You Can't Win Anything With Kids..

siamthedanger

A famous phrase coined by Hansen back in the 90s with regards to the young Manchester Utd team Fergie went on to win the title with..

Listening to Sportsound tonight the guys in the studio were saying something very similar with regards to Warburton and us going back into the top league next season. Kinda got me thinking about if we continued the trend set so far by signing youngsters could we actually win the title with a very young side?

What do you guys reckon?

In no way am I comparing us to Man Utd by the way..

Has fuck all to do with age. If we are good enough we will win the league. Celtic are fucking honking.

That is why we have to get the signings right.

They should be miles ahead of us but are more than within our sights.

The scum will go in to meltdown if we challenge them seriously next season.

Listening to Sportsound tonight the guys in the studio were saying something very similar with regards to Warburton and us going back into the top league next season. Kinda got me thinking about if we continued the trend set so far by signing youngsters could we actually win the title with a very young side?

What do you guys reckon?

panic-button-2.jpg

Average age of that Man Utd team was 25. Average age of our team this season has been under 23.

By the time we've got the rest of this season under our belt, another pre-season, and 2 or 3 good, experienced pros added, we'll be close to making them eat their words.

Love the way the manager is moulding the squad. Young, talented, ambitious lads with a real work ethic. Throw in a couple of experienced players in the summer and we will be challenging next season. Thinks crooks will make a big difference in the middle of the park. Great to see us tapping into the lower leagues of England. Alot of the players have good pedigree coming from big clubs academys but have been forced down the leagues due to the money available to buy the best from around the globe. Compare that to buying overrated spl fodder on long term deals. Wish we had the magic hat earlier!!

Love the way the manager is moulding the squad. Young, talented, ambitious lads with a real work ethic. Throw in a couple of experienced players in the summer and we will be challenging next season. Thinks crooks will make a big difference in the middle of the park. Great to see us tapping into the lower leagues of England. Alot of the players have good pedigree coming from big clubs academys but have been forced down the leagues due to the money available to buy the best from around the globe. Compare that to buying overrated spl fodder on long term deals. Wish we had the magic hat earlier!!

Spot on.

A famous phrase coined by Hansen back in the 90s with regards to the young Manchester Utd team Fergie went on to win the title with..

What do you guys reckon?

Considering what that group of youngsters went on to win, it absolutely destroyed the theory so I'd be happy with similar success

What do you guys reckon?

Yes - if we show the patience and belief Man U did in their manager - was it 4 years to win a cup and 5 for the league? ( to lazy to google)

Only drawback with having a young squad is if they're successful they'll be sold on and we have to start again.

Like others we will become a selling club, not a bad thing but will we ever reach any heights in Europe? Maybe just evolve into a decent Europa League side at best.

Cracking post. Even when some extra funds were made available at Brentford he signed Jota who is now one of the best players in that league.

Delighted with the way we're heading under W&W.