Drawing Against Livingston

GOAT

Tbh mate I wouldn't - like this anyway (on top by goal difference) I wanted to build up a decent lead, crush Hibs and get this in the bag asap

It's idealist I know but it's still what I wanted and I'm sure at one point we were or could have went 12 clear?

That said I do get its only 2 games we've dropped points in all season and it's almost Dec but warning signs have been with me for months and I think we will drop a lot more playing as we have past few months

Top by gd with a game in hand. Get your points and yes we need a couple of new faces in the Jan window. Midfield looks less convincing without Law but we are creating chances but not putting them away, we need a poacher and either have to try Hardie or bring in a new face. Cannot keep trying miller and Clark as one is past it and the other never had it to begin with.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's annoying about it all is that teams know how to play against us and we don't seem to have any other way of going about our football, except trying, and trying to pass our way into the net.

Not a great policy when our passing is so bad. Not a viable method to win games I'd say.

And winning is important, losing points regardless of dominance and possession is, in a word, pointless!

I'm happy where we are.

We've dropped points in two games so far , both of which we deserved to win.

Yes , the form has dipped , but that happens regularly with better teams than this - even the ones that won 9 in a row with players like Laudrup and Gazza in the side .

Oh great here we go, lets all tell Mark Warburton how to manage his team. Its weird how last year it was all about I wish they would keep it on the deck with a couple of widemen getting at defences, and then the biggest one was playing Boyd or Daly as a targetman. Fast forward a year and all of a sudden we want all that back.

Football is never a given and especially not decided on yer wage bill, we enjoyed a cracking start to this season but there is plenty of work still to do. After last year I never expected this season to be any easier than last, we need to get a grip on the expectation level.

We are sitting in a good position right now, with a game in hand. Yes I believe we will go up as winners but thats not a given its a projection of the evidence of the way we have been playing.

I'm glad we're at where we're at now, but today's result is unacceptable. We controlled most of the match then one slack pass (of too many) gave Livi the ball right outside our box when they scored. The team looked pedestrian today, and slack passing was happening the full match it seemed like ..

If we're going to give away cheap goals then we need to score them and put away our chances.

Most of the teams in SPFL Premiership could beat us if we play as poor as that.

There's no point being Mr Brave (no pointing elbows) saying Hibs don't have the bottle to win the title during the week then ending up with egg on your face at the weekend drawing 1-1 with Livi because of a poor lacklustre performance, after a 2 week break. At the start of the season we were phenomenal but our goal difference is slowly starting to look more like Hibs ..

Don't get me wrong, i'm still confident we will cruise to the title but improvement is needed for the Premiership to take it by storm for 55.

The day we can excuse drawing with Livi is the day we become a 2nd tier club