Nicky Law Did More In 20 Minutes Than Zelalem Has All Season

Wawrinka

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get one thing clear, Nicky Law last season, pish. The invisible man.

Nicky Law under Warburton has been excellent, but then again he was played in his correct position from the start.

Do I forgive him for last season? No.

But him Holt and Halliday are our best midfield, with Sheils coming off the bench for one of them.

I don't even think Law was that bad last season.

Everybody criticises the stuff he didn't do defensively but he was one of the few players who actually contributed going forward. 13 goals and 9 assists was a good return for a midfielder.

People seem to have forgiven and forgotten about Wallace's bad performances from last season but Law's are brought up all the time.

I hope he starts against Hibs because we look a far more balanced team when he's in there.

I agree to a certain point regarding Wallace, however he was never nowhere near as bad as half of that team last season, plus everyone remembers what Wallace is capable of as Premier league player.

Zelalem's problem is he has a football brain, to say he hides is total rubbish. he passes the ball and moves to receive a return ball which never comes, players too greedy trying to score impossible goals. Law runs about like a headless chicken ,Miller as well,. getting in the road of players in their own positions, Zelalem will be playing for Arsenal in a couple of years time against the top teams in Europe, where will Law Miller etc be? All great teams are built from the back, like a triangle, we are like an upside down triangle! this is why teams like Morton and livvie can compete,

Nicky Law has been a much better player under the new manager, like him or not Law has goals in his game no one can deny him that.

Zelalem for me has been a massive disappointment and he provides zero goal threat in his game. This game is vital to Rangers and i hope its not a case of it being a sell out and live on TV and the manager plays Zel and leaves Law on the bench just please Arsenal. With Zel its concerning me that its about Arsenal more than Rangers, this is now the heat of the battle and we have no room for passengers.

Law must start on Monday .

He's a more forceful player and never disappointed on the few occasions MW has played him.

I've not got a problem with Zel , he keeps possession well and his quick one touch passes speed our play up though I agree his weakness is missing that killer pass. However Monday's game is going to be a battle , and maybe a place on the bench to come on later once the ferocity has died down , may suit him best.

Zelalem's problem is he has a football brain, to say he hides is total rubbish. he passes the ball and moves to receive a return ball which never comes, players too greedy trying to score impossible goals. Law runs about like a headless chicken ,Miller as well,. getting in the road of players in their own positions, Zelalem will be playing for Arsenal in a couple of years time against the top teams in Europe, where will Law Miller etc be? All great teams are built from the back, like a triangle, we are like an upside down triangle! this is why teams like Morton and livvie can compete,

No evidence of a football brain at all.

Anybody can shuffle it side to side.

Think Lewis Macleod if you want football brain.

Nearest we have is Jason Holt, but he's far from the finished article.

our dip in form coincides with Nicky Law being injured, he just offers a lot more than Zelalem does, im sure Zel is going to become a great player in the future but right now he offers little, Law must start on Monday.

Good call.

Hope everyone's had a good day, by the way.

Law must start on Monday .

He's a more forceful player and never disappointed on the few occasions MW has played him.

I've not got a problem with Zel , he keeps possession well and his quick one touch passes speed our play up though I agree his weakness is missing that killer pass. However Monday's game is going to be a battle , and maybe a place on the bench to come on later once the ferocity has died down , may suit him best.

As much as I like Zelalem, I agree with this post especially for Monday. I would play both in a 4-4-2 but that won't happen.