a few days ago that we needed to put out something like this. Strike first or its open season and left for the fans to defend the club.

Glad to know the blazers are reading and taking my ideas on board :)

It would never come to that. It's a game of brinkmanship and this time we must not blink.

As it stands England is at present a non starter. It may change in future but who know although it looks very unlikely.

I may be in the minority but I would tell the rest of Scottish football it's all or nothing.

Why would we want to be a member of an organisation or play in a country that does not even try and disguise their hatred and contempt for us?

The last few years has proven how much the game in this country relies on us on and off the pitch. If they are not prepared to treat us fairly and with respect then I would resign and then consider the alternatives.

Totally agree with you , to move forward, a line has to be drawn, especially with the latest news of hmrc going after some of the people calling for our heads over the last 4 years.

Unfortunately it would be an empty threat.

It would be illegal for the board to jump ship. As we are a PLC they have a legal obligation to look out for the business. Withdrawing from the SPFL would see them up on criminal charges as the shareholders would lose out.