Why Do Most Rangers Minded Fans Disagree With Rm

chinaman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP has a negative rep btw, for anyone who can't see it.

Anyone who still has a negative rep on here is as good as a paedophile.

He was 20 when he had his first communion and they made him wear a wee white dress to it

lets debate it

im pretty certain there wont be any debate but crack on

bring it

I dont think you will find the debate you are looking for. Let's face it, it's an argument you want. However I will offer a response

The mistake you seem to make is that RM is a single minded entity. I have only ever spent time on here and briefly on Gersnet so can't comment what other sites are like but RM is not a single minded entity.

Here people are given a lot of freedom to say what they want to say. The Rangers support is a broad church and cuts across a massive swathe of society so it is inevitable that we get all sorts in our support.

Now. Assuming other forums are less tolerant of opinions that differ from the single minded approach of their moderators then people who voice their differing opinions will soon be ostracised and either banned or leave of their own volition.

They will soon end up here where they can speak more freely. But then because they have been marginalised from other forums, those other forums will resent that they have found somewhere to express themselves.

There is no party line here. There is much argument and not a small amount of abuse hurled around and because of the free nature it is inevitable too that there will be timfestations from time to time. But the majority are good Rangers supporters some of whom can often have some unique views

I joined here back in 2006. It has grown and grown due to the moderation and tolerance that allows all Rangers fans to express their views. It can be fucking annoying at times but why get annoyed about what some people are saying on an Internet forum? The great thing about the Internet is it is free for each of us to chose what we want to do.

If You feel this is not the place for you then move on somewhere else. But if you don't like freedom of expression and you think that this makes a place out of step with your fellow fans then perhaps you should try moving somewhere more controlled. Like Iran or North Korea. Or Follow Follow.

I'll not set myself up for a shit storm by going into too many details but in my honest opinion the topic statement is bang on.I genuinely believe a lot of the collective opinions on RM are not shared by most if not all the bears I know (and believe it or not there are many ).While there are many diverse opinions on a lot of Rangers subjects, when it comes to Houston,king boycotts ,Brown and Murray for eg I've found the vast majority of bears I've encountered have polar opposite views of RM.Must be admitted that any Forum has members who strive for a party line and also there's the fear factor of going against it which can't be a healthy thing.Houstons situation is a typical example as I've rarely heard a word said against him yet if you mention his name on here it's like a red rag to a bull and you'd better get your tin hat on,and as a three year member on here mines is never far away . Honestly this post is not meant to agitate but just couldn't count the amount of times I've quoted a view which seems to be shared by many on RM only to be told "that's a lot of shite " Don't shoot the messenger.Tin hat fixed.

I'll not set myself up for a shit storm by going into too many details but in my honest opinion the topic statement is bang on.I genuinely believe a lot of the collective opinions on RM are not shared by most if not all the bears I know (and believe it or not there are many ).While there are many diverse opinions on a lot of Rangers subjects, when it comes to Houston,king boycotts ,Brown and Murray for eg I've found the vast majority of bears I've encountered have polar opposite views of RM.Must be admitted that any Forum has members who strive for a party line and also there's the fear factor of going against it which can't be a healthy thing.Houstons situation is a typical example as I've rarely heard a word said against him yet if you mention his name on here it's like a red rag to a bull and you'd better get your tin hat on,and as a three year member on here mines is never far away . Honestly this post is not meant to agitate but just couldn't count the amount of times I've quoted a view which seems to be shared by many on RM only to be told "that's a lot of shite " Don't shoot the messenger.Tin hat fixed.

I think a lot of it is human nature i.e surrounding yourself (even subconsciously) with people you relate to most.

I can say the opposite of yourself truthfully, with hand on heart, that the vast majority of Rangers fans I know have no time for your SOS/RST/boycott's/Dingwall/Craig Houston etc.

But then again, as I said at the start, I wouldn't hang around with people who bored the tits off me with the stuff I mentioned above - so it's all down to the individual really.

RM like all forums has its supporters and detractors.

But to make a statement as the OP has done, most Rangers minded fans disagree with RM, is clearly looking for an argument.

