Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

Crooks just now would be great, but I actually feel bad for some of the midfielders currently playing in the team should Windass join just now.

Law has come in and done a really good job, Shiels comes off the bench and influences the game, Holt is unstoppable and so Zelalem's game-time may just get less.

Perhaps Warburton is happy to let Shiels and Law go in the summer and he's just preparing early.

Crooks just now would be great, but I actually feel bad for some of the midfielders currently playing in the team should Windass join just now.

Law has come in and done a really good job, Shiels comes off the bench and influences the game, Holt is unstoppable and so Zelalem's game-time may just get less.

Perhaps Warburton is happy to let Shiels and Law go in the summer and he's just preparing early.

More competition in the squad is always healthy.

More competition in the squad is always healthy.

It goes against MW philosophy. A lean squad with young players being able to see the first team.

If he feels we need these guys in now then fair enough. However paying £500k for players we can get in summer for £50k is obviously not great business on paper.

It goes against MW philosophy. A lean squad with young players being able to see the first team.

If he feels we need these guys in now then fair enough. However paying £500k for players we can get in summer for £50k is obviously not great business on paper.

That's the thing, it was the same with Scott Allan, I kept saying, it's a luxury to have another good option, but really nowhere near a necessity just now.

True, but I don't know, am I the only one who thinks there is enough competition just now in the midfield beyond the defensive role? For now anyway?

I think midfield will be Crooks as CDM with Windass and Holt in CAM and Halliday moved to the wing with Miller dropping to the bench. The only ones who won't benefit are Law and Sheils although MW normally brings either on with 20-25 mins to go.

TBH I'd rather we paid the money now to get them bedded in as MW obviously feels these two are more than good enough for the SPL. I'd rather they had 6 months to get used to playing with us etc rather than 6 weeks. Theres lots of other factors like their diets for example. I imagine AS won't be anywhere near as strict as MW when it comes to diet and hydration.

I think midfield will be Crooks as CDM with Windass and Holt in CAM and Halliday moved to the wing with Miller dropping to the bench. The only ones who won't benefit are Law and Sheils although MW normally brings either on with 20-25 mins to go.

Would be interested to see if they would put Halliday on the wing... but for Miller? Rotationally maybe, but, again, I just can't see it.

Any figures for transfers won't just be the fee but wages too I bet. The other mob have been doing that for years to inflate the perceived value of in/out deals.

If right...Say we're paying £100k each to Accrington, to make it worth their while. If they are splitting £300k between them for 5 months work then we are paying higher wages then many on here presume. All assumptions though. Not sure how wages can be included when there's been no info of contract lengths, has there?

I think Windass is more likely to play out wide than Halliday is.

There seems to be a debate about whether Windass is a striker or a midfielder so he could probably play from the left in a front there.

Good point. We could see him taking on a role out wide. Never thought of that.

I'm sure Warburton and the team know exactly what they are doing here.

True, but I don't know, am I the only one who thinks there is enough competition just now in the midfield beyond the defensive role? For now anyway?

Halliday and Holt have started just about every game this season,Zelalem's been consistent here and there and Law is now coming back into the fold which is good.

Plus I'd still rather have them now than in the summer,gives them plenty of time to bed in for next season,money shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Halliday and Holt have started just about every game this season,Zelalem's been consistent here and there and Law is now coming back into the fold which is good.

Plus I'd still rather have them now than in the summer,gives them plenty of time to bed in for next season,money shouldn't be an issue anyway.

A player can't be consistent here and there, that's practically the definition of inconsistency.

If the 550K rumour is true it does seem a bit high, but again we don't know what the compensation would actually be either so at this stage it really is all conjecture

If right...Say we're paying £100k each to Accrington, to make it worth their while. If they are splitting £300k between them for 5 months work then we are paying higher wages then many on here presume. All assumptions though. Not sure how wages can be included when there's been no info of contract lengths, has there?

No ideas on the technicalities but that Simunoprick or whatever his name was the tims signed was claimed to be £3.5m but the transfer was apparently 1.9m and the rest in wages, over a 5 year deal. Doubt these guys will be on much more than 2/3k a week basic, but thats a total guess tbh