Aberdeen fans last ni

14 minutes ago, B1872 said:

All we ask for is a level playing field though. If Bears are being jailed, losing their jobs or banned from attending matches and the club are being Investigated for the fans using the word 'f****n' then surely it's not too much to ask that other clubs and supporters are treated the same way?

its not about wether you're bothered or not by the word h** it's more to do with out club and supporters being treated equally!

How about nobody gets jailed for singing daft songs? That would be a level playing field.

fc,550x550,black.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

I agree that we should be aloud to sing whet we like,. But next time it's us we are getting hammered. We need to start pointing the finger at others at to the media and Scotland it all down to big bad Rangers

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

All we ask for is a level playing field though. If Bears are being jailed, losing their jobs or banned from attending matches and the club are being Investigated for the fans using the word 'f****n' then surely it's not too much to ask that other clubs and supporters are treated the same way?

its not about wether you're bothered or not by the word h** it's more to do with out club and supporters being treated equally!

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

No one should be jailed for sining, end of.

However, if we remain silent, the publicity only shows that it's us and it's no wonder the public at large go with this and gives the hating politicos, footballing authorities, the mhedia and plod all the ammo they need in their agenda against us.

We need balanced reporting and remaing silent is no strategy in achieving this. In fact, it only makes us look like the cap fits and guilty as charged.

These three posts sum it up for me, no one wants anyone arrested or jailed for singing songs, but this law has to be equal across all clubs and fans IMO. 

45 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

How about nobody gets jailed for singing daft songs? That would be a level playing field.

fc,550x550,black.jpg

In a perfect world that's the case! However there is only one set of fans being jailed for singing.

Hi there.

As I'm sure you're aware the use of the word "h**" is deemed a sectarian term by your charity, Nil by Mouth. 
Interestingly not one media outlet reported the abusive chanting directed towards Celtic player, Scott Allan by Aberdeen fans at last nights match at Pittodrie. 
If you tuned in you can clearly here "Scott Allan we know you're a h**". A sectarian and derogatory term used to describe Rangers fans. 
I was just wondering if anything will be done about this as it seems there is a certain double standards when it comes to what is deemed sectarian and what is not deemed sectarian from certain parts of society. I have attached a glossary of terms from the action of sectarianism website, another reminder that h** is indeed a sectarian slur. 

Thanks for your time.

https://www.actiononsectarianism.info/aos-network/aos-network-library/research-documents?download=111:sectarianism-glossary-of-terms

I await a reply which consists of eh but eh but.

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Nail on head.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I get where you are coming from mate,we are being targetted,of that there is no doubt.

But No football fan should face jail for singing a song and the consequences that incurs.

I was actually laughing when the sheep started singing it and the lack of response from the bheggars proved they were squirming,the same fans who gloated over signing the traitor and the same fans who try to point score because some of our new players tweeted about them before haha,clowns

I found it funny also, but with it being against this new stupid law, and live on tv's yet not a word about it anywhere.

They talk about wasting 4 million of tax payers money when councils are struggling throughout Scotland.

If you ask about the Motherwell game last season the spfl reply " It's still ongoing". What the hell is that meant to mean? This game happened 8 months ago yet nothing has happened.

Now if the second leg was at Ibrox and we behaved like that how many would lose their season smartcard? 

We as a club would have been forced into action from the press, police, mp's and every non Rangers fan on social media.

I am not in favour of this stupid law, but just want to highlight the bigotory aimed at our club and fans yet no one dare comment on it.  

The question we should be is asking is why is the law not being applied evenly? Or is it mainly aimed at law abiding Rangers fans who turn up to Ibrox and follow Rangers away?

5 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I know exactly what you meant mate, which is why mines was just a generic statement.

I do hate the mock offended shite now and the fact folk are ending up jailed or losing jobs thanks to words at a game.

You could say Allan was singled out last night if you want to go down that route which would technically make it a hate crime.

But for me I'd rather fuck all was done about it

Here Here.

I hate the fact that Rangers fans generally tend to be the ones singled out. Obviously saying the word 'Fenian' is a worse crime than saying the word 'h**'. At the end of the day, they're f'king words, and a word never physically hurt anyone.

I'd much rather have a level playing field where you could sit & sing what you wanted at a football match. You know, just like we did in the 70's/80's/90's before the PC brigade were born.

