*** The Official Morton Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

GlasgowsBlue

18 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Completely forgot about that. 

What's your feeling on the draw with Morton? 

Those dropped points annoyed me because after going ahead after 2 minutes we should have wiped the floor with them with all the possession we had, but we fart arsed around with short passes going nowhere as soon as we got near their box, but all credit to Morton for getting back in numbers and not giving us room. They then hit us on the break and Tavernier fucked up.

Then Kiernan fucked up getting skinned by McCluskey and we were looking at a defeat until a good bit of play by Wallace allowed big Waggy to get us a point. I thought Morton deserved something out of that game in the end.

15 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Oxley & Rogers only did what they are paid to do, just as Eddie Connachan did in 1961. Agree that Livingston only kicked anything that moved but Rangers' players have had to put up with that for as long as I can remember. Agree about the Falkirk penalty but we still had 87 minutes to correct that . The point is that we waste too many scoring opportunities and, if we do not put them away, we do not deserve to win. Did not imply that you did not know the object of the game so apologise for that. I was trying to emphasise the point about the missed chances.

You won't get any arguments from me about fucking up scoring opportunities,Corky. I've been going to Ibrox since 1953 and I've never seen a Rangers team waste so many chances. Can you imagine how many goals we would score if we had a Jimmy Millar, Jim Forrest, Ally McCoist type player in the current line-up?

BTW! No need to apologise,mate! I knew what you were stressing and you are correct. :pipe:

9 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Those dropped points annoyed me because after going ahead after 2 minutes we should have wiped the floor with them with all the possession we had, but we fart arsed around with short passes going nowhere as soon as we got near their box, but all credit to Morton for getting back in numbers and not giving us room. They then hit us on the break and Tavernier fucked up.

Then Kiernan fucked up getting skinned by McCluskey and we were looking at a defeat until a good bit of play by Wallace allowed big Waggy to get us a point. I thought Morton deserved something out of that game in the end.

I'd been in me bed no well and i woke up, turned on my PC, found a livestream just in the nick of time to see that. and considering Kiernan is my favorite player thenow, I was pretty fucking gutted 

24 minutes ago, allgers said:

I think we have learned from these games, MW has made the required tweaks and things look a lot fresher. Refs had a lot of bearing on these games but they never stopped us scoring.

No! In the majority of the case the referees didn't stop us from hitting the back of the net, but in these three particular games the referee changed the shape of the game in one way or another. There are many things that can cause players or a team to suddenly lose form and get things wrong; things that might even occur off the field that the fans don't know about, especially when the players are young lads.

The coaching staff have tightened our shape at the back a bit,which is pleasing, but our shots/goals ratio is insane.

11 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd been in me bed no well and i woke up, turned on my PC, found a livestream just in the nick of time to see that. and considering Kiernan is my favorite player thenow, I was pretty fucking gutted 

Certainly not a good sight to see for a man sick in bed :anguish: I really don't know what the fuck Kiernan was thinking of because that was near criminal for a central defender of his ability. A big hoof up the park from the 'keeper, a flick on and he fucked it. That's amateur stuff to say the least.

Just drove by the ground there, theyve closed the road alongside the stadium next to where the buses park, they werent letting Rangers fans past that point at the last game either, just a heads up if anyones planning to try and get up that way to the cargo shop or the pub before the game.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

Certainly not a good sight to see for a man sick in bed :anguish: I really don't know what the fuck Kiernan was thinking of because that was near criminal for a central defender of his ability. A big hoof up the park from the 'keeper, a flick on and he fucked it. That's amateur stuff to say the least.

RFC Robertson I'm with you on Keirnan, I think he's a smashing big player and can hit a lovely pass. Like many defenders he only tends to get noticed when he makes  a mistake. Most of the game he's coped well then get caught out. Like goalies nobody remembers the great saves but through the legs once and it lives on for months in the minds of some fans. Thought you were a tad harsh Ozblue. Forwards can fuck up as many chances as they like, as long as they score the winner all is forgiven. I reckon Duffy'll be serving up the same again...his fastest forwards ready to chase down everything to try to force a mistake. I reckon a few of the fodder are trying this now: blueprint was St Johnstone game and, dare I mention, O'Halloran.