The statement infers that the OP is in contact with a higher percentage of Rangers fans than those that are members on here. Even if there was consensus on any subject on here, which there never is, how can the OP speak for the other 4,000,000 Worldwide.

How was your poll conducted.

How was the question framed.

What numbers of fans were surveyed.

I for one was never asked.

RM like all forums has its supporters and detractors.

But to make a statement as the OP has done, most Rangers minded fans disagree with RM, is clearly looking for an argument.

The statement infers that the OP is in contact with a higher percentage of Rangers fans than those that are members on here. Even if there was consensus on any subject on here, which there never is, how can the OP speak for the other 4,000,000 Worldwide.

How was your poll conducted.

How was the question framed.

What numbers of fans were surveyed.

I for one was never asked.

If forums only dealt in facts they'd be pretty dull,I'm pretty sure the op was only offering his opinion on how people view RM and it's an opinion I share.

There are not many moderate fan, like myself, on here. There are a good few, vociferous posters, who try to dominate the debate on here and oft, due to the volume of posts they make, on every subject, make those views look like a RM position - but it's not really.

There are not many moderate fan, like myself, on here. There are a good few, vociferous posters, who try to dominate the debate on here and oft, due to the volume of posts they make, on every subject, make those views look like a RM position - but it's not really.

I'm really glad that no matter what people's views are and the way the fans are split on the likes of King, RST and SOS - there's no cunt I've ever met that's like you

A couple of you in the comfort of your little online bubble but that's it - thank fuck

I think this pretty much sums it up. We're subjected to a very vocal minority on here that just abuse any Rangers fan that is supportive of the current regime. They're incredibly tedious to listen to and will spout patently absurd nonsense just so that they can avoid giving the new board any credit.

It's sad that Rangers fans (if they are indeed fellow fans, as I genuinely know no bear in real life that shares their views) have become brainwashed into thinking that the likes of Ashley, Somers, Green and others have been anything other than a terrible influence on our club. Instead, they attack our present board for actually trying to inform the fans of dodgy dealings and onerous contracts, blaming them for going toe to toe with Ashley.

They're beyond a parody, and I genuinely couldn't imagine any normal bear giving them more than a minute of their time in real life. Their negative, unreasonable views surely means that they have no genuine friends. The forum seems to be the only place they can force their views on others with likeminded individuals. It's little wonder really that they have the time to rack up thousands of posts on here because no-one in the real world would listen to them.

I think this pretty much sums it up. We're subjected to a very vocal minority on here that just abuse any Rangers fan that is supportive of the current regime. They're incredibly tedious to listen to and will spout patently absurd nonsense just so that they can avoid giving the new board any credit.

It's sad that Rangers fans (if they are indeed fellow fans) have become brainwashed into thinking that the likes of Ashley, Somers, Green and others have been anything other than a terrible influence on our club. Instead, they attack our present board for actually trying to inform the fans of dodgy dealings and onerous contracts, blaming them for going toe to toe with Ashley.

They're beyond a parody, and I genuinely couldn't imagine any normal bear giving them more than a minute of their time in real life. Their negative, unreasonable views surely means that they have no genuine friends. The forum seems to be the only place they can force their views on others with likeminded individuals. It's little wonder really that they have the time to rack up thousands of posts on here because no-one in the real world would listen to them.

I've gotta be honest I've not seen one person defend those guys

People seem to think legitimate concerns about King and Murray equate to being pro Ashley - that's mental

It's sad that Rangers fans (if they are indeed fellow fans, as I genuinely know no bear in real life that shares their views) have become brainwashed into thinking that the likes of Ashley, Somers, Green and others have been anything other than a terrible influence on our club. Instead, they attack our present board for actually trying to inform the fans of dodgy dealings and onerous contracts, blaming them for going toe to toe with Ashley.

Spot on m8

I've gotta be honest I've not seen one person defend those guys

People seem to think legitimate concerns about King and Murray equate to being pro Ashley - that's mental

You'd not need to go too far back to find RM members who did back these guys over the present regime.