**** Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ****

You don't think there is a chance that Hibs could be above us by then

I certainly do

We are running out of ideas and teams have us sussed out

Falkirk away will be hard and Hibs have QOTS at home then we go head to head

I think there is every chance Hibs will be above us after that game

January transfer window can't come soon enough

We are better away from home as Falkirk will come at us and we'll hit them on the counter with our pace so I fancy us to win. The Hivs game will take care of itself but I back us against anyone with a sell out crowd behind us cheering us on. So do I think Hivs will be top of the league at new year that'll be a NO!

I wouldn't be sad to see him 'rested' for the next game.

I can remember him at Wednesday on loan and he liked to be further up the field and i dont know if Wednesday asked him to play that high but Newcastle recalled him or did Wednesday send him back for not playing as instructed and stay back

I think if we played against an open team, we have enough to take advantage of it.

When you play teams like morton and livingston, it's 10 men behind the ball so the forwards can't break them down, and our defence is terrible so they hit us on the break.

If we played a team who didn't set up like that, I think we'd concede goals, but we'd score more than we concede.

Yes but the flip side is if a team attacks us and we need to defend relatively deep then that may nullify our wing backs attacking which is a huge part of our game.

Defence needs sorted out and a clinical striker

I can remember him at Wednesday on loan and he liked to be further up the field and i dont know if Wednesday asked him to play that high but Newcastle recalled him or did Wednesday send him back for not playing as instructed and stay back

It's frustrating when our defence is as temperamental as it is, without having one of your defenders fucking off up the park.

I think he's a good player, and don't want to overreact to a few bad performances, but he's either a confidence player which is not what we need, or he's tired, and could do with a rest.

People need to calm down. Sloppy performance but we'll bounce back without a doubt. Sure there will be a couple of additions in January!

I think your second point is probably correct. But on bouncing back, I don't think we actually have done since we got schooled by St Johnstone.

A couple of decent performances, but nothing compared to our displays prior to them.

Biggest issue is our lack of intensity, shouldn't take going a goal down to light a rocket up some arses. Our style of play only works if you move the ball about quickly which we are not doing. We are making it far too easy on teams to defend with numbers by playing at this pedestrian pace lately. With the amount of possession we are getting these teams should be dead on their feet after 60 minutes but they aren't because we aren't making them work hard enough.

Individually Tavernier should have been dropped for the Dumbarton game to try and get him motivated. He has easily been our worst performer over the last 6 weeks or so and with Falkirk and Hibs coming up it would be a massive gamble to do it then. Clark is invisible every time he plays, I just don't understand why he gets a game. Keep Miller as a substitute and Hardie for games that are already won.

We really have missed Law but no doubt MW will stick to starting Zelalem and we will continue to play at this pedestrian pace.

We need to stop pushing 8 men forward against teams who are sitting back, waiting for us to slip up. We are running into brick walls and being fucked on the counter. A better team would have had us buried by half time. We need to sit back and try to counter attack with pace, play a bit smarter than the endless passing around the box until we make a dreadful mistake. No wonder Wilson, Kiernan and Ball are slipping up when they have to carry out the role of center half, full back and defensive midfielder! Teams have sussed out that all they have to do is leave 9 men behind the ball and then launch forward on the counter and outnumber our defence with 3 men. I think it is perfectly reasonable to be a "panic merchant" at this point of the season. At the start of last season people would slaughter you for suggesting we weren't going to go up with Ally's dreadful melting shitpot of a team. Don't think the season is done and dusted, we have to change before the Falkirk and Hibs games or we run the very real risk of dropping 6 points and permanently damaging every cunt's heart chambers for the rest of the year. Warburton's blind adherence to his own footballing philosophy clearly isn't working. We need to change and fast. This team is going downhill and these types of performances wouldn't be out of place in the team a year or two ago.

No way should we be drawing at home against Morton. We got a way with it today thanks to the Hib's result, but the manager has to find a way to breakdown the opposition defences. The lack of competition for certain positions is really starting to show especially in the case of Tavernier in recent weeks he really needs to be given the hair dryer treatment by Warbaton as I don't see him being dropped against either Falkirk or Hib's. Make no mistake we can't afford to have any slipups in these games.

No way should we be drawing at home against Morton. We got a way with it today thanks to the Hib's result, but the manager has to find a way to breakdown the opposition defences. The lack of competition for certain positions is really starting to show especially in the case of Tavernier in recent weeks he really needs to be given the hair dryer treatment by Warbaton as I don't see him being dropped against either Falkirk or Hib's. Make no mistake we can't afford to have any slipups in these games.

Tavernier was hardly that bad, he set up the first goal and was constantly looking to get involved and make runs down the wing.

People are talking as though he's just thought "fuck it, I can't be arsed anymore"