Ramsdens Cup Final

ShanksRFC

Two guys from my bus, season ticket holders for over 30 years, go home and away everywhere never got a ticket for final in Manchester having missed only fiorentina away in the whole run but yet two wee fannies who bought half season tickets at Christmas did get tickets.

That is wrong. So 22k turned out and should get a ticket but after my experience for these guys the whole system stinks and loyalty doesn't come into it.

If can get 35/40k then why stop others going, even if they don't deserve it.

It's obviously shite that happened, but all they had to do was play the system and spend £10 or £12 to join the travel club and they were sorted.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obviously shite that happened, but all they had to do was play the system and spend £10 or £12 to join the travel club and they were sorted.

Was just about to say something similar to that mate, if you had indeed been to virtually every away game in Europe then not to have been in the travel club would be crazy as it would pretty much guarantee you a ticket

Was just about to say something similar to that mate, if you had indeed been to virtually every away game in Europe then not to have been in the travel club would be crazy as it would pretty much guarantee you a ticket

I was in the travel club and traveled to most games that season, me and my mates always traveled on our own or with flight options, simply because it was cheaper than the official Rangers flights and hotel package,the further we progressed in the tournament the less tickets were dished out to those traveling out with the official flights and official supporters busses, by the time Fiorentina

came a good few of us didn't get our tickets through the travel club, so yes I always joined the travel club and it certainly was worth it when on the way home from Fiorentina we received our text telling us we would all get tickets for the final, but I still wonder if the same would have applied if the final had been abroad and we wanted to travel under our own steam as usual.

I agree 100%, was daft on there part but the people who got tickets off the back of half season book was criminal.

Rangers should never have allowed it. No fairness at all.

Two guys from my bus, season ticket holders for over 30 years, go home and away everywhere never got a ticket for final in Manchester having missed only fiorentina away in the whole run but yet two wee fannies who bought half season tickets at Christmas did get tickets.

That is wrong. So 22k turned out and should get a ticket but after my experience for these guys the whole system stinks and loyalty doesn't come into it.

If can get 35/40k then why stop others going, even if they don't deserve it.

Is that actually true though? Can you join the cccs after Xmas?

Sort of typical of a bully - if someone back chats they call for help! :lol: sad wee git!

What's really funny ( if you cared to actually read the earlier posts) - was I was being sarcastic and basically agreeing with you but then being smart enough to actually interpret that is probably to challenging for you - maybe get one of your 'mates' to help you read properly would help.

So gay

What people are saying about Manchester is true. I went to every home Champions League & UEFA Cup game that season and Sporting Lisbon away but I was left ticket-less but two people who were relatives of someone I know got a ticket and they hadn't been to a game in years. I knew were I stood with certain people after that.

That's not the Rangers official system but that barely goes on loyalty either

It would make more sense to have it at Pittodrie if you ask me. We'll still pack it and love the journey and it'll give the Aberdeen fans a chance to watch Rangers again, we know how much they've been missing us

What people are saying about Manchester is true. I went to every home Champions League & UEFA Cup game that season and Sporting Lisbon away but I was left ticket-less but two people who were relatives of someone I know got a ticket and they hadn't been to a game in years. I knew were I stood with certain people after that.

That's not the Rangers official system but that barely goes on loyalty either

Of course but what I'm saying is I'm not sure you could join the cccs with a half season ticket

Ffs I even spotted a tarrier walking out at full time but because he worked in Murrays call centre he was entitled to 2 tickets

I was lucky I wasn't in the travel club that year even though I went to all 60 plus games from Zeta away to Fiorentina away but a mate from Bristol got one in the cccs and gave it to me

I'm sorry for the folks who did not get a ticket for Manchester despite being staunch loyal supporters. I can see that they think it's unfair that those 'less worthy' got tickets.

Despite not having a ST that year I got a ticket via corporate connections, just a ticket no grub, and was happy to get it. I was on a supporters' bus for years and have had ST's at times when I was able to go every fortnight. I was also at the Barcelona game in '72.

I'm also a shareholder in the club.

My point is : People can be serious Rangers Fans without going to every game home and away. We should not consider them as some inferior species because they don't dedicate all their time to following the team.

Feel free to flame this post but I won't read any such replies.

Hampden, let's fill it and reminded the world of who we are

have to disagree with you bud. This is a non-entity of a tournament and should be treated as such.

The only things we should be aiming for, this season, is winning the league, the league cup or the Scottish Cup.

Nothing baubles, manufactured for nothing clubs, should never be in our sight.

We win it, we walk off, we stick it in the trophy cabinet. It is not something we should in any way celebrate.

have to disagree with you bud. This is a non-entity of a tournament and should be treated as such.

The only things we should be aiming for, this season, is winning the league, the league cup or the Scottish Cup.

We win it, we walk off, we stick it in the trophy cabinet. It is not something we should in any way celebrate.

A trophy is a trophy, we have never won it before so I am all for winning it and it doesn't matter how 'inferior' the trophy is, finals are played at Hampden and if we are in that final then I want is to win it and celebrate winning it.

Oh we can't win the league cup, St Johnstone put us out mate.

I'm sure the manager and many of the players will be quite happy to celebrate the first professional trophy of their careers no matter how much of a diddy trophy people call it.

I hate Hampden, and dont really want to go there. But at the end of the day thats the national stadium and thats where finals should be played.

If you ask me this should have been decided before the competition started. If a club in the final cant afford to come from Peterhead to Hampden and want the game moved then whats the bloody point in even having competitions if clubs are too wee to even get to the stadium. Its yet another embarassment to Scottish Football imo.

If they want to move it to shittodrie I say we tell them to stuff it, the Peterhead end will be filled with taigs anyway as they dont even have 600 fans.

And the allocations should be based on previous attendance, not the folk who decided to buy a half ST because we're playing well etc. The fans who went yesterday and stood in the cold and the ones who have been there for the tuesday night games should get the first choice of a ticket. But sadly the same thing will happen as always happens, many Bears who go to every game will miss out while others who only bother their arses when its a final will get tickets.

I'm sorry for the folks who did not get a ticket for Manchester despite being staunch loyal supporters. I can see that they think it's unfair that those 'less worthy' got tickets.

Despite not having a ST that year I got a ticket via corporate connections, just a ticket no grub, and was happy to get it. I was on a supporters' bus for years and have had ST's at times when I was able to go every fortnight. I was also at the Barcelona game in '72.

I'm also a shareholder in the club.

My point is : People can be serious Rangers Fans without going to every game home and away. We should not consider them as some inferior species because they don't dedicate all their time to following the team.

Feel free to flame this post but I won't read any such replies.

Manchester and Barcelona? respect!

Well we need to agree to disagree, we should aim to win everything we compete in and it should be celebrated. Like we celebrated when we won the 4th and 3rd tier