***the Official Falkirk V Rangers Thread***

Frank Reynolds

You can't even string a proper sentence together. Shall I blame your school? Is that the game we have to play on here?

The word is hear.

To politely answer you, invite applicants. I can't help but feel we went for MW because Weir was with him, had he been on his own he would have been nowhere near Ibrox. Invite applicants and see the calibre of man interested.

Warburton is turning into a disaster. Yes it's better than last year but then anything would have been. He is a managerial novice and I believe out of his depth at a club which demands success. In the short and long term. It won't work. Mark my words.

I find the outpouring of adulation for abject mediocrity wholly un-Rangers-like. I am extremely uncomfortable with it in fact.

Abuse me, criticise me, slag me, do whatever makes you feel bigger or better but I am certain i will be correct in the end. That is my opinion. We are fast becoming a laughing stock and a target for Scottish football again. Utter shite fancying their chances against us, again. We've been here before.

. Get the diagonal long balls back and a fast striker for the flick ons, that's what I say. Who cares if we go back to winning ugly as winning is all that matters in modern day football right? We want success yesterday and this building for future malarkey is no good.

At least we'd have our own style then as even big Sam attempts football now

I wouldn't call unintentionally misspelling one word being 'unable to string a proper sentence together' - hardly a strong counterargument.

So we draw or lose on Saturday, we have 9 days in which to advertise, shortlist, interview for and appoint a manager before one of the most important games of the season. Not to mention we need that manager to train the squad, get himself settled etc.

Or do we have a caretaker in the meantime, and who is that?

We have dropped 7 points out of 48, how does that equate to MW turning into a disaster?

I don't need to abuse, criticise or slag you personally, but your arguments are weak, full of holes, and are open to criticism.

You are a filthy rabid bastard.

I have read some absolute garbage in my time here, but this stuff from A Gallant Pioneer is really taking the biscuit.

Yet there is no argument to it just the usual dismissive abuse. The blind faith being put in a manager with only 100 games to his name is ridiculous. He's won nothing, he's done nothing, he's been tactically outdone by absolute dumplins, 3 tarriers no less, within our league and suffered complete humiliation against St Johnstone, and that is no longer a one off. 4 months of poor performances and numerous points dropped even at this level despite having so much of a financial and resourceful advantage over opponents. Then the obvious issues within team selection which are excruciatingly annoying. It's only an opinion, what i think i see. If i am wrong, i am wrong. No big deal. It won't be the first time and won't be the last. But please, respect my right to have a differing opinion to what is most likely the majority atm.

Yet there is no argument to it just the usual dismissive abuse. The blind faith being put in a manager with only 100 games to his name is ridiculous. He's won nothing, he's done nothing, he's been tactically outdone by absolute dumplins, 3 tarriers no less, within our league and suffered complete humiliation against St Johnstone, and that is no longer a one off. 4 months of poor performances and numerous points dropped even at this level despite having so much of a financial and resourceful advantage over opponents. Then the obvious issues within team selection which are excruciatingly annoying. It's only an opinion, what i think i see. If i am wrong, i am wrong. No big deal. It won't be the first time and won't be the last. But please, respect my right to have a differing opinion to what is most likely the majority atm.

Comments are a wee bit over the top but you are correct to be wary.

He doesn't seem to know how to play any other way and the thought of him playing against European sides is scary , but its still early days and we are a helluva lot better than the last three years.

I don't disagree with a lot of that there - it's true even if it's not popular but some of your other comments and tone is a bit ott IMO

We are progressing

Blind faith is a ridiculus phrase to use when what Mark Warburton has done and is doing at Rangers is very clear to see for everyone.

Defensive naievty cost us dearly against St Johnstone.

Lack of a clinical finish cost us against Hibs away.

A poor permormance cost us against Livi away.

And two defensive mistakes cost us against greenock.

Now only one of those games would I point the finger in the direction of Mark Warburton and that would be St Johnstone, but even then the players still have to do their job on the park and they didn't do that.

Mark Warburton's job is to get them ready for match day amd he does that, brilliantly well. It is up to the players to make the game plan work. In all but 4 games this season it has worked well.

Your lack of patience for a project to develop is completley your choice and having an opinion is a wonderful thing, I just don't think you're looking at things objectively.

playing the violin like a meastro. Is anybody actually taken in by this guy? its a great cover and the appeal to "respect my opinion" is a great move - hats off - but this is as transparent as it gets.

He's 100% not a tim.

well he is doing his best to look like one.

I dont know anyone of that opinion of the management team that he has. No manager is beyond criticism - but as I said previously where we were in May and where we are now is night and day. The "spending power" argument is nonsense; he had 1 transfer window to build an entire team; we are top of the league playing a style of football thats a revelation from the last few years and there is simply no justification for saying if we get beat in the next game he should be sacked.

