Should The Club Ban The Bbc Permanently?

kelvd1873

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. A ban is futile as they'll just carry on regardless, and it makes it look like we're throwing the toys out the pram.

Club should make a public statement telling everyone exactly why the BBC are wrong.

And do it every single time they get it wrong.

Show them up for what they are.

No. A ban is futile as they'll just carry on regardless, and it makes it look like we're throwing the toys out the pram.

Club should make a public statement telling everyone exactly why the BBC are wrong.

We've had plenty opportunities to do so thus far. We cant stop them reporting but a ban from Ibrox should be immediate.

Aye that will really show them

Bunch of biased, brass-necked toerags. I think the agenda driven reporting we are seeing shows that they have no interest in balance and certainly haven't learnt anything since previously admitting they hadn't reported fairly.

I think part of the problem is that they can't see how they are allowing their personal opinions cloud their broadcasting duty.

I wouldn't miss the BBC at all, I would be happy to ban them permanently. Unfortunately I think our media deal compels us to grant them interviews etc? Might be wrong

Yes, watching BBC Scotland News last night and out of all the interviews with past players and managers who are against title stripping they get the almighty Darren O'Dea who is playing in the Indian league on air and broadcast his opinion of that we should have titles stripped.

They absolutely LOVE reporting doom & gloom stuff on us and it's getting very tiresome and definitely not impartial news that I would expect from the country we live in.

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it. To be honest, if the club decided to ban all media outlets I wouldn't be at all bothered by it. They do the club no good at all. Keep everything internal and engage with the fans via official channels. i.e website, YouTube channel, Rangers TV etc.

How do we lobby the club to suggest this then? Does anyone have any direct contacts at the club?

Said it months ago .King and Murray got an easy ride from the Sfa for some reason .I believe they sold out to them in some form .Time will tell but these two and their building bridges garbage are going to do more harm than anyone can imagine

There hasn't been any balance what so ever to their recent tirade against the club, mostly that tirade, agenda and bias is by their own employees.One lone voice against a Tsunami off lies, Richard Wilson last night put Spiers back in his hurt locker.

Until there is fair and balanced reporting about our club from them, BBC Emerald CSC should be banned.

It's not about 'showing them'. It's about showing everyone else that they're wrong.

Banning them does nothing but indicate that we don't like what they say. We have to rebut their lies with truth.

and who reports "the truth"? Banning them indicates we dont trust them to be impartial.

Of course they should be banned permanently. The last few days have shown they have no intention of changing the way they report on our club. Pacific Shelf "fans" disgrace their vile club once again and instantly the BBC trot out stories about Rangers fans singing on trains and another one making monkey gestures,clearly with the sole intention of taking the public glare away from that wee cute loveable club in the East. 99.9% of ex Pacific Shelf players say no titles or honours should be stripped so the BBC go out their way to find ONE no mark non entity ex player currently with Mumbai City who takes the uneducated view.

Unfortunately I cannot see our current board taking the correct course of action. Ditto with the Rhebel or indeed the many recent borderline slanderous statements made not from fans of other clubs but journalists themselves.

No, I'm not in favour of any bans, if the BBC or any other media outlet or broadcaster is innacurate then put them right, if they're blatantly wrong then call them out,if they are down right lying then sue them, make examples out of them, there can only be so many times a National Broadcaster can be proven wrong before an agenda becomes crystal clear to all.

I believe in a strong outside media, our club will never be properly challenged by our own kn house media so I think we do need an impartial media to ask the tough questions, tough/challenging questions are good, thats when you see the cut of a leaders jib, banning journalists and national Broadcasters is futile, all it does is allows them to report on the club unchallenged.

There hasn't been any balance what so ever to their recent tirade against the club, mostly that tirade, agenda and bias is by their own employees.One lone voice against a Tsunami off lies, Richard Wilson last night put Spiers back in his hurt locker.

Until there is fair and balanced reporting about our club from them, BBC Emerald CSC should be banned.

"Richard Wilson last night put Spiers back in his hurt locker." I missed that,what did Wilson say?

Didn't listen to it, don't even know what he sounds like.

He's a bear, no idea how he can work for them.

I doubt he is a bear .May have a fondness over unwashed but I can't see him being a bear .More likely ,he is just unusually impartial within a biased media