Ladbrokes Bet At Ibrox In Club Europe

Dunny_01

Cant you just check the ticket? If she thought it was for 5-3 surely it would state this??

again we put this to manager and still said " human error"

its a effin disgrace, if was just me then fine but there is 12 others goin mental here. Im tryin to impress corporoate clients and the ladbrokes working on rangers turf are ripping aff my guys. Hopefully rangers will talk to ladbrokes too as its a joke

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the issue. Bets are not covered by any law and are therefore not subject to normal legal rules. (tu)

Social media is best bet but less than a 1% chance of getting it. (tu)

Then that should be taken to court. No organisation, especially a self interested money making on a whim corporation, should be above common law. Surely consumer laws apply ?

Why are bookies above normal legal rules then "TheLawMan", that sounds preposterous, can you provide examples of bookies or bets not being subject to "normal legal rules", with that username and opinion you should surely be able to ?

again we put this to manager and still said " human error"

its a effin disgrace, if was just me then fine but there is 12 others goin mental here. Im tryin to impress corporoate clients and the ladbrokes working on rangers turf are ripping aff my guys. Hopefully rangers will talk to ladbrokes too as its a joke

Nothing to do with Rangers, the contract is between you and the bookies. Fight it.

Then that should be taken to court. No organisation, especially a self interested money making on a whim corporation, should be above common law. Surely consumer laws apply ?

Why are bookies above normal legal rules then "TheLawMan", that sounds preposterous, can you provide examples of bookies or bets not being subject to "normal legal rules", with that username and opinion you should surely be able to ?

It is a contract between the better and the bookie, and the terms and conditions include for 'errors'. If someone could show that they offer similar bets at 350/1 regularly, either us or other games then it would be realistic, but if it is genuinely a crazy price, then they can put it down to an error. As much as it is not what anyone wants to hear, does anyone think 350/1 was a reasonable price for that bet, or is it more likely to be a mistake?

Gambling contracts were unenforceable for years under various laws, the Gambling Act 2005 made them enforceable though, however the act includes provisions for the gambling commission to void bets that are "substantially unfair." In practice the gambling company will refuse to payout initially and if this is challenged they will pass it to the gambling commission to consider if it is substantially unfair, which I would expect 350/1 on something that would ordinarily be in the region of 4/1 (no idea if that seems correct, not a bet i've made myself) would be deemed so. The law says the next stage is an adjudication body which presumably if you were unhappy with their decision could be submitted for judicial review, might be expensive though, particularly if they rule said body was entitled to make that decision.

Errors

Ladbrokes make every effort to ensure that we do not make errors in accepting bets. However, if as a result of human error or system problems a bet is accepted at a price (which includes the odds, handicap provisions, and other terms and conditions or details of the bet) that is:

1. materially different from those available in the general market at the time the bet was made; or

clearly incorrect given the chance of the event occurring at the time the bet was made then Ladbrokes will pay winnings at the correct price.

To establish the correct price Ladbrokes will consider prices available in the general market at the time the bet was made, including the prices offered by William Hill and Coral.

Examples of circumstances where this would apply are:

1. the price is recorded as 100-1 when the price on offer in the general market is 10-1

the margins for handicap betting have been reversed

If a bet is accepted in error by Ladbrokes on an event or outcome for which no Ladbrokes prices are available the bet will be void and your stake returned.

Any results or scores displayed on the site - for example during betting in play - are for guidance purposes only.

Bookies arent covered by consumer law as such, their t&c's are shite

Hell even if you win big with correct odds, they can invoke a maximum payout rule,

Got a mate who tried to take them to court when his horses came up. They wouldn't pay him out as they said the bet was put on after one of his races had already started. It was not made void when his bet was put on, which he proved by putting another bet on after a race had started. Apparently his argument was, that they give a short time after the race has started when they'll still take bets, but they said the bet was void, even though his line said it wasn't. He showed me another line that he put on after another race that showed it automatically voids the bet on the race if it has started by a certain amount of time. Ended up he got bugger all. Even got the "raw deal" guy from the Sunday mail to take up his case & it was printed in the paper, but got nowt.

wagers are gentlemans agreements and not enforceable by the courts.

tbh you were having a laugh if you thought that was a correct bet. the equivelant of a £10 price tag on new Ford Fiesta, you know its too good to be true,

Afraid to say mate you're bound by their TCs.

I had one a while back where I was given Man City at 10/1 at home instead of 1/10 on a 5 fold acca. My 18k turned in to fuck all.

Tell them you'll take their odds but you want another corporate day at Ibrox.

I am goin to go to Ladbrokes tmora with a couple of guys who were in club europe. I personally had a few guys there today to impress a few clients! and to make that mistake was terrible. It wasnt the lassies fault she clearly called her boss, and happily accepted a barrage of bets for the same. Ladbrokes are a terrible bet partner for Rangers i certainly would call for Rangers to get rid of them.

this thread has confirmed my doubts but i maintain my promise if i get paid out ill donate to rangers media. Just a bit sick tnight ladd n ladsettes

Louden

do u think seriously this is fair odds, for specific to win with 3 goals, when they DUPED us all into betting a fortune? if halliday scored the penalty would i be entitldd to my money back since it was incorrect betting odds

no real i want to take my boy to irn bru carnival snd cannae afford to now csuse of ladbrokes!!!

So you're in hospitality and Cannae afford to take your boy to the irn bru carnival. Did you go out today looking for a 350/1 shot so you could?

I get you're pissed off, as I'm sure most folk would be, but really?

Louden

do u think seriously this is fair odds, for specific to win with 3 goals, when they DUPED us all into betting a fortune? if halliday scored the penalty would i be entitldd to my money back since it was incorrect betting odds

no real i want to take my boy to irn bru carnival snd cannae afford to now csuse of ladbrokes!!!

The 20 quid you spent on the bet would have been enough to take him to the carnival.

As others have said the odds are ridiculous for that bet and it is hard to believe that 12 guys took them without thinking it was too good to be true.

If the original price was 7/2 then a winning bet would get 350% of your stake as winnings. That is the only way I could understand the mistake but 350% is a big difference from 350/1.

I don't think you have any chance of getting anything better than 4/1 but the one thing they don't like is bad publicity, any bad publicity.

Where did the initial price come from and why did she phone her boss for clarification?

Good luck with your efforts.

The 20 quid you spent on the bet would have been enough to take him to the carnival.

its kool mate ive raided the weans piggy bank ill get his carnival tickets aff that and hopefully ill get a fiver on the 3.05pm wae the change in there too

yees are all a bit serious the night are u no!

its kool mate ive raided the weans piggy bank ill get his carnival tickets aff that and hopefully ill get a fiver on the 3.05pm wae the change in there too

yees are all a bit serious the night are u no!

think those bastards in ladbrokes have broke your keyboard too , betting section would be far busier if everybody made a thread every time they lost a coupon

Literally nothing you can do other than threatening to shame them by going to the papers/social media. Legally bookies can literally just tell you to fuck off and not pay if they want. Also, anyone that's ever made a bet on the football would be able to realise 350/1 on that bet is obviously a mistake.

People saying you're entitled to the full amount are lying to you just to wind you up sadly