*** The Official Rangers V Cowdenbeath Match Thread ***

You seem furious about the fact that we'd play an Arsenal youngster over Nicky Law in a cup game though. You don't think it could possibly help us in the future but if we didn't play loanees then we probably wouldn't get trusted with them again.

And it's not as if Zelalem is a liability. He had a good game today and is an asset to our squad.

Of course we need to give these players game time, and as I've said, hopefully next year we can actually get a player or two in with (right now) the quality to contribute to a title run.

He's had plenty of game time, most of it, fortunately, not in the big games encase he decides to go missing.

Law's the better played for us IMO (and Warbs obviously agrees given he starts the 'big' games ahead of Zelalem).

No issues with Zelalem getting game time though. He's decent enough and only 18. Develop him and it gives us better loan options in future years.

Pretty much bang on the money.

Of course we need to give these players game time, and as I've said, hopefully next year we can actually get a player or two in with (right now) the quality to contribute to a title run.

He's had plenty of game time, most of it, fortunately, not in the big games encase he decides to go missing.

I'd say all our loan players this season have contribution to a probable title run.

I like how you're all for Nicky Law starting but you're scared someone else will go missing. Law's been decent this season but he's been the first to hide since he's been here.

Then why are you still stretching to prove a moot point, or do you expect everyone to agree with your point of view, then it's not so silly. Come on, Al :lol: can't continue a discussion then chastise someone for that.

Caring about the future of Rangers, I'm alright with that.

I'm not trying to prove any point, besides MW clearly rates Zelalem. Picking experience over youth in big games doesn't change that.

Wilson getting criticised again on here.

Guy didn't do anything wrong today. Ball made a number of errors, yet escapes any comment.

Clear Wilson is the easy target, and the whipping boy - because there always has to be one at Ibrox for some reason.

Not strictly true me and the poster Sket and another poster praised Wilson today and derided the poor performance of Ball.

I'm not trying to prove any point, besides MW clearly rates Zelalem. Picking experience over youth in big games doesn't change that.

Clearly means he might rate him, however, not enough to play him for the bigger games, or he'd be in there and not benched. They are here to be impact players, and better than what we currently have, or why are they here. Obviously MW doesn't consider him at that standard or he'd be involved in the bigger games.

I'd say all our loan players this season have contribution to a probable title run.

I like how you're all for Nicky Law starting but you're scared someone else will go missing. Law's been decent this season but he's been the first to hide since he's been here.

You think all three of them have majorly contributed to a run, and in a way that a Rangers player couldn't? As remember, that can be the only rational as to why they are here besides future options. I'd hate to see a similar scenario next season if those are the extent of the contributions. I wouldn't say any of them have provided much of anything that one of our own players couldn't have achieved. The possible exception being Ball as we are weak at CB. Even he has look shaky.

That would probably be the reason I qualified my statement on Law in a previous post if you had read it: specifically mentioning he was one of the first to go missing under the previous regime. Another poster mentioned Law, I happen to think there would be two or three I'd have in ahead of him. That doesn't change the fact that when Law has been selected in front of him this season, he's been far more direct and offered a lot more.

Not strictly true me and the poster Sket and another poster praised Wilson today and derided the poor performance of Ball.

What makes you and sket say that?

I thought Ball was better, I think the problem with defenders is is it's hard to notice when they do things right but easy to notice when they fuck up.

That's why I rate Kiernan so highly because for me he's been the most consistent defender, then ball then Wilson. Not to say Wilson is bad. All 3 suffer from pacing issues and the absence of a proper CDM

What makes you and sket say that?

I thought Ball was better, I think the problem with defenders is is it's hard to notice when they do things right but easy to notice when they fuck up.

That's why I rate Kiernan so highly because for me he's been the most consistent defender, then ball then Wilson. Not to say Wilson is bad. All 3 suffer from pacing issues and the absence of a proper CDM

He fucked up dithering and almost got caught in possession he gave the free kick away that caused the goal.

I think our defence is average/poor at best and any decent team with pace will take us apart as we have seen this season already.

I dont rate Wilson and wouldn't have signed him but he did his job today.

He fucked up dithering and almost got caught in possession he gave the free kick away that caused the goal.

I think our defence is average/poor at best and any decent team with pace will take us apart as we have seen this season already.

I dont rate Wilson and wouldn't have signed him but he did his job today.

Can't really argue with that, I'll need to keep my eyes open for next game concerning the back 2.

I'd say on the merit that he didn't fuck up as much, Wilson was better. But most weeks I'd say Wilson is the poorer defender, but like k said when the defenders fuck up it really cost us and most of the time that's what they get judged on. Case and point ball giving the free kick will be the first thing folk think of.

Spot on with the pace though.

I'm not being told the manager thinks he's the next best thing since sliced bread, when in fact for every big game he's had him on the bench. Funny, discussion on a football forum.

I agree. He shows glimmers of there being a footballer in there but he's too lightweight and almost never goes in for a tackle.