*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Chelmsford for today and the first race is interesting;

Biff Johnson is odds on favourite to win after a comfortable win at course and distance last time - it romped it; It's time though was around 2 minutes and 8 seconds.

Runaiocht is second favourite and at the distance ran a 2 minutes and 7 second time last race, ok it was at Lingfield which is the fastest surface but looking more closely it's managed a 2m4s second at Lingfield and a 2m9s at Kempton ( a considerably slower surface), assuming Chelmsford is somewhere in the middle for this horse (first time at the track I believe) it's surely in with a good shout, all agreed?! Now the odds here are far more attractive than Biff Johnsons 8/11 @ 6-1.

Now for the interesting bit; Thane of Cawdor is 20-1 presently, it was victorious at Kempton in a time of 2m9s, beating Runaiocht by 3 lengths while being 3 pounds higher than it, today with a 5lb claimer it's 3lbs lower in the weights. Last 2 races in defeat ran times which would put it in the frame in this company, notably a 2m7s 6th of 6 at this course 2 races back. Last race it was first out of the gates and was immediately restrained by the jockey who took it right out the back end to the point that it was out of the race within the first 50 yards, towards the business end though it was up with the pace while not being in a position to land in the frame, it suggested to me that it was a dry run for something later. Now it's a bit of a fussy bugger on the face of it and Chelmsford likes it's front runners (something which Thane of Cawdor isn't) but at 20-1 having beaten the 2nd favourite comfortably on a slower surface surely it's worth an E/W? Last race I noticed it pulled left on the right handed track, a disadvantage but today's track runs left handed - it can't hurt can it?! To top off the theory it's got the blinkers on first time and it's jockey has a 2nd on it previously and has a good ratio of success from a small number of races.

I'd like to hear opposing thoughts or just thoughts in general, it's quite possible Thane Of Cawdor falls out the back like it's wearing divers boots but I Just think that this one might not having been up for having a go at 5/2 and 8-1, it may just be up for a go at 20-1 today.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Doesn't matter where you did it, £150 on for £8 back is heinous. 

Why? Hearts and Arsenal are overpriced even at the shorter 6/4 and 5/6 I got them. Chelsea 21/10 at home, the form team and unbeaten since 2012 to Utd and Barnsley the form team evens at home.

How would you price it?

4 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Why? Hearts and Arsenal are overpriced even at the shorter 6/4 and 5/6 I got them. Chelsea 21/10 at home, the form team and unbeaten since 2012 to Utd and Barnsley the form team evens at home.

How would you price it?

You've completely missed my sarcasm at they way you worded your original post. Spoil sport. 

I got Arsenal and Hearts in my coupon too, looking good.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

You've completely missed my sarcasm at they way you worded your original post. Spoil sport. 

I got Arsenal and Hearts in my coupon too, looking good.

Ah right fuck you man :pipe:

Got a btts on aswell wouldnt mind a literally last minute hibs goal to keep that going aswell.