Kenny Miller - 1 Year Contract Extension

one55

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Warburton obviously seems something in Kenny Miller that is valuable to Rangers.

His performances in training and on the pitch have obviously attributed to his earning of that contract extension, however as previously discussed; He's doing a lot with the under 20's now, and focusing more and more on the coaching side of football.

I'd suspect Rangers will be Kenny's last port of call, in a playing sense, and possibly his first port of call in a coaching sense.

He adds a lot of experience to the squad,it's easy to look at his age etc but if we can look past that as we all did with Davie weir that's where we'll see his true value.

Ask any defenders in Scotland for their opinion on playing against him before we jump on the slagging bandwagon

Most experienced player in our squad in both age and his playing career, that is vital to help out what is a very young squad. Can always rely on Kenny to put in a shift when needed. As long as he isn't seen as a 1st team player, and continues to help out off the field, I can't see any issue with this. If we let him go, our most experienced player would then become Shiels, 5 years younger than Kenny and nowhere near the same level of career. Warburton likes a good mix and would probably rather re-sign Kenny than go out and try to bring in someone with that kind of experience. Good decision in my eyes.