The quality of the argument and the way its put forward are so slanted, that I really cant think anything else.

Oh and thats not blind faith - those are facts.

Blind faith is a ridiculus phrase to use when what Mark Warburton has done and is doing at Rangers is very clear to see for everyone.

Defensive naievty cost us dearly against St Johnstone.

Lack of a clinical finish cost us against Hibs away.

A poor permormance cost us against Livi away.

And two defensive mistakes cost us against greenock.

Now only one of those games would I point the finger in the direction of Mark Warburton and that would be St Johnstone, but even then the players still have to do their job on the park and they didn't do that.

Mark Warburton's job is to get them ready for match day amd he does that, brilliantly well. It is up to the players to make the game plan work. In all but 4 games this season it has worked well.

Your lack of patience for a project to develop is completley your choice and having an opinion is a wonderful thing, I just don't think you're looking at things objectively.

I believe i am. You are listing excuses and forget to mention the games where we scraped wins after unacceptable performances. Dropping points and cup exits are not the sole issues. The refusal to fix obvious mistakes and or failings within the team are every bit as important. The poor run of performances needs stopped. Fans need to see that something is being done.

You say it's the managers job to set the team up for each game and he is doing it brilliantly. That is obviously not the case. We haven't played "well" for 4 months now and have dropped more points in the last month or 2 than our 3 nearest rivals. It's the coaching teams job to identify why we failed against St Johnstone and fix it, we didn't do that, it was also the coaching staffs job to fix the issues they saw in the Livingston game where players themselves came out and stated the performance was unacceptable. They didn't do that. We have been in a lull for months now and nothing is being done to fix it. None of the favourites get dropped, none of our kids bar one get a decent chance, there is no plan B and these players are really struggling to do plan A better. What do we do, just throw more money at the the manager in the hope he can buy enough quality to make his stubbornness and arrogance work? What then if it doesn't?

well he is doing his best to look like one.

I dont know anyone of that opinion of the management team that he has. No manager is beyond criticism - but as I said previously where we were in May and where we are now is night and day. The "spending power" argument is nonsense; he had 1 transfer window to build an entire team; we are top of the league playing a style of football thats a revelation from the last few years and there is simply no justification for saying if we get beat in the next game he should be sacked.

The quality of the argument and the way its put forward are so slanted, that I really cant think anything else.

Oh and thats not blind faith - those are facts.

That is ridiculous. I look like a tim because i expect more and better for Rangers? There has been plenty criticism and numerous dissenting voices, on all social media platforms, i doubt anyone is against the manager, we all want him to work, we all want this project to work but questions should absolutely be asked when fans believe something isn't right or isn't working. Ally tried his best to turn us into a provincial club, let's not let the new guy do the same. He didn't have to build an entire team, we had a squad, regardless of what you or anyone thought about it, which was still the strongest in the league, a full youth set up with some of the countries best young kids and still he chose to add 11 new guys to that group. He binned our player of the year and replaced him with a guy who couldn't pass wind, who walked away from us once before and showed nothing at his previous club that he had developed since leaving us or that he was even good enough for us. He has chosen not give any of our own players bar one a chance in favour of allowing kids from other teams a chance. To our detriment it has to be said.

Your opinion isn't facts.

He's done nothing? He just so happened to transform the way we play, bring in eye catching players to play the game the modern way, brung in a fantastic scout and has already given academy players a chance, hes in a cup final and top of the league, can't ask for anything more at this stage.

Hes been outdone twice this season. Once against St johnstone when he had assembled a team 5 weeks before hand and hardly outdone against Hibs as we played them off the park it was just one of those days. Weve dropped 7 points out of something like 48, hardly a crisis considering where we were last season.

Do we have that much of a resourceful advantage over Hibs? We spent about 600k in the summer, they spent about 500k and recouped 300k.

What are the issues with the team selection? Run out of absolute rubbish to type?

I believe i am. You are listing excuses and forget to mention the games where we scraped wins after unacceptable performances. Dropping points and cup exits are not the sole issues. The refusal to fix obvious mistakes and or failings within the team are every bit as important. The poor run of performances needs stopped. Fans need to see that something is being done.

You say it's the managers job to set the team up for each game and he is doing it brilliantly. That is obviously not the case. We haven't played "well" for 4 months now and have dropped more points in the last month or 2 than our 3 nearest rivals. It's the coaching teams job to identify why we failed against St Johnstone and fix it, we didn't do that, it was also the coaching staffs job to fix the issues they saw in the Livingston game where players themselves came out and stated the performance was unacceptable. They didn't do that. We have been in a lull for months now and nothing is being done to fix it. None of the favourites get dropped, none of our kids bar one get a decent chance, there is no plan B and these players are really struggling to do plan A better. What do we do, just throw more money at the the manager in the hope he can buy enough quality to make his stubbornness and arrogance work? What then if it doesn't?

