Billy Davies new Killie manager?

Mor3los_1

Kilmarnock will hold talks with Billy Davies in the next 48 hours with a view to making him their new manager.

The Rugby Park side have targeted the former Motherwell, Preston, Derby and Nottingham Forest boss to replace Gary Locke, who resigned after Saturday's home defeat by Hamilton.

Davies has been out of management since being sacked by Forest in March 2014.

The 51-year-old's first game in charge could be the Scottish Cup tie with Rangers at Ibrox on Saturday.

Kilmarnock, who are second bottom of the Scottish Premiership, have put Lee McCulloch in temporary charge.

The former Rangers defender, who joined the Rugby Park club as a player and first-team coach in the summer, will be helped by assistant manager Peter Leven and youth coach Alan Robertson.

Kilmarnock have won only two of their last 13 Premiership matches - losing 5-1 to bottom side Dundee United and 1-0 to Hamilton in consecutive weeks - and have the threat of relegation hanging over them for the third successive season.

They have escaped the previous two years but would face a play-off against the runners-up from the Championship if their situation remains the same.

The Kilmarnock board believe an experienced manager like Davies would enhance their chances of avoiding that possibility.

What an appt for Killie that would be!

I hope he does get it, I want whoever plays Hibs in the playoffs to beat them so strengthen by all means Killie!

However, I am always wary playing teams with new managers so it might make next weeks task versus them that bit harder as their players will all be trying to prove a point. 

Oh how the great have fallen. He was in contention as a possible Rangers manager at one time.

Probably the time when McCoist was in charge.

I don't think he's bad, but not to have worked since 2014 says that others think differently from me.