Ramsdens Cup Final

ShanksRFC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced our fans would have enough interest in this nothing wee trophy to fill it.

I would hope they have enough interest in Rangers though.

We regularly get over 40k at Ibrox so it is not a big stretch to fill Hampden, especially if ticket prices are reasonable.

Remember this may be a mickey mouse trophy but it is one we have never won. As we will also never have been bigger favourites to win a cup final I imagine most of our fans will want to be there.

If its Hampden, then its a great opportunity to show the haters just how big a club and support we are. If Scottish Cup semi-finals can be played at Hampden between supposedly top flight clubs, with barley 15 thousand, then why not fill Hampden with 50 thousand Rangers supporters for the Petrofac cup final.

And, does anybody really think that Peterhead would give up the opportunity to play a cup final at Hampden, in front of 50 thousand, a 50/50 share of the gate and TV money!

Look forward to being there!

This. (tu)

I'm not convinced our fans would have enough interest in this nothing wee trophy to fill it.

Away shit in yer hat

1st part of our treble

What's not to like

A diddy cup we had 3 chances to win and didn't ?? I'm quite happy to win any competition we are in regardless what the taigs say/think/dribble/pish down their legs

Why should the Peterhead players be denied what is likely to be their only chance to play at Hampden? The club could do with the extra money as well.

They played there in the last round.....?

But I know what you mean mate

A cup final in the national stadium would be legendary for Peterhead

I think the Peterhead club and fans will be watering at the mouth to play at Hampden and I doubt they will have any arguments bringing as many as they can to a cup final in April next year.

I on the other hand I hate the ground and doubt very much whether I'd be bothering climbing that fucking mountain of single terracing if I was placed at the front. Sitting at the back is not much good either as you're so far away from the pitch that it's a waste of time and money.

TV for me, but it would be great to see as close to 50,000 there as possible.

That kind of crowd would also help King in finding outside sponsors for next season.

when is it?

Sunday April 10th

Rangers booked their place in the final of the Petrofac Training Cup with a 4-0 win over St Mirren at Ibrox on Saturday.

Mark Warburton's side will face Peterhead - who beat Queen's Park 2-1 at Hampden a fortnight ago - in the decider on Sunday April 10, 2016.

Jason Holt broke the deadlock 11 minutes before half-time and Kenny Miller got the second with 13 minutes remaining after Saints had earlier hit the crossbar.

Martyn Waghorn added the third goal and a Sean Kelly own goal completed the scoring.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/rangers-reach-petrofac-cup-final/

Sunday April 10th

Rangers booked their place in the final of the Petrofac Training Cup with a 4-0 win over St Mirren at Ibrox on Saturday.

Mark Warburton's side will face Peterhead - who beat Queen's Park 2-1 at Hampden a fortnight ago - in the decider on Sunday April 10, 2016.

Jason Holt broke the deadlock 11 minutes before half-time and Kenny Miller got the second with 13 minutes remaining after Saints had earlier hit the crossbar.

Martyn Waghorn added the third goal and a Sean Kelly own goal completed the scoring.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/rangers-reach-petrofac-cup-final/

Cheers

went to put it in outlook and it was already there !!! Confidence or what?

Means Dumbarton at home will be moved though

Pisses me off when some of our fans say they aren't bothered about winning it or it's a wee diddy cup.

Being able to be the only team in Scotland to win every trophy and league is something remarkable.

If we want to continue being Scotland's most successful team we can't have that shitty attitude. I want Rangers to win every single thing we enter/game we play - even the pre-season friendlies against European minnows no-ones ever heard of. If you don't then I question you as a supporter. Seriously.

Pisses me off when some of our fans say they aren't bothered about winning it or it's a wee diddy cup.

Being able to be the only team in Scotland to win every trophy and league is something remarkable.

If we want to continue being Scotland's most successful team we can't have that shitty attitude. I want Rangers to win every single thing we enter/game we play - even the pre-season friendlies against European minnows no-ones ever heard of. If you don't then I question you as a supporter. Seriously.

No it's not. It means one club have spent a period in the lower reaches, that is nothing to brag about.

No it's not. It means one club have spent a period in the lower reaches, that is nothing to brag about.

That's a fucking shite attitude. We are where we are - why not take some pride in cleaning up as we move back up? the fact is, if we win this cup and the league this season which we are strong favourites to do then we can be the only ones to have done it. Enough said.

That's a fucking shite attitude. We are where we are - why not take some pride in cleaning up as we move back up? the fact is, if we win this cup and the league this season which we are strong favourites to do then we can be the only ones to have done it. Enough said.

(tu)

We're in it to win it - that's RFC