That is ridiculous. I look like a tim because i expect more and better for Rangers? There has been plenty criticism and numerous dissenting voices, on all social media platforms, i doubt anyone is against the manager, we all want him to work, we all want this project to work but questions should absolutely be asked when fans believe something isn't right or isn't working. Ally tried his best to turn us into a provincial club, let's not let the new guy do the same. He didn't have to build an entire team, we had a squad, regardless of what you or anyone thought about it, which was still the strongest in the league, a full youth set up with some of the countries best young kids and still he chose to add 11 new guys to that group. He binned our player of the year and replaced him with a guy who couldn't pass wind, who walked away from us once before and showed nothing at his previous club that he had developed since leaving us or that he was even good enough for us. He has chosen not give any of our own players bar one a chance in favour of allowing kids from other teams a chance. To our detriment it has to be said.

Your opinion isn't facts.

fact - we are top of the league - I said that in my post

fact - MW has had one transfer window - I said that in my post

fact - the difference from May is night and day - now that may be subjective - but people must indeed be blind if they cant see it

He had an entire team? a full youth setup? the counties best kids? seriously? and you are pining for Darren Mcgregor after seeing Tav in full flight?

You look like a tim because your agruments hold no substance at all and are based on half truths to suit your stance. You want him sacked if he looses this game - thats way beyond the "criticism and dissention" you hold so dear - its beyond parody in fact. Your a total joke.

It is completely absurd to be doubting MW after only 6 months, when he is in the process of implementing what people have been calling for over the last few years.

MW doesn't win the next game he should go? :lol: Why are people even entertaining someone with that opinion. :rolleyes:

If we take our chances we will win, as we make enough of them, if not we will put pressure on what is a very poor defence.

tactically Warburton has to find a balance on when and when not to push everyone forward.

I still think we are in good shape but need a few tweaks.

It is completely absurd to be doubting MW after only 6 months, when he is in the process of implementing what people have been calling for over the last few years.

MW doesn't win the next game he should go? :lol: Why are people even entertaining someone with that opinion. :rolleyes:

I didn't realise that critiquing someone's argument about firing MW if he loses on Saturday makes me a 'filthy rabid bastard' :lol:

I can't take any of these criticisms seriously. Some of A Gallant Pioneers ''arguments'' are fucking hilarious. Rant ahead

We've been off the boil for a spell, but we are still controlling games comfortably, and thoroughly deserving of a win in every single one. We have nothing to complain about. You can't doubt the commitment we're showing, the industry, the level of play is at it's highest in years.

Outrageous that some people are doubting our direction, some are even suggesting we should scrap a formation that's won us almost every game and controlled every game. You'll never see a top team change the way they play. The day Barca or Bayern start to go long, cut out the midfield and look to get flick ons and knocks downs is the day I'll no longer be arsed watching football. We're shaping up very similar to them, albeit with a much lesser quality of player.

We've got a very good outfit IMO, it's fucking great to watch. The only tweak IMO is a slight change to our shooting outside the box. I think we need to test the keeper from range, as good as any team is, if the opposition sets out to stifle play and slow the game down it's harder to get in behind them and score perfect goals.

Finally we've got a professional management team, finally got good honest pros working hard, playing in a system and enjoying their football and it's showing, we'd romp this league if it wasn't for a very good Hibs outfit. They're very well drilled and showing consistency, a thing Hibs teams have never shown before this side of the fucking 1950's.

We'll go to Falkrik, they'll battle like fuck hoping to nick something on the counter, we'll have all the play, all the ball, all the game and hopefully, one of our many attacks results in a goal or two. The same as pretty much every single game since the middle of August. Or if you prefer, we can get mccoist back and go 4-4-2, with a CM at LM, a bombscare of a centre half, a keeper who genuinely couldn't catch a ball, a RB that's incapable of getting forward, a CF who offers nothing to the team, a CM who thinks he's hard but couldn't tackle his dinner and long balls galore from the master tactician himself.

Didn't think so

We all know that we're much better than last year - have better players, a better manager, better style of play and are in a league position we wish we were in last season. Anyone saying any different is at it. However, that doesn't mean there can't be criticism when it's warranted.

Our current play and form isn't as good as earlier in the season. Dips will always happen, but when they do it's ok to criticise - I'm sure Warburton is critical behind closed doors - I certainly hope he is. Our current form in the league isn't good - 2 wins in 5. To win the league our current form needs to improve - I'm sure it will, though.

We can say if we took our chances we would have won more games. Fair point, but there hasn't been a team yet that hasn't had their chances against us - it cuts both ways.

IMO Warburton is the man to take us to 55, and hopefully far beyond, but it's not enough just to be better than McCoist.