12 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I found it funny also, but with it being against this new stupid law, and live on tv's yet not a word about it anywhere.

They talk about wasting 4 million of tax payers money when councils are struggling throughout Scotland.

If you ask about the Motherwell game last season the spfl reply " It's still ongoing". What the hell is that meant to mean? This game happened 8 months ago yet nothing has happened.

Now if the second leg was at Ibrox and we behaved like that how many would lose their season smartcard? 

We as a club would have been forced into action from the press, police, mp's and every non Rangers fan on social media.

I am not in favour of this stupid law, but just want to highlight the bigotory aimed at our club and fans yet no one dare comment on it.  

The question we should be is asking is why is the law not being applied evenly? Or is it mainly aimed at law abiding Rangers fans who turn up to Ibrox and follow Rangers away?

I get everything you are saying mate,as much as i don't agree with the laws regarding songs,if it's to remain in place then the law should be applied evenly to ALL teams.

The Motherwell incident imo was much worse than singing a few songs,the could have started some serious trouble that day which could have resulted in serious injury if the bears tried to rush forward to attack.

We should be commended for our restraint that day.

25 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

A few people on here are starting to resemble their favourite ex-Sunday Herald columnists. 

This is one stupid law that no one who has posted agrees with, BUT it is a law and should be administered in an even handed way.

At the moment that does not seem to be happening, so C  B started a thread saying that is wrong and Rangers fans should complain. I feel that is the only way to highlight the double standards and have supported his point of view. 

What do you think should be done ? 

7 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Tell me something I don't know, but under today's law it's illegal,. If a Rangers fans chanting something then he's jailed.

So are you happy that This will be swept under the carpet?   And people wonder why it's always us?

Because we as fans do not fight for our rights and we are easy targets.

Just look at the Motherwell game at fir park for example. Sweep sweep  . 

Well give pc plod a ring and report it, instead of coming on and bitching about it. If names hurt you like being called a h** then maybe football ain't for you 

Don't get me wrong, i am in no way offended by that but due to the way things are unevenly reported / dealt with in Scotland in regards to 'offensive' chants at football id like someone to speak up with a platform.

It points out the ridiculousness of the faux outrage in this country, i couldn't care less if they sang that, I've heard far worse and been called far worse but in that regard its a football match, it's part of fan culture and if you compare this to the issue with our fans vs hibs, a sensible head would scrap the offensive behaviour at football act and start again. 

Target real sectarianism in Scotland, not this PC pish peddled by the offended by everything brigade.

8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

No one should be jailed for sining, end of.

However, if we remain silent, the publicity only shows that it's us and it's no wonder the public at large go with this and gives the hating politicos, footballing authorities, the mhedia and plod all the ammo they need in their agenda against us.

We need balanced reporting and remaing silent is no strategy in achieving this. In fact, it only makes us look like the cap fits and guilty as charged.

bang fuckin on 

10 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Now I do not want to be sticking up for Scott Allen, but when he came on you could here your only a h** Scott Alan your only a h**, This could be heard all around and continued while he was on the park.

Police Scotland said nothing,  Why? Keith Jackson report in the Daily rebel says nothing on this why?

Again we as a race are subject to torrent abuse, only surprisingly not from the Celtic fans,

Now the word h** is sectarian as Nil by mouth will tell you, Will we be getting a statement from Nil by mouth about this abuse ?  How about the SFA or the SPFL?  How about any paper reporting this?

We as fans must complain collectively and fight smart, If this was my beloved Rangers then we would be hung, drawn and quartered and our fans deemed like scum.

Yet it not the mighty Rangers and their fans,. This just shows the level of bigotory aimed towards our club regarding TBB.

This law is either equal for all as at the moment it only really targets one club and that's us, TBB is now deemed offensive as it can't come under the sectarian act, Why? Because the Catholics now claim the word Fenian as now if a Protestant you can no longer be one , Why? Because they told us so and made up a law to ban it.

Now I know some fans might find this petty, but we need to start fighting back as every and I mean every club should be treated fairly, Lets hope police Scotland are studying footage from the game and arrests are made.

