Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

Sounds like a promising piece of business.

I do feel for Accrington Stanley, though. Seems a strange rule, and pretty unfair. Anyone know why the rule is as it is?

Its so players can negotiate the best move for them before their contracts expire. Its not as though Accrington have had the players as youngsters so you wonder if their 'development' is really down to the club.

If both want to come to Rangers then no amount of interest from England will stop them signing pre-contracts. Accrington and the like never complain when they take players from non-league clubs for nothing so just swings and roundabouts.

Sounds like a promising piece of business.

I do feel for Accrington Stanley, though. Seems a strange rule, and pretty unfair. Anyone know why the rule is as it is?

It was brought in to stop teams in higher, or even the same division poaching promising youngsters from "lesser" teams for free when the club had put all the time and money developing the player.

We have the same rule up here, but because it is different FA's, we can't impose our, or in this case their own rules on different FA's.

In my opinion we're trying to wrap up pre-contract deals for them, at which point we'll enter into fee negotiations to take the pair of their hands this window. That way we get them for less than we would have if we just went in and negotiated first, and Stanley still get some much needed money.

As has been said, he's evidently desperately trying to drum up interest from elsewhere.

Exciting signings, just hope his Twitter outburst doesn't blow it for us.

Fuxake mate. It's not Ronaldo and messi we're goin for here. Don't know nothing about them. That's not sayin they're bad players but won't lose sleep if we don't get them!

Because Crooks is the type of player we've been crying out for all season (DM) and he's only 21.

Heard good things about Windass as well,16 goals in 67 games,not a terrible return for a midfielder.

But are we signing him this season?

Going by the quotes from the Accrington chairman, it looks like it will be a pre contract. League 2 to the SPL is a huge step up, especially when it Rangers you're playing for.

Going by the quotes from the Accrington chairman, it looks like it will be a pre contract. League 2 to the SPL is a huge step up, especially when it Rangers you're playing for.

I have no idea if it's this month or in the summer.

I know where you're coming from but Holt was at Hertz last season and look how good he's playing now :D

Not sure what I think on these two possible signings, never heard of them until mentioned on here, is there any interest from other clubs ? If not why not? I do trust our manager so will wait and see what transpires, changed days indeed, I can remember getting excited when we were signing Jelavic, i was checking every day to see if he had signed as it took forever.

Yes Rangers as a club is a huge step up but the standard of league 2 to the SPFL premiership is not a huge step up.

I have no idea if it's this month or in the summer.

I know where you're coming from but Holt was at Hertz last season and look how good he's playing now :D

Good point about Holt, but I think that will be a fluke. I hope I'm wrong though.

Anyone know who should be credited with Holt? I doubt it was Warburton who had his eye on him.

Have you seen much of league 2? It makes the SPL look like La Liga.

Top end of that league like everybleague in England is strong. No surprise to see teams such as Burton doing well and looking likely to go up to the championship

Interesting. I assume were doing nothing wrong here? Can't imagine MW conducting his business in any unethical way at all.

We're doing every thing right there chairmans is only unhappy as he wont get anywhere near as much money for the two if they come here over another English side

It's their fault for allowing their contracts to run down.

Did they though?

Its so players can negotiate the best move for them before their contracts expire. Its not as though Accrington have had the players as youngsters so you wonder if their 'development' is really down to the club.

If both want to come to Rangers then no amount of interest from England will stop them signing pre-contracts. Accrington and the like never complain when they take players from non-league clubs for nothing so just swings and roundabouts.

It was brought in to stop teams in higher, or even the same division poaching promising youngsters from "lesser" teams for free when the club had put all the time and money developing the player.

We have the same rule up here, but because it is different FA's, we can't impose our, or in this case their own rules on different FA's.

Just seems to me like maybe there should be some cross borders tribunal or something to award cash to the developing club, if they've been involved in their development. Of course, if they haven't really been involved in their development as youngsters, that would be different. Can't say I know much about their histories. Or much about them at all for that matter.

The same thing could end up happening to us.

Can't blame the owner for trying to drum up other interest in his 2 best players.

And always had a wee soft spot for " The Stanley " probably down to The Accrington Pals.

I know we have a strong following from that area and wish them all the very best.

Josh Windass seems to be pretty highly rated and even though his Dad was and still is a bit of a nutter you can't deny his will to win at all cost attitude and I'd imagine that will have rubbed off on his boy.

This one has all the hallmarks of a very good signing.