Drawing Against Livingston

GOAT

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to panic. Hibs only lucked past Livingston at home because the ref bottled a clear penalty to Livingston and a red card for the Hibs player at 0-0. Not the first time they have carried the luck with penalty decisions in the last few weeks either.

We on the other hand are playing poorly but also having no luck with woodwork etc. When we get the breaks and they don't we will pull away again.

Yet another international weekend next? Sigh.

We win our game in hand against Dunbarton at Ibrox on 1st Dec, 3 points ahead with a goal difference that is effectively four points.

Then we win at Raith and Hibs fail to win at Morton. At least five points ahead. Hibs can't keep on winning. Even we couldn't do that.

No need to panic but questions need to be asked. Why have a few of our players performances dipped so much. Tavernier is almost unrecognisable from the start of the season. Barry Mckay is a confidence player and from todays showing he has lost that...his miss in the second half was inexcusable, all he had to do was put his laces through it but instead tried some tame finish with the outside of his boot.

One plus today was Ball..solid yet again.

I suppose some fans just need to get things off their chest without engaging the brain. Frustrated by today but hardly a shambles.

Perhaps not a shambles but we are toothless, pinging the ball about may look good, but we ought to be pinging the ball in the net. There is no bite to the team with only two shots on target in the first half, obviously Warburton has learned nothing in the last four months, we pass the ball too much allowing teams to get into defensive positions then we try to play the ball through ten men!.

The big worry for me is the fact we are playing in the 2nd tier against mediocre sides and can't score goals and even don't look any better than them while totally dominating the games, now that's a shambles.

A lot of the panic on here stems from the stupid expectations some people have of this team.they come on here every week citing the team are going to win five six or seven nil.they fantasise about winning a cup and being in Europe next year.none of these things are going to happen but sure as fuck we will be treated to the same shite prior to the next match.truth is the team is doing well for the type of players we have at the moment.we might win the league but it's going to be very close and people need to realise that.

I think the only problems from today was just a bad day at the office with slack passing and not showing enough aggression in the final third after getting the 1st goal and maybe giving Livi too much respect in that sense. We should have started to steamroller them and upped the tempo quickly to get 2 and seize the match after the 1st goal like we done to Hibs and our other usually good performances this season, but our repeated slack passing prevented us from getting to our usual level of performance today.

You can always try to excuse it and say that we hit the post/should have had penalty etc., but we have hit the post and had goal line saves/clearances/pen shouts etc. not given against us nearly every match including in the 2 losses and one draw this season, and 12 win run etc.. I would rather be saying that we prevailed, and not let poorer teams take any points from us.

Some matches we hit the post 2-3 times with a 4-0 win etc, so that can't be used as an excuse when we don't win. We just didn't hit our normal levels today.

The team looked dejected at the draw, I'm certain next match will be back to our normal levels even if it isn't a big scoreline. I would rather have a little wake up call now than next season. Warbs will recognise everything that is needed for the team more than anyone else, I'm definitely not panicking at all.

I'm one of Warbs biggest fans I think but i'm disappointed we let Livi take a point from us, there was only like a 1% chance of it happening but it happened.. Every dog has their day, onwards towards 55

Think some people need to get a wee bit of a grip, the team have won 37 from 42 points, the performance levels have dropped in the last month or so but thats a lot to do with teams figuring us out too, at the start of the Season we were still seen as the big monster who everyone still thought they could get at, they had a go and got punished for it, now they're a lot more conservative against us and we're needing to win games in a different way, we have the best players and the best squad and the best manager in the Division, we'll win it but we need to have patience, remember this is a new team we have and they're still all learning together, playing against 10 men behind the ball will be relatively new to all of them.

2015 and the average scottish "fitba" fan is a brainless moron as the thread exemplifies.

When did all this "plan A/plan B" stuff become a thing. It's bullshit talk you've learned from watching middle nobodies on tv talk about football.

We've a new manager and a new team. We're top of the league, have scored plenty and have played more sophisticated football than we've seen in years at Ibrox.

Now all of a sudden we have fans complaining about "too much possession" and "no plan b". Scottish football just can't rid itself of the "get it in the mixer" mentality, can it?

All these points and goals came when teams didn't know how to play against us. Now they do the goals have dried up. It has been coming for weeks

A lot of the panic on here stems from the stupid expectations some people have of this team.they come on here every week citing the team are going to win five six or seven nil.they fantasise about winning a cup and being in Europe next year.none of these things are going to happen but sure as fuck we will be treated to the same shite prior to the next match.truth is the team is doing well for the type of players we have at the moment.we might win the league but it's going to be very close and people need to realise that.

no mate we expect to beat crap teams ?? of your are happy drawing with livi then your perspective is wrong. Even scraping a win isn't good enough if you compare the 2 clubs

I have been saying for a while now we need another striker. Should be our priority in the January transfer window.

Having 60% plus possession against diddy teams and 10+ shots and scraping a win is not good enough. We have rod

Wee have ridden our luck at times and only the sheer grit and determination of our squad has seen us through.

The right striker may well get us automatic promotion. Go get him Warbs!!!!!!!

2015 and the average scottish "fitba" fan is a brainless moron as the thread exemplifies.

When did all this "plan A/plan B" stuff become a thing. It's bullshit talk you've learned from watching middle nobodies on tv talk about football.

We've a new manager and a new team. We're top of the league, have scored plenty and have played more sophisticated football than we've seen in years at Ibrox.

Now all of a sudden we have fans complaining about "too much possession" and "no plan b". Scottish football just can't rid itself of the "get it in the mixer" mentality, can it?

Well said, Sir.

no mate we expect to beat crap teams of your are happy drawing with livi then your perspective is wrong. Even scraping a win isn't good enough if you compare the 2 clubs

Not happy with a draw against livi and you can't compare the two clubs,but you can compare the two squads and whilst livi are a team of fuckin plodders,we are nowhere near the team that some people on here think.hopefully the team plus a few additions can win us promotion but it will be very tight I believe.

Can't believe some of the comments on here. We drew a game against opposition we should, on paper, have beat easily. That's football, it happens to all teams no matter their stature. So our form has shaded over the last few games. Again, that happens to all teams every season. No team plays at the top of their form all the time. IMO, your lucky if you get that maybe 10 games a season.

I still have every confidence that we will win the league. Time to keep believing and supporting our team, and the best manager we have had in years.

I think we need to freshen things up a bit, I am concerned that the International break was mibee treated more like a holiday than it should have been..I am not going to get involved in any Boardroom section topics regarding funds..(I'm no daft)..But I doubt we hired a Scout recently NOT to go out and buy a couple of players in the next window..Disappointing day for me. But still POSITIVE that we will win this League..