Time for us fans to pick up the phone to Mr Jackson, the Sfa and the Spfl to make sure this is not swept under the carpet and at the same time ask why no mention or statement regarding last night

Lets be honest that's what's going to happen unless we the fan pressure our club to make a statement about the abuse aimed towards us when we were not even playing, say we are not the only club not with a problem as highlighted last night, then ask why no one has done anything regarding these matters or even mentioned it

Even last night it's all about the Rangers, they all know we are coming and not to make up the fucking numbers..

You're right. The club is best placed to bring an end to the sectarian myth.

Football in general and us in particular are not the cause of social ills. We just happen to suit the haters agenda and they are making sure the sectarian brush stays in our hands. I can only imagine as to what their objective is in this, but it won't be to our benefit that's for sure. Are the Scottish government  intent on turning the country into a NI for some warped sense of self importance or just down right bigotry? They certainly seem intent in making a problem when there isn't one.

In general I can see no hooligan nor sectarian problem in football. Yes there are a mindless minority at all clubs and a very small minority at that, but only ours appear to be targeted and blown out of all proportion to suit agendas. On the ground, there is absolutely no comparison with the 60's and 70's in any shape or form, but the way the mhedia and the politicos go on about it these days, you'd believe there was a civil war going on and we are the aggressors.

It needs brought to a head and our Club are best placed to this.

A guy phoned clyde about this tonight about half 6 and was asking what set of fans were guilty of it and im sure gerry said "oh were not gonna talk about that but it was aberdeen fans referring too allan being a rangers fan" or something like that  , i was out the car just after it so dont know if it was brought up later in the show 

39 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

A guy phoned clyde about this tonight about half 6 and was asking what set of fans were guilty of it and im sure gerry said "oh were not gonna talk about that but it was aberdeen fans referring too allan being a rangers fan" or something like that  , i was out the car just after it so dont know if it was brought up later in the show 

Didn't listen in, but true to form, as it wasn't us.

I don't feel offended by the use of the word h**. 

I understand why some Bears are angry about all this shit, but if you use sectarian language, then when you're in court, you plead guilty, you may very well get sent down.

I say to anyone arrested for sectarian language, plead not guilty, then let them prove it.

I don't believe in any Gods, does that mean I can't be charged with this crazy law?

We need just one person to challenge this, and win, for the legislation to be not worth the paper it's printed on. (I think?)

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I don't feel offended by the use of the word h**. 

I understand why some Bears are angry about all this shit, but if you use sectarian language, then when you're in court, you plead guilty, you may very well get sent down.

I say to anyone arrested for sectarian language, plead not guilty, then let them prove it.

I don't believe in any Gods, does that mean I can't be charged with this crazy law?

We need just one person to challenge this, and win, for the legislation to be not worth the paper it's printed on. (I think?)

I know what you`re saying mate but I don`t think the legislation works like that. If the "sectarian" words are deemed offensive by a "reasonable" person then you may be charged.

The following if taken from the Lord Advocate's Guidelines relating to police application of this legislation:

http://www.copfs.gov.uk/images/Documents/Prosecution_Policy_Guidance/Lord_Advocates_Guidelines/Lord%20Advocates%20Guidlines%20-%20Offensive%20Behaviour%20at%20Football%20and%20Threatening%20Communications%20Scotland%20Act%202012.pdf

"A person commits an offence if they engage in behaviour of the kind listed below in relation to a regulated football match and which is likely to incite public disorder:

• Expressing hatred of, or stirring up hatred against an individual or group of persons based on their membership (or presumed membership) of a religious group, a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation, a group defined by reference to colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability;

• Behaviour that is motivated (wholly or partly) by hatred of such a group;

• Behaviour that is threatening; or

• Other behaviour that a reasonable person would consider offensive

The offence can be committed:

(a) at the ground where a regulated football match is being held, on the day on which it is being held;

(b) while entering or leaving (or trying to enter or leave) the ground where the match is held;

(c) on a journey to or from a football match;

(d) where behaviour is directed at, or engaged in together with, fans who are travelling on such a journey although they themselves are not travelling to the match

(e) in any place (other than domestic premises) at which such a match is being broadcast and on the way to and from that place"

The "h**" question is interesting as it appears that other fans are free to use this sectarian term without risk or threat of criminal charges. I know this fact has been put to FoCus and the Crown Office and the reply from the Crown Office was imo a disgrace.