***the Official Rangers Vs Hibernian Thread***

Jamie0202

I'd like to see Hardie given a run, even in a wide position, for a couple games.

MW has repeatedly praised him and his attitude, included him in squad after squad and given him a new contract. Let's see the boy start some games.

I've thought of him; do you think we should have considered him earlier in a less pressurised match? I saw him a few weeks ago in an under 20s, and was very impressed by his use of the ball. It would be a gamble, but perhaps worth taking.

I've thought of him; do you think we should have considered him earlier in a less pressurised match? I saw him a few weeks ago in an under 20s, and was very impressed by his use of the ball. It would be a gamble, but perhaps worth taking.

Tbh I'm at the point now that if we don't trust him to handle this game then how can we trust him to handle the pressure in the premiership and Europe?

If he's not ready then MW wouldn't have given him a new deal, it'd be pointless. MW let other youth players leave but he kept Hardie. He's always in the squad.

I'd give him his chance, but then my job doesn't rely on how he performs and how the supporters react to a young player.

Tbh I'm at the point now that if we don't trust him to handle this game then how can we trust him to handle the pressure in the premiership and Europe?

If he's not ready then MW wouldn't have given him a new deal, it'd be pointless. MW let other youth players leave but he kept Hardie. He's always in the squad.

I'd give him his chance, but then my job doesn't rely on how he performs and how the supporters react to a young player.

That's my thoughts exactly! It would be great to pull it off, and as you say when will he be ready anyway.

Just keep it the same or Wilson out Ball in. We have had no luck and Hibs have had it all recently, we are the better team and we should remember this.

I fully expect us to win the game, If Hibs defend then it will be 1 or 2 nil but if they come at us we will tear them apart.

Keep the faith, no need to panic.

I think we will win 4-1, I don't know why just a gut feeling, but the league will not be won or lost in this game as a long long way to go and we have to get this bad spell out or system

Wes

Tav Kiernan Ball Wallace

Law Halliday Holt

Waghorn Hardie McKay

Can't see Warbs changing the 4-3-3. Hardie should have been in the team over the last few weeks in preparation for this game. The kid scores goals for fun. Waghorn doesn't (Yes I know he's top scorer but he's been stinking recently). Wilson and Oduwa should be no where near the team. I'd prefer that we have another midfielder protecting the defense but I can't see our shape changing.

Thompson in to DM for Halliday with Shiels and Law in front of him with a front 3 of Waghorn, Lyon and Halliday.

Miller, Clark, Oduwa and Zelalem should be nowhere near this game.

I'll cry if Nicky Clark is on the team sheet. Still don't get why he played at Easter Road when Hardie and as you have mentioned Lyon are in great form for the development team.

I'll cry if Nicky Clark is on the team sheet. Still don't get why he played at Easter Road when Hardie and as you have mentioned Lyon are in great form for the development team.

As soon as I saw his name in the team I knew MW had made an arse of it and we would struggle. A waste of a jersey.

First Stubbs, then McGinn, now Mcnamara dad are in the paper saying Hibs are flying and we're goni crumble.

Just hope our players are paying attention. Can't wait until we kill off this hype over Hibs. They have been lucky, last minute goals to grab 4 points in their last two games.

First Stubbs, then McGinn, now Mcnamara dad are in the paper saying Hibs are flying and we're goni crumble.

Just hope our players are paying attention. Can't wait until we kill off this hype over Hibs. They have been lucky, last minute goals to grab 4 points in their last two games.

How many Old Firm games have we gone into, in stinking form and they've been giving it big licks about hammering us? It rarely happens. This does have a OF feel to it and as you said they've hardly been firing on all cylinders. They've been getting by on 2-1 and 1-0 wins for weeks. I think this'll be a lot closer than they think it will.

How many Old Firm games have we gone into, in stinking form and they've been giving it big licks about hammering us? It rarely happens. This does have a OF feel to it and as you said they've hardly been firing on all cylinders. They've been getting by on 2-1 and 1-0 wins for weeks. I think this'll be a lot closer than they think it will.

Bring them on! abs buzzing for it now. sitting in copland for the game and got a wee room in Citizn M for afters with the mrs.

We have to return to the high tempo pressing game we had earlier on in the season.

We also need someone to work with our defence till we can get new players in,in January.

We need to take the chances we make and stop the ineffective short corners they have become too predictable.

I hope that everyone going to the game can get behind the team and keep the negativity away from the players.

At the Falkirk game yesterday some of the moaning was way over the top. Constantly screaming shoot when there is no space for a shot or asking for the ball to be delivered "into the mixer" does my head in. Their was a woman behind me in the Main Stand yesterday who kept slagging off all our players and everytime something didn't come off for them she was calling them arseholes or saying that they are shite. People like that are as well watching the game in a pub.

I know we are all passionate but there's a difference between being passionate and being abusive. Lets trust in our manager and what he's trying to implement, think back to last season and how much we all wanted to see a team who could play a bit of football.

Well said mate! Let's back the lads!!

I'd actually be intrigued to see how Kiernan would operate in the CDM role. He's quick, strong and can play the simple passes.

Would also like to see Andy Halliday moved to the left wing.

I believe Ball also plays CDM. The problem becomes simply playing a player because he is playing well. Halliday is playing well as a midfielder but if you move him out to the left wing who gets dropped? It does seem to me that we would be better crowding centre midfield, drawing the opposition slightly further out from their box and allowing our fullbacks to do less defending with less risk of a long ball through the middle cause damage. That said, the style of play is to win 4-2 rather than 2-0, but we're not scoring the goals at the moment so we have to be able to vary the movement.

I believe Ball also plays CDM. The problem becomes simply playing a player because he is playing well. Halliday is playing well as a midfielder but if you move him out to the left wing who gets dropped? It does seem to me that we would be better crowding centre midfield, drawing the opposition slightly further out from their box and allowing our fullbacks to do less defending with less risk of a long ball through the middle cause damage. That said, the style of play is to win 4-2 rather than 2-0, but we're not scoring the goals at the moment so we have to be able to vary the movement.

Start with Oduwa and Miller on the bench, McKay out right, Halliday on the left. Ball and Wilson CB and Kiernan in CDM. Ball has got a bit of pace so he would suit playing beside Wilson. Playing that way would give us two decent wingers and a bit more strength in midfield. Pretty certain Kiernan started his career as a CM.