What would you think a reasonable ST price rise for 2016/17?

JWAC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If it would encourage people to renew, I guess so. 

Not being a hero or anything, but I just don't feel I'd want that myself. I don't feel I need rewarding beyond the obvious. If others need that, then fair enough, but I don't really get it.

I'd rather just pay what I pay for all the things Rangers I get. As long as it goes to the club, of course...

It's not about needing it mate. It would just be a nice gesture to fans for their loyalty.

I get what you're saying but football is a customer reliant industry, even if for most of us it is a lifestyle, and it would make sense to keep your customers enthused.

If someone was demanding it from the club they'd get their baws booted on here, rightly so, but if it's affordable from the clubs point of view it would be a nice gesture.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

It's not about needing it mate. It would just be a nice gesture to fans for their loyalty.

I get what you're saying but football is a customer reliant industry, even if for most of us it is a lifestyle, and it would make sense to keep your customers enthused.

If someone was demanding it from the club they'd get their baws booted on here, rightly so, but if it's affordable from the clubs point of view it would be a nice gesture.

Yeah, I suppose it could strengthen the bond with the club.

I'd be so anal as to work out how much I was saving and spend it on something else Rangers though. :lol:

I really wish I was joking.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I suppose it could strengthen the bond with the club.

I'd be so anal as to work out how much I was saving and spend it on something else Rangers though. :lol:

I really wish I was joking.

How about a free burger with every £3.50 bun you buy?

:pipe:

Just now, AlBear85 said:

How about a free burger with every £3.50 bun you buy?

:pipe:

Can I have it on hotdogs instead? 

In which case we can call it a plan, and I'll officially feel valued, warm and decidedly fuzzy inside.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Can I have it on hotdogs instead? 

In which case we can call it a plan, and I'll officially feel valued, warm and decidedly fuzzy inside.

Bloody arseholes always needing appeased. Fine, you can have a hotdog instead. God sakes. :rolleyes:

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Bloody arseholes always needing appeased. Fine, you can have a hotdog instead. God sakes. :rolleyes:

:001::dioufcheer::001: Wooohooo!

Getting into this rewards shit. 

46 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

You're right and I agree, but it would be nice to look into some sort of loyalty scheme for those who renew every year. Even little things would be good like a free stadium tour, megastore discount etc.

We already have a loyalty scheme.  Boycott games and protest outside club shop and get free tickets for Bar72 or a seat in the directors box.

MW winning the championship this season and the SPL next will be reward enough for a majority of Bears.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

We already have a loyalty scheme.  Boycott games and protest outside club shop and get free tickets for Bar72 or a seat in the directors box.

MW winning the championship this season and the SPL next will be reward enough for a majority of Bears.

Just the second paragraph would have been enough. (tu)

Just now, jim white's a bear said:

So apart from hotdogs, medals of honour, free cup games (which is I admit a good idea based on what's been done before), 10% seems ok to most?

I'd actually prefer the sticker now.

Even a 25% rise would be fair enough, although I guess it would be closer to 10-15%. It's worth the money obviously considering you'll get to watch Rangers, McKay, Warburton, Waggy, Waldo, Tav, Holt, Kiernan, Fod, Wilson and everyone every 2nd week live in Ibrox. I think 10% could be a good amount, to try get 40k plus ST holders. I think good ST purchase incentives could be a free RangersTV subscription for 1 month for ST purchases, possibly some kind of match programme purchase in advance paying option for a discount to get them all posted to you, maybe even in a day or two advance of the match each time (?), also possibly signed (could be electronic signature(s)Willie Vass Print of Warburton & Weir, or Ibrox, or the whole Team, along with added to the clubs email subscription list etc (take it that's already an incentive) 

21 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Even a 25% rise would be fair enough, although I guess it would be closer to 10-15%. It's worth the money obviously considering you'll get to watch Rangers, McKay, Warburton, Waggy, Waldo, Tav, Holt, Kiernan, Fod, Wilson and everyone every 2nd week live in Ibrox. I think 10% could be a good amount, to try get 40k plus ST holders. I think good ST purchase incentives could be a free RangersTV subscription for 1 month for ST purchases, possibly some kind of match programme purchase in advance paying option for a discount to get them all posted to you, maybe even in a day or two advance of the match each time (?), also possibly signed (could be electronic signature(s)Willie Vass Print of Warburton & Weir, or Ibrox, or the whole Team, along with added to the clubs email subscription list etc (take it that's already an incentive) 

I'm not sure about 25%, possibly I'd agree for the more lucrative seats e.g in the SJ rear centre, Main rear centre etc

Just to get back to paying the same as we were 4 years ago would require an increase of almost 25% on our current price  (Copland Rear).  I do think that would be a mistake therefore I'd be inclined to go for 12.5% or thereabouts with a further increase next season.  We hadn't increased ST prices for a few years prior to admin if I recollect correctly.  Also, inflation (based on RPI ) in the last say 6 years has increased by approximately 20%.  I agree with those who suggest we lower at least some Club Deck prices to the same range as other stands.

For my seat to return to the same price as it was before the drop, it would need a 33% increase, but back then we were getting champions league football which was included, and it was already overpriced.

I would go for a 10% increase for 3 seasons running

50 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

For my seat to return to the same price as it was before the drop, it would need a 33% increase, but back then we were getting champions league football which was included, and it was already overpriced.

I would go for a 10% increase for 3 seasons running

Is that a Bar 72 ticket? My last season ticket the European games were extra.

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Funnily enough this happened tonight in Stuttgart.

5live had a Dortmund fan on this morning  and he said that while the tickets for standing we're cheap they weren't for seats - half of the seats at Dortmund cost about €60/game apparently.

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Germany & Spain are often cited as examples of low ST costs but folk oftenseem to forget the heavily subsidised costs via incredibly lucrative TV deals. 

ST's in Germany for the seated areas are expensive, it's the standing areas they are so cheap in, and areas behind the goals and in the top tiers etc.