Just Watching Our Main "rivals"

I think having good runs against inferior opposition in the championship have give hertz and hivs some confidence and belief.

I think Hertz have just gotten themselves a good professional manager and a plan that is working for them. Hivs went on a good run, but that looks like it's conning to an end.

I can't see us losing top spot in the league for even one game until the end of the season now tbh. No one below us is good enough. We will probably go on another 9 or 10 game winning streak now. Hertz done it last season, no reason why we can't.

Warburton is in paper stating that it is not important that we have a smallish team but you say we need 2 large midfielders and huge forward so I bow to your superior knowledge!!

Of course he is going to say that in public. He will know that we need to add height to our squad though. I guarantee he will buy players that are 6ft plus, just 2 or 3 though.

In a way it's a shame (but not really) that all three teams can't go up because it would undoubtedly improve the top league. Us, Hibs and Falkirk are better than bottom six in spl. At least one of the three will definitely stay down though.

Was Kevin Thomson "Hibs level"?

Was Steven Whittaker "Hibs level"?

Was Andy Goram "Hibs level"?

Believe it or not, players can't help it where they make their break through.

Werent they all playing in the SPL at the time top division not championship the team at that time is and was better than hivs now.

In a way it's a shame (but not really) that all three teams can't go up because it would undoubtedly improve the top league. Us, Hibs and Falkirk are better than bottom six in spl. At least one of the three will definitely stay down though.

The top two will definitely go up, if Dundee Hivs finish bottom. Reconstruction will make sure of that.

Where they where all playing in the SPL at the time top division not championship the team at that time is and was better than hivs now.

That's a mental attitude look at Andy Robertson how many millions is he worth now and was playing at a far lower level than Hibs not so long ago,Jamie Vardy,Ian Wright,Stuart Pearce,Chris Smalling,Adam Lallana,Ricky Lambert ring any bells? all played at a lower level than Hibs

That's why they left. Cummings isn't good enough to be a first pick in an SPL winning team.

I know I'm in the minority but I disagree. I would actually be more excited if Cummings was coming to us than O'Halloren. Maybe it's because I've seen Cummings play more but I actually rate him.

I know I'm in the minority but I disagree. I would actually be more excited if Cummings was coming to us than O'Halloren. Maybe it's because I've seen Cummings play more but I actually rate him.

I would agree that O'Halloren isn't as good as Cummings. I don't want either of them at our club. Neither are good enough.

I would agree that O'Halloren isn't as good as Cummings. I don't want either of them at our club. Neither are good enough.

Cummings over Paddy fucking Maguire or whatever his name is every day of the week,not a chance Hibs would sell to us tho and they'd demand over a million I'd expect him to be down south in the summer

That's a mental attitude look at Andy Robertson how many millions is he worth now and was playing at a far lower level than Hibs not so long ago,Jamie Vardy,Ian Wright,Stuart Pearce,Chris Smalling,Adam Lallana,Ricky Lambert ring any bells? all played at a lower level than Hibs

As far as footballing careers go there is no level lower than hibs :pipe:

I often thought that Hearts had an easy time of it in the Championship last season, less of a "circus" when they turned up at away grounds. When we arrive at an away ground, every opposition player is hyped up and playing a Cup final (to use a cliché) generally to a full crowd and live TV. There was less opposition pressure on the Hearts players, and I see the same thing happening to Hibs at the moment. It will take a couple of bad results for hibs to fade away, this was one of them.

NAW, I was thinking more of the Dado Prso type striker.

I'm not talking about a team of giants, just a couple of players, preferably the spine of our team to be big commanding players. Just look at the state of some of our corners, some have went back to the halfway line Ffs.

Weve consistently scored from short corners this season, so that arguments invalid.

Werent they all playing in the SPL at the time top division not championship the team at that time is and was better than hivs now.

Frank Sauzee and Russell Latapy both played in the league below the Spl.

Both were fantastic players,please don't use the Spl as a barometer for a players quality as you are kidding yourself on.

We're easily one of the best teams in Scotland. I have no doubt that we'd score score plenty of goals against the tims, hearts etc but I'm not too sure if we have the quality at the back to stop goals against.

Saying that, it would be interesting to see how well we keep possession when playing teams that aren't happy letting us have it.

I know. But it's still frustrating seeing a corner going all the way back to the halfway line and nothing coming from it.

Understand what you mean mate, although, I feel in my view that short corners usually provide more of a goal threat and an easier chance to score for us, and also always look more exciting to watch.

Against Livi our first goal came from a short corner. I'm not sure how many we have scored from short corners already this season (compared to our corners last season), but I'm sure it will be more goals from corners this season obviously & I think short corners are the most effective for our playstyle. Our players do that sort of close control and tight passing every day in training etc, other teams don't as much and can't keep up with our level of play and directness every time we do a short corner.

The short corners must put fear into our opposition every time we get a corner as well, as the opposition defenders & team know that if they make one mistake it is certain to be a goal or penalty. If I was a Morton defender for example I would be absolutely dreading the short corners especially at 70 minutes onwards as there is a more than 50/50 chance Barrie McKay and whoever he passes to is going to beat them from the short corner and get into the box.