Nicky Law

slimjim1690

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I know, I've never been a fan but I have to say he was outstanding today, and has surely taken Zelalim's place in the team, he moved the ball forward quickly at every opportunity, take a bow Nicky and let's see you keep it up.

Law was amazing when he first came to us I thought we had a new Gazza but his backwards attitude to the fans pissed us all off.

I forgive him as I know there is an amazing player in him as seen it so here is hoping he can get his confidence and the fans back.

Aye Defo m8, we need to kick in from this and put another run of wins together!, law was quality today, him Halliday and holt were immense!!, it's no surprise that when we were steamrolling teams at the start of the season that was our midfield, zelalem might turn out to be world class, but he's not suited to the Scottish game IMO

Nicky Law is a very talented and aware footballer who had his confidence totally sapped by playing in a team managed by incompetents.

Posters who refused to see this in the past should now be suitably embarrassed.

But hey hoe, it's Xmas and we now have a reborn faith in our team so onwards and yupwards.

(The Kenny Miller abusers today please take note. Kenny did his job today, harrying and harrasing their defence and midfield whenever they broke)

I've always been a fan of his even through the bad days. The only player who I was confident having the ball at his feet. Moshni, in them days for instance, would take three touches then still have to make a lunging tackle to clear it.

Law didn't stand out to me. Made what, one successful tackle and never set up any of our goals?

Overrated by many on here. Needs to step out of his bubble and perform for 90 minutes consistantly before his cowardace last season is forgoven by me. Maybe he should watch Jason Holt's consistant performances and aspire to emulate them.

Nicky Law is a very talented and aware footballer who had his confidence totally sapped by playing in a team managed by incompetents.

Posters who refused to see this in the past should now be suitably embarrassed.

But hey hoe, it's Xmas and we now have a reborn faith in our team so onwards and yupwards.

(The Kenny Miller abusers today please take note. Kenny did his job today, harrying and harrasing their defence and midfield whenever they broke)

I think everyone knew he was a talented footballer, on the park it was his attitude and bravery (on the ball and in the tackle) that was an issue.

Added to a series of stupid interviews and gestures to the fans and most (me included) thought we was a wee wanker above his station.

He's completely turned this around now IMO, I'd have him in my team every day of the week. I'd also be offering him a new deal before he's open to Bosman offers.

Law didn't stand out to me. Made what, one successful tackle and never set up any of our goals?

Overrated by many on here. Needs to step out of his bubble and perform for 90 minutes consistantly before his cowardace last season is forgoven by me. Maybe he should watch Jason Holt's consistant performances and aspire to emulate them.

A bit harsh re: today mate IMO but I get where you're coming from, what impressed me most today was his desire to get on the ball and make things happen, it's something that I've noticed in the last couple of games when coming on as a sub, as I said in my OP I've never been a fan of his but if he can keep up this kind of performance then he might make me eat my words, here's hoping.

He took the ball constantly from midfield, and even tracked back to pick up ther ball from the back on quite a few occasions, and then drove forward then back and forth till he found a man in space to pass to or play the ball through.

And some of the wee triangular passing he was involved in on the wings, probing for space. were a joy to behold.

Which game were you watching ?

You seem upset that we played well and one hence you were unable to post your usual negative drivel during the game.

Law was superb today and many refuse to judge players on last season's performances. Our previous problems were a result of poor management.

Nicky Law is probably our most direct and forward thinking player. Certainly in central midfield. Every time he gets the ball he's looking to go forward, past people. I thought criticism was harsh last season too, but he wasn't amazing granted, a lot better this season. Should be a starter.