*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

3 points move on... How did MOH look? Also on the live text thingy Harry Forrester had a couple of shots, how did he play?

Not a great deal from MOH got himself involved as best,Forrester bit livier down our left did ok hopefully more to come from him

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

>>It has been referred to earlier as a 'great win'.

By who? It was a good result, but not a 'great win'

>>Who raised the 'played great' bit?

You said "Seriously wonder about the credentials of those who think 1-0 at Raith is great as well!".

>>Who's ranting - apart from you?

Me ranting? Puhleeeeeze.

With regard to your question :- RonnieMCA or whatever his name was having a good go at it earlier, as well as a number of others who I can't be bothered to track down.

This forum is boom or bust at times and it drives me nuts.

It does go from one extreme to another a bit! ?

I think most people seem quite happy with the first half, but, reasonably, concerned that we didn't follow through in the second.

I didn't think that too many of us were headed for the bridge, but maybe some were feeling it more than others!

I'd take that as a steady average!

3 points that'll do nicely.(tu)
I couldn't believe how easy it was in the first half as Raith Rovers tried to emulate Falkirk but just weren't in the same class, their manager must have booted their arses at half time because second half they were more up for it and tried to close us down as they chased every ball resulting in them having a lot more of the play.
I thought Harry Forrester was starting to look as if he was more match fit and if he continues to improve like that with each game he could develop into another established first team regular.

1 minute ago, allcinaye said:

3 points that'll do nicely.(tu)
I couldn't believe how easy it was in the first half as Raith Rovers tried to emulate Falkirk but just weren't in the same class, their manager must have booted their arses at half time because second half they were more up for it and tried to close us down as they chased every ball resulting in them having a lot more of the play.
I thought Harry Forrester was starting to look as if he was more match fit and if he continues to improve like that with each game he could develop into another established first team regular.

Its pretty much the same story with most teams.They try and contain and then their plan goes to fuck the minute we score.Swiftly followed by trying to get a foot back in the game and eventually running out of puff.

Just back from the game. Not the best performance but it's the 3 points that matter tonight.

It was good to see O'Halloran get on, shame he didn't get any chances. Forrester looked good when he came on, I'd be tempted to start him on Saturday. Honourable mentions for Foderingham and Kiernan tonight as well. 

Still 8 points clear :D 

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I seriously doubt whether some on this thread are actually Rangers fans.

We struggled in the second half, compared to the first, but it wasn't as if Raith were running all over us.

We get the same posters after a narrow win or draw saying how terrible we are, how we'd be destroyed in the top league. Well, we are currently 8 points clear and completed bossed the first half of the match. Anyone would think these fans want to have something to moan about.

Onwards and upwards as they used to say in the Boardroom section.

BT only thing I'd disagree with there is that many of the moaners do not wait till we win, lose or draw many start moaning about five minutes after kick off.  Still three points and anticipate winning against Killie at a packed Ibrox.

I would be tempted to put mckay in Zelalems place as a CAM and play forrester as the left winger against killie as I honestly dont rate zelalem at all. I thought he would have been much better than what he has shown given all the hype but he has been completely dissapointing.

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I've been a fan of Zelalem since the outset but I'm beginning to grow weary of him just like everyone else. Becoming very predictable in everything he does.

Sort of see where you're coming from, although he had a brilliant first time flick to Waghorn in the first half which we should have scored from. If that had went in we would all have been signing his praises, small margins and all that. Apart from that he was pretty average.

I do think he is slowly getting into it but I'm annoyed that we are bringing on another club's player.  Does anybody here really think that, given the same game time, we would have got less out of Thompson than the contribution from GZ?

Unless we are going to have GZ for next season I guess. 

First half was good, looked dangerous and controlled the game, 2nd half was really poor, credit Raith for getting back in the game, but we never really got going, harder for Forrester, MOH to get involved when the team wasn't really performing.

Good to see us hold on for a hard fought win