new spfl director

What in the name of science are they playing at? :lol: 

The SPFL has today announced that Karyn McCluskey has been appointed to its Board in a non-executive director role.

Karyn, director with the Scottish Violence Reduction Unit, takes up the unpaid post with immediate effect and will be performing the role in her own time. She joins the SPFL Board currently comprising chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Ralph Topping, Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Ken Ferguson (Brechin City).

As well as her current position, Karyn has also worked in the National Health Service and Her Majesty's Prisons, as well as in Africa. She has a BSc and MSc in Psychology, is an Honorary Lecturer at the University of Glasgow and a Fellow by distinction of the Faculty of Public Health.

On her appointment to the role Karyn said: “I'm so delighted to have this opportunity to play a part in the SPFL. I work with hundreds of children, many of whom love playing and watching football; their lives are often shaped by what they see on the pitch.

"I want them to be able to go to watch a game and, win or lose, know that sport is a great thing to take part in and watch. So I have accepted this role on their behalf. My wish is that we allow them to remain children as long as possible free from racism, sexism and violence in every area of their lives. I hope we can enable them to enjoy becoming the next players and supporters of football clubs over the coming decades.

“I don't own a football club or claim any expert knowledge about the game itself, what I do know about is changing behaviour for the better. I've worked in reducing all forms of violence across Scotland for nearly 11 years. I know what damage a small number of people can cause. I know it's serious. But football has been transformed from where it was decades ago, thanks to everyone's efforts.

"I think we often forget just how much has been achieved. I hope I can help play my part in those ongoing efforts to ensure success in the coming decades. We need to focus on the assets we have in Scotland.  Let's be proud of the progress that's been made but never be complacent that it's enough.”

SPFL chairman Ralph Topping added: “We are delighted to welcome Karyn to the Board as an independent director. 

“Karyn brings with her a wide range of skills, experience and expertise, together with a strong independent mind set. Her time in the public sector has seen her work closely with government and in many communities in Scotland, which we believe will be of benefit to the SPFL Board and our member clubs across a wide range of current and future activities.”

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/karyn-mccluskey-joins-spfl-board/

"“I don't own a football club or claim any expert knowledge about the game itself, what I do know about is changing behaviour for the better. I've worked in reducing all forms of violence across Scotland for nearly 11 years."

You would have had some fucking amount of domestics yesterday hen let me tell you :lol: 

whats she gibbering on about violence for? what violence is there in Scottish football nowadays? Whats she gibbering on about children for? does she realize that parents accompany children and they decide what their kids should and should not be subject to?

What a strange appointment by a footballing body.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

whats she gibbering on about violence for? what violence is there in Scottish football nowadays? Whats she gibbering on about children for? does she realize that parents accompany children and they decide what their kids should and should not be subject to?

What a strange appointment by a footballing body.

If you told somebody in England about this they'd think you were taking the piss.....

The violence thing is a red herring.   the buzz word in that article is racism ( aka the big bad Rangers saying bad things about the kaffliks)

The cynic in me thinks she will spend a month in the post then blame Rangers fans for the problems in Scottish football.   Ban a few more songs, and generally pander to the taigs.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

The violence thing is a red herring.   the buzz word in that article is racism ( aka the big bad Rangers saying bad things about the kaffliks)

The cynic in me thinks she will spend a month in the post then blame Rangers fans for the problems in Scottish football.   Ban a few more songs, and generally pander to the taigs.

And then if we speak out against her we'll be branded sexists :lol: 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

She doesn't mention sectarianism funnily enough and I cant remember the last incident of actual racism in Scottish football. She has accepted the role on behalf of "the children". It just sounds a load of utter rubbish.

Another worrying statement.

We do NOT have a football hooligan problem in Scotland, well not that I know of or can find as the Home Office only maintain stat's for England and and wales where the last reported figures were 2, 273 for season 2013/14 a reported 7% decrease from the previous season. They did not report how many fans through the gates for the season,

In Scotland we have a reported. 2 million fans per season, but as to how many arrests we do not know as the Scottish Government do not maintain an equivalent record according to the Home Office report (and I cant find any on google) and for the life of me I can't think as to why not, NOT!

If we factored down using a Scotland/England population ratio by 10, then we might have a figure of 227 arrests per our 2 million fans. Which would be less than a good weekend in Glasgow (only joking Glasgow!).

So are we looking at another round of demonisation of us by a newcomer with a fresh pair of eyes, where this is no problem, other than being politically motivated by a female pygmy going by the name of Nicky over a glass of wine with Liewell and Rhegan and make sure there is one and for it to lie at our door?

Apart from the usual diatribe in the mhedia levelled at us about sectarian singing, there is very little in the mhedia about a hooligan problem in general, which does also suggest that there isn't one, as the mhedia would already be all over it and no doubt blaming us.

A more insidious nepotistic bunch of incompetent self serving bigoted cunts you will never meet.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

whats she gibbering on about violence for? what violence is there in Scottish football nowadays? Whats she gibbering on about children for?

I think her name points us in that direction, there would have been loads of it yesterday.

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Even the 'shame game' that started all this, really...... it was a heated derby match, that wasn't even that bad. 

This! It wasn't the worst by a long margin. You'd almost think these plans had been hatched long ago and the powers that be were just waiting for a flimsy excuse to roll them out.