Celtic Statement

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, just got home and read this.

Of the 20 or odd teams who played in the top division at the time of our EBT successes, which did we think would have the biggest inferiority chip on the shoulder.

Yep cellic.

No doubt they'll now be pulling the strings in politics, the media and with Liewell's kowtowing SPL buddies to get the legal guys and the SFA to punish big bad Rangers again, and claim all sorts of tainted titles and cups.

An amended version of an earlier post of mine.

The court of public opinion has no jurisdiction on this issue. The SPL independent commission gave their verdict which, as per the SPL edict, was to be decisive no matter what the outcome of any HMRC appeal. Our disagreement over some claimed unpaid tax had no bearing on the results on the park. The players were all correctly registered at the time therefore they were eligible to play in the games. If we were subsequently to have been found not to have deducted sufficient tax then that is nobody's business but ours and the tax man. There were no football rules governing such a dispute between a club and the tax man. Just as others state that King's statement has no authority so neither has the opinion of any other club's director or fans. This is not a case where everyone gets a vote, this is about rules which were in place and a decision (which was unanimous) by an independent legal group of 3 eminent lawyers, Lord Nimmo Smith and 2 QCs. If they dare to try to remove any titles then we would take this to an appeal to UEFA and the CAS citing other previous instances where clubs and players have used tax avoidance schemes which led to claims from the Tax authority (eg Arsenal.) which had no bearing on their trophies.

They're just trying to appease their supporters which is why they used the word surprised rather than attack us directly with a definitive sporting advantage argument. But they would no doubt support a decision that went against us by the SFA despite they're own tax management approach. Hypocritical kunts.

Its one thing that supporters of other clubs want to have their say, but for a club to actually put out a statement about your closest rivals is actually pathetic. I wouldnt want Rangers to comment on their business. Very poor, even for them.

This.

I've never known any team , whether that be directors or players , to comment on their opponents affairs . They would leave anything contentious to the authorities , without having to put their tuppence in , and accept how it was dealt with .

The last few years have seen blown out the water by bheast fc . Disgrace doesn't come close , and now they're coming across as a small minded , petty organisation with the mentality of I want , I want , I want. Their greed blinds them to the outside world , where bigger teams must be shaking their heads in disbelief at their behaviour . Integrity - you're having a laugh.

I , too , would hope Rangers would rise above all this and not get dragged down to their level , however I have absolutely no faith in the spfl's ability in being able to fight this lynch mob mentality that the bheasts are trying to garnish , and it does look like we're going to have to fight anyway we can to keep what's rightfully ours .

For decades they fiddled attendances and paid their players win bonuses cash in hand from the gate money, in others words they avoided tax. We'll be having your nine in a row and your European Cup please. Part of me kinda wants this big can of worms opened.

They are saying we won trophies due to the Government permited EBTs giving us an unsporting advantage financially.

I say we question the UEFA Fair Play greatest fans award to cellic fans as it was mostly financed by unsporting Government Giros, which were given to them to buy soap and stuff. . not to travel abroad on.

Was sporting integrity upheld when Warsaw broke rules but received no sporting advantage? Naw

Aye. :lol: Great point.

Back then it was about factual rule breaks. Sporting integrity was put to the side.

Now it's about subjective sporting advantage. Sporting integrity. Facts are put to the side.

Whatever brings the most advantage, really.

Weak response to Dave Kings statement by a hate filled, bigot pandering, nothing of a club with neither the heart or ability to beat us on the park to those titles.

If their supporters were anything more than plastic paddy retarded bigots they'd be ashamed to be associated with that statement and everything it says about their club as a whole. Founded on a basis of bigotry and lack of self worth and still holding strong to those ideals they are nothing more than an embarrassment to the sport.

They accuse us of being a disgrace to Scottish football and harming it's image in a World and European context and then highlight to everyone exactly who is responsible for the hatred and bile poisoning our game.
They are a disgrace and deserve nothing but contempt, I feel ashamed to play in the same league system as them.

Aye. :lol: Great point.

Back then it was about factual rule breaks. Sporting integrity was put to the side.

Now it's about subjective sporting advantage. Sporting integrity. Facts are put to the side.

Whatever brings the most advantage, really.

Good point mate, much the same as the 3tim ruling - "it is common sense" - would that go for a murder case - "aye, it's common sense you kilt yer missus, with the huge insurance payout".

After some thought, in providing this statement I think celtic are actually throwing in the towel in this and the statement is just a sop to their fans and here is why:

They hark back to the LNS commission ruling; however these rulings cannot be overturned :

Rule G4 states:-

A Commission shall comprise not less than three members of the Panel and any decision of a majority of them, subject to the rights of appeal in Rules G8, G9 and G10, shall be final and binding.

· The SPL cannot appeal the decision re the side letter as were we actually found guilty of non disclosure of the side letters.

· They cannot appeal against the decision that despite the deliberate non-disclosure there was no playing of ineligible players because the SPL case did not invite the Commission to find that ineligible players were fielded. If they did not ask the Commission to make such a finding, then the SPL cannot appeal against that decision.

Now G8: Any Club or person who or which is the subject of an adverse determination by the Board or a Commission may, unless the Rules expressly state otherwise and provided the SFA Articles provide for a right of appeal to the SFA, appeal against such determination in accordance with the SFA Articles.

However the SPL actually won – they would be appealing against there own victory and Regan is himself quoted as saying at the time of the result “lets draw a line under the matter”.

In summary the SPL does not have anything against which to appeal and doesn’t have the heart to bother.

I believe that Celtic and their lawyers know this only to well.

of course they do the cunts use the same lawyers as the sfa

sporting integrity my arse