Rangers v Celtic 2007 /2008 ( evenly matched?)

There has been a sustained period of media hype and on and off the field success for Celtic over the past few years. They are being well managed and their success is warranted. Fair play to them, i will always honestly awknowledge a job well done. On the other hand Rangers has been incased in negative press, no success on the park, infighting (PLG), sectarian accusations, finance problems, failures and gazzumping in transfer deals and fans are rightly feeling it. Most people would be justified in not feeling too optimistic for Rangers in the coming season. BUT NOT ME. For all the above mentioned points the fact is in my view that on the pitch this season Celtics team will be no better than ours. If you analyse both anticipated starting 11's and subs there is no advantage over us. There is little between both defences and goalkeepers really and i expect like last season they will perform similar. Midfield to the front is where all will be won or lost. They have added players to their team that are no better than the ones already there. On the other hand we lacked options, pace and creativity last season but not anymore. With the additions we have made and will make we have vastly increased our options and improved on the quality that we had. Big changes are required by the powers running our club but do not underestimate the work that Walter and Ally etc have done and will do. When all seems lost and we are seemingly surrounded and without hope we must remain defiant like our ancestors before us. In the face of adversity and No matter the odds the Rangers fans will always arise and our response will always be NO SURRENDER..!!!!

I don't think there is much between the teams.

However, I'd prefer to make my judgements after we make a few more signings. I think we're a dominant centre-half (eg Cuellar), consistent creative player and another goalscorers away from having a team good enough to challenge.

I have my doubts about the management side of things but Smith should improve the commitment and spirit we obtain from the squad.

Certainly there is nothing much to be afraid of despite Celtic strengthening.

We were so bad in the first halk of the season smeltic took their foot of the gas imo. if we had been clipping at there heels from the begining i doubt every much they would have been so poor the 2nd half of the season.

Im not going to look into how badly the played after the new year and expect them to be better this season, as i do us.

I don't care what Celtic are doing.

If we win our games, we will win the league. It's as simple as that.

Not to mention both cups and the Champions League. ;)

I don't care what Celtic are doing.

If we win our games, we will win the league. It's as simple as that.

Not to mention both cups and the Champions League. ;)

You know what I mean though...

Concentrate of what we are doing.

i agree davy, we need to worry about what we are doing, not what those filth bags are up to.

We still need strengthened in certain areas before we can seriously mount a title challenge though

We were so bad in the first half of the season smeltic took their foot of the gas imo.

I don't believe that, there was too many Celik minded players in the squad for that to take place.

(helicopter Sunday & RFC 5 DUFC 1)

I believe the gulf between our club and Septic ain't as huge as last years League table suggested.

Truth being they just couldn't BEAT the teams infront of them.

This season will be the acid test.

WATP

NO SURRENDER