Kenny Miller - 1 Year Contract Extension

one55

161115_miller_warburton_contract_extensi

RANGERS are today delighted to announce striker Kenny Miller has signed a one year extension to his current contract.

In what is now Miller’s third spell as a Gers player, he has proved to be an integral part of Mark Warburton’s squad this season both on the field and off it.

Scoring five goals in 13 appearances so far in this campaign, Miller has also taken on a coaching role with Rangers’ under-20s team, working under their manager Ian Durrant.

This remains a playing contract however given how impressed manager Mark Warburton has been with the Scotland national team ‘Roll of Honour’ member.

Over his spells with Rangers, Miller has made 201 appearances and has hit 81 goals in the process.

With Rangers hopeful of a return to the top flight next season, Miller will possibly have the chance to add to his excellent record against old foes Celtic, against whom he has scored seven goals in 13 games played.

Despite the importance of those goals however, arguably his greatest moment in Light Blue came in the 2010 League Cup Final against St Mirren.

With Rangers down to nine men with Danny Wilson and Kevin Thomson having been sent off, Miller incredibly nodded in a late winner to sensationally bring the trophy back to Ibrox.

Although he has been battling a slight injury in the last few weeks, Miller looks set to return to the Rangers squad for Saturday’s trip to Livingston.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kenny-signs-new-deal/

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as against this as some will be. He's got good experience and is an impact player. Could be useful as a squad player next season.

Provided he's on cheap wages and we are looking at real quality targets to enhance our starting XI outright for next year then I'm fine with it.

Kenny miller in first 5 games of the season (3 sub appearances I think and 2 starts) - 5 goals

He's definitely effective even if he was only a 2nd/3rd choice for any of front 3 positions

A year contract extension and then maybe keep him as a coach will do me

I think MW has done it for the experience in the dressing room. There are a lot of young players at the club and KM will be a good mentor and he will pass on what is expected of RFC players and like has been said I think he's getting lined up for a coaching role

He is exactly the kind of player that is needed in the dressing room for the young players. I don't think we will actually see that much of him as a player anyways but IMO he is a handy man to have coming off the bench for 10/15 mins this season even the 30 mins that Mr Warburton likes to give