Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

When I first saw this it was on the BBC text page and got really pissed off as was only glancing at it and read about Holt being annoyed and was thinking to myself what the fuck is one of our players doing whinging on twitter about possible signings. until I read it properly and realised it was Andy Holt and not Jason!

Anyway, I don't expect them to sign for us during this window but expect it will be pre-contracts for the summer, as for the complaints about the regulations well that's tough English clubs are a lot worse when it comes to Scottish players they might want.

Some of the posts on here :lol:

Can you imagine if RM was around at the time when we signed Bobby Russell from Settlestone Juniors,place would have went into meltdown!

:rolleyes:

Or Davie Cooper from Clydebank. Some of the posts on this thread makes me think we have been infiltrated by fifth columnists.

It is looking like it will be an experienced player, hopefully a CDM.

Really hope it is.

I don't think Crooks is the CDM we are looking for, hes scored 7 goals this season so it sounds like he gets forward even more than Halliday does. :lol:

The way Rangers have gone about things has annoyed me a bit, he added. Instead of coming through me or our manager John Coleman they just sent an email to our secretary and thats not the norm. I thought they might have called one of us, or even our chairman Peter Marsden and told us their intentions. In normal circumstances a manager would ring his fellow manager so say what was going on so that was a bit disappointing.

Holt in the Hearald.

Fuck up you moaning bastard, your players are coming to us, and you can't stop it from happening.

45]

FollowTuJHlSrC_bigger.jpgDarragh MacAnthonyVerified account@DMAC102

Darragh MacAnthony Retweeted Dane Smith

Hate fact Scottish clubs can nick like this if I'm honest. Quality players them 2 lads. That's system though.

Nae bother Darragh..... :lol:

Does darragh maybe support a club with an identity crisis

I think a phone call, although not required, would have been courteous. The chairmen/owners complaining are obviously upset with the system...tough fucking shit TBH. I'm sure it goes the other way too. Anyway just how much development costs are involved, haven't they only had the players a season?

Agree a contract with the two and then make an offer to take them now...if that's what MW wants.

Some of the posts on here :lol:

Can you imagine if RM was around at the time when we signed Bobby Russell from Settlestone Juniors,place would have went into meltdown!

:rolleyes:

will we ever sign players from junior football again ?

Before last round of Scottish cup read about a 20 or 21 year old striker who has scored over 20 goals this season and pretty sure his da was an ex professional but can't now remember who it was or what junior team he plays for

I'd much rather we were scouring the lower reaches of English football than going for players in the SPL.

In England their talent pool is far greater than ours and without a doubt English talent is finding it more and more difficult to find its way in to the EPL.

I really don't know who people expect us to target but I believe we now have a strong football department and we won't be signing players without properly "scouting" them.

Happy with these deals if they go through.

There's clearly a lot of people who still don't get that MW is a coach who prefers to sign young players and work with them to make them better and if you take that approach you are going to be signing "nobodies".

In the whole I'm happy with the direction we are going in. I'd rather this approach than us handing out five figure sum per week contracts to players who are past their best mainly on the basis of their name value rather than what they actually offer on the park.