Celtic Statement

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For decades they fiddled attendances and paid their players win bonuses cash in hand from the gate money, in others words they avoided tax. We'll be having your nine in a row and your European Cup please. Part of me kinda wants this big can of worms opened.

Aye, they've made a habit of making `suspect` payments to their players for years, as attested to by Gemmel in his book..

If Scotland were playing one of the smaller nations, Jock preferred his players to rest before a vital club game the next Saturday.

He would ‘advise’: “Say you’ve got a hamstring or something. I’ll get someone from the club to put in a call.”

However, if it was a crucial qualifying game in the World Cup or Euros it was different.

Back then, the international fee was £50 so you cleared around £36 after tax, etc.

Big Jock would add a sweetener – a £50 tax-free payment for not representing Scotland. So you got more by not playing for your country than you could for playing!

Money, of course, had nothing to do with it. You can’t buy those sort of memories.

If i`m not mistaken that`s during their most successful era too. Sporting integrity indeed.

What a pathetic statement from a pathetic club.

Do they honestly believe that we couldn't sign decent players without any incentives? FFS we had the likes of Gazza, Jorg Albertz, Brian Laudrup and obviously the other Scottish greats like Ally McCoist, Davie Cooper, Ian Durrant, John Grieg, Sandy Jardine. The list goes on and on and on! All these players and much more like them without EBT's. The brand name "Rangers" brings players to us and will do again once we are back in our rightful place.

Why can't we just go to war with this club . Why ??? Why doesn't King and Murray not go on the attack for once . Good statement today but go to war with this shower of utter scum bags . Make all the hard core bears proud for once.

Exactly!

Let's call a spade a spade here, yes we avoided paying tax. However you had a known paedophile ring at your club.

Sorted!

Why can't we just go to war with this club . Why ??? Why doesn't King and Murray not go on the attack for once . Good statement today but go to war with this shower of utter scum bags . Make all the hard core bears proud for once.

Ach why not. One more litigation won't hurt (tu)

Celtic are a disgrace to the nation by their support of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and their brutal Irish politics. Their naivety of attitude towards the poppy is deplorable.

Everyone of them are shite bags and run away at the mere site of a Rangers top.

What a pathetic statement from a pathetic club.

Agree but we still need to watch this crowd like a hawk. You can bet they will be working furiously behind close doors to find any way to manipulate the situation to their advantage.

The good thing is that in the long term, they are setting themselves up for a fall with their holier than thou attitude. It's only a matter of time before one or two of the many skeletons in their cupboard are exposed. When that day comes, lets waste no sympathy on them.

Basically saying that we can't do fuck all until an appeal is or is not lodged. But they will come out all guns blazing in the name of sporting integrity as soon as they get a green light

Fucking reeks.

This what this has all been about from the start, they can't handle the fact we have more than them and will try and take them anyway they can

This decision better get appealed to give us more time to get back in our feet

This lot think they own, run and champion Scottish football. That's right they do.

Sadly this is a worry.

I actually took the news yesterday of letters going to other clubs with a pinch of salt , now with this statement I'm not so sure - it could be that they've been caught out sneakily going behind the spfl's back and getting the usual suspects to back them up.

Are the spfl , or Neil Doncaster , in particular , strong enough to hold the baying mob at bay ? I don't think so , not if his previous is anything to go by where he hid behind the ' I only do what the club's vote for ' excuse.

Well actually Neil , that's not why you're there. You're there to show leadership , you're supposed to be the voice of reason when members clubs get carried away in their blind hatred , and you're there to make sure sanity prevails , so that we don't look like the arseholes of world football.

And you can start by nipping this in the bud and pointing out we had every right to find a way cutting our taxes in the same manner several teams in England did , where anyone mentioning title stripping would have been ridiculed to the point of embarrassment.

I'm ragin btw :D

Fenian bastards.

They can release statements if they want, it only strengthens our case that they're obsessed with Scotland's biggest club.

In fairness i'd be worried like them too if their current team is any sort of image of what we need to beat next season.

Watch your posts folks. There's been a few off here who have had their doors kicked in by the polis.

Make sure that your IP isn't your own house address when you post (tu)

Wiz about tae post something horrible there. Cheers mate. Might have done me a favour! FUCK SMELLIK

Agree no more talk of building bridges. They are cunts that hate us. We should never pretend that they are anything else.

We missed a chance last week and should have issued a statement about the stain on Scottish football that is their support bringing down the reputation of Scottish football