*** Christmas Presents For Erskine Veterans.

govanblue

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM me GB, I'm happy to donate the money for the six pieces of clothing, or anything else that could be bought for them. Maybe for a couple of them to do the tour if that isn't too much? I'd cover the transport cost if needs be.

Cheers Ben. (tu)

Great idea to buy a couple of Stadium Tours - but happily, they're not needed. :P

RCF give us free stadium tour tickets for Erskine. We'll be setting some up for them in the New Year. (tu)

So the plan now is to spend a fair chunk of the money on some non-Rangers gifts. Some whisky, chocolates, biscuits, etc. So your donation is most welcome. (tu)

Cheers Ben. (tu)

Great idea to buy a couple of Stadium Tours - but happily, they're not needed. :P

RCF give us free stadium tour tickets for Erskine. We'll be setting some up for them in the New Year. (tu)

So the plan now is to spend a fair chunk of the money on some non-Rangers gifts. Some whisky, chocolates, biscuits, etc. So your donation is most welcome. (tu)

Great to hear.

Send me over the link to the Paypal and I'll fire across my donation. (tu)

Cheers Ben. (tu)

Scrap that, said donation has been sent to the Paypal fund. Pass on my wishes to them all. (tu)

Scrap that, said donation has been sent to the Paypal fund. Pass on my wishes to them all. (tu)

doh You're as bad as Bobby Hume!!

Donations for this one are not via the RM Paypal.

If you weren't giving us such a generous donation, I'd give you a bollocking! :P

I'll PM you and we'll sort it out. (tu)

Sorry for the delay but I was away for the weekend and the wi-fi wouldn't let me access RM; something about protecting children. I think they must have us mixed up with kerryfaul street. Anyway, it has taken me up to now to catch up so PM me the details and I will send my donation - as long as you do not buy a certain book being discussed on another thread.

Sorry for the delay but I was away for the weekend and the wi-fi wouldn't let me access RM; something about protecting children. I think they must have us mixed up with kerryfaul street. Anyway, it has taken me up to now to catch up so PM me the details and I will send my donation - as long as you do not buy a certain book being discussed on another thread.

Cheers mate. (tu)

I'll make sure Santa gets your instructions. :D

I've just bought another 3 of those padded jackets. Cost £75

We underestimated the sizes for the purchase, and we ended up still needing two larger jackets for Erskine Park.

So I got them tonight, and while I was there, I got one in XXL which will be a nice surprise Christmas Present for one particular Erskine Resident.

That will leave us with 2 spare jackets (new with tags). They say Large, but I'd say they were closer to Medium. So probably more suitable for a young teenager, or my wee pal Joe.

I know one young teenager who might appreciate it, but Santa tells me he's been a naughty boy recently, so we'll hold on to it for now, till we see if he gets himself back onto Santa's good books in time for the Boxing Day game. ;)

The other one is for sale for £20 if anyone wants it. (tu)

04058_8e37032b-35e8-4c74-98b1-5f35fc63f0

Here's the Erskine Christmas Gift Catalogue...

http://cloud.3dissue.com/10550/11450/17748/ErskineChristmas2015/index.html

Some cracking stocking fillers in there - and very reasonably priced, for a charity. (tu)

That dog frisbee at £3 looks great fun. :animal:

Order online here...

http://shop.erskine.org.uk

That's me posted 4 cheques out to Erskine....

Ersk_Xmas_Chqs_zpsgwbikgy4.jpg

Total: £800

Along with our usual instructions that this money must be spent on enhancements to their Christmas Dinner/Celebrations

Last year, our cheques did quite a bit...

Erskine Edinburgh: "After chatting with the residents they have chosen, rather than champagne, to have a single malt for the whisky fans and some fancy red wine for the wine drinkers. This is great as we usually can’t afford the good stuff so they’re now really looking forward to enjoying those on the day for their Christmas shindig. We’ve also been able to pay for our entertainer to perform for an extra hour which is great as he’s a favourite with the residents and so now we can have a packed afternoon of great music, fine wines and single malt!

Thank you very much for this generous gift which means that all of our residents are excited about celebrations and in good spirits."

"The Erskine Bishopton Home advised me that the money paid for some extra entertainment, some expensive crackers and some good whisky for all to enjoy."

"Here at Erskine Park we invested in a good quality Santa suit which meant our residents not only had a visit from Santa at our Christmas party but also a visit from Santa on Christmas Day. We borrowed a Santa suit in the past so thank you for ensuring that Santa is always available for gigs at Erskine park in the future. We also bought good quality whisky and decent crackers. Will let you know how Mains and Glasgow spent their donation when they get back to me.

Please thank your guys at RangersMedia for ensuring that our residents once again enjoyed an extra special Christmas."

Erskine Mains: Once again a Big Thank you to RangersMedia for the very generous donation towards our festive Season at Erskine Mains.

You Enabled us to purchase a New Christmas Tree (the old one was looking a bit tired) our new Tree is Fab and was used for our Tree of Honour Ceremony and our official Switching on of our Christmas lights.

Added to this we were able to purchase more refreshments ( Drinks & Food) for both Christmas & New Year Parties.

Many Thanks and all the best for 2015 to all at RangersMedia

From Erskine Mains

And this year, there's a bit more money, so hopefully they'll get even more out of it.

Bishopton get a larger amount, because they're a larger Home - and Edinburgh get a small amount too, because it's Christmas, and because we suspect there are probably a few Bears Lurking within their walls too. ;)

ps - This money is not from the current Erskine Christmas Presents Fundraiser - this is money already pledged from the November Fundraiser. (tu)