Just Watching Our Main "rivals"

Redwhiteandblue

They are both honking!! We shouldn't be bragging about beating this mince. Falkirk have probably just been the better team. They has a 30 yarder that was close and a free strike in the box that stung the keepers gloves and won them a corner near the end, but if this game continues in this way, it's going to be 0-0 or someone will win by one goal.

I seen someone (can't remember the poster) on here saying that Hivs and Falkirk aren't far behind Hertz and Scaberdeen. From what I have seen, and I have watched both games, Hivs and Falkirk are miles off that standard. Hertz and the sheep would destroy these two. Hertz would walk over both these teams.

Unless we buy at least a couple of big guys for midfield and a battering ram number 9 we will also struggle against Hertz.

Anyway, away back to watch our biggest threat

They are both honking!! We shouldn't be bragging about beating this mince. Falkirk have probably just been the better team. They has a 30 yarder that was close and a free strike in the box that stung the keepers gloves and won them a corner near the end, but if this game continues in this way, it's going to be 0-0 or someone will win by one goal.

I seen someone (can't remember the poster) on here saying that Hivs and Falkirk aren't far behind Hertz and Scaberdeen. From what I have seen, and I have watched both games, Hivs and Falkirk are miles off that standard. Hertz and the sheep would destroy these two. Hertz would walk over both these teams.

Unless we buy at least a couple of big guys for midfield and a battering ram number 9 we will also struggle against Hertz.

Anyway, away back to watch our biggest threat

Hibs knocked Aberdeen out the cup,I'd personally rate Hibs a top 6 side tbh Rangers,Celtic,Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs then the rest are pretty poor tbh Falkrk probably on a par with the rest of them

Been total dross. Falkirk have done well to be up near us to be fair but Hivs are honking,and have stayed close to us due to some dodgy ref calls and lucky wins. Would like Falkirk to come up via the play offs with Hivs and Joseph Merrick staying put and scumdee coming down to join them. That would be delightful :clap:

:ot: Crooks is 6'3 and can play in defence, midfield, or attack. He has more physicality than anyone at Hearts or Aberdeen, just like I am certain Waggy, Windass & Kiernan also do.

I think people calling for a 'battering ram' CF should realise that, a battering ram stops our front 3 being very fluid (imagine having Sandaza this season, would have scored but the quality of our attack would be reduced, our CF's need to be able to hold the ball up, create space & pass, they need to be able to close down too like Waggy, so they fit in with our playstyle..) [which is a signature of our attack now]. I think that we have enough height/brawn to score a header into any team from corners, defend corners and not be outmuscled all over the field, that's enough for me.

I disagree about Hibs. They are a decent side, and probably have the quality of player to be in the top division. We are still far better than them though, and have a better manager. They are screwed if they don't go up this year though, as their squad is massive and their attendances are terrible. Paying Stokes' wages wont help either, and they are gambling that he is going to get them up.

Falkirk are poor though. They have one or two OK players but lack depth and fitness. They were lucky to win against us, we had a poor day and their keeper played a blinder.

Hibs knocked Aberdeen out the cup,I'd personally rate Hibs a top 6 side tbh Rangers,Celtic,Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs then the rest are pretty poor tbh Falkrk probably on a par with the rest of them

Morton knocked sellic out the cup last season. Does that make them a top 2 team?

You can't use cup games for judgement. The under dog always play better than they usually do and the better team usually don't play to their full potential.

We we get promoted, there will be us, THEM, Hertz and the sheep in the top 4 spots. That leaves 7 teams Hivs need to be consistently better than. They very well might be, with a couple of additional players and being able to hold on to their best players. Right now though, I don't think they are.

They probably should've beaten Falkirk - the penalty that wasn't giving would have made the game play out differently, but they had other chances and never finished them.

Those who were saying we should go for Cummings - get a grip. He's hivs level, not Rangers level.

Morton knocked sellic out the cup last season. Does that make them a top 2 team?

You can't use cup games for judgement. The under dog always play better than they usually do and the better team usually don't play to their full potential.

We we get promoted, there will be us, THEM, Hertz and the sheep in the top 4 spots. That leaves 7 teams Hivs need to be consistently better than. They very well might be, with a couple of additional players and being able to hold on to their best players. Right now though, I don't think they are.

They probably should've beaten Falkirk - the penalty that wasn't giving would have made the game play out differently, but they had other chances and never finished them.

Those who were saying we should go for Cummings - get a grip. He's hivs level, not Rangers level.

Was Kevin Thomson "Hibs level"?

Was Steven Whittaker "Hibs level"?

Was Andy Goram "Hibs level"?

Believe it or not, players can't help it where they make their break through.

Battering ram of a forward? Jon Daly? Kevin Kyle? Football has moved on since the 1980's

NAW, I was thinking more of the Dado Prso type striker.

I'm not talking about a team of giants, just a couple of players, preferably the spine of our team to be big commanding players. Just look at the state of some of our corners, some have went back to the halfway line Ffs.