***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

Scottish Championship.

Indodrill Stadium.

Saturday 13th of Feb 15:00

Back to League action after the cup, could this be a good time to rest Waghorn.

Kiernan is injured so Ball drops back to CB, Halliday back to DM.

Foderingham

Tavernier Ball Wilson Wallace.

Law Halliday Holt.

MOH Miller McKay.

4-0 to Rangers to open up an 11 point lead.

11/2/16 15:48

Just seen the press conference Waghorn didn't look like a man who was going to sit out the game Saturday, also seems Kiernan is fit.

16 minutes ago, allgers said:

91' GOAL! McHugh. 1-2. Gostomski spills a fizzing shot from Hippolyte and it's converted from close range.

This cost us in the U20's Falkirk game. Never saw this so might be a bit harsh.

It's a bit harsh when he saved our bacon on several occasions with some  heroic saves. Yes he made a mistake with the Hippolyte rocket, but he hasn't played a game since the end of the last season in Poland,so he would be a bit rusty at the moment.

No way should Foderingham be rested at this point in time. I would definitely put Gostomski on the bench instead of Bell,though.

10 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Cup games are when players should be rested, not league.

Think this would be the perfect game to start MOH, bench Waghorn and bring him on for Miller in the last half hour, he'll score for fun with fresh legs.

2 hours ago, DeanMK said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Gostomski getting a game. 

Nah. Wes has been one of our most consistent performers and the goalkeeper is the one position I wouldn't want to see rotation in. 

My team would be:

Wes

Tav Ball Wilson Wallace

Holt Halliday Zelalem

King O'Halloran Forrester 

Depending on how the game goes I would like Nicky Clark to get some minutes as well. 

7 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Nah. Wes has been one of our most consistent performers and the goalkeeper is the one position I wouldn't want to see rotation in. 

My team would be:

Wes

Tav Ball Wilson Wallace

Holt Halliday Zelalem

King O'Halloran Forrester 

Depending on how the game goes I would like Nicky Clark to get some minutes as well. 

I actually agree with this - resting the usual front 3 (keep them as subs) - and giving the others a start. BUT I highly doubt it will happen. 

2 hours ago, allgers said:

91' GOAL! McHugh. 1-2. Gostomski spills a fizzing shot from Hippolyte and it's converted from close range.

This cost us in the U20's Falkirk game. Never saw this so might be a bit harsh.

He also saved the u20s on numerous occassions as well, When I was looking through the match report all I could see was gostomski save. They could have been down 2-0 or 3-0 before half time had he not been in goals. I would agree though, I would not drop Wes, however he is 10 times the keeper that Bell is. So I would be happy for him to take bells place on the bench and I dont know why that aint happening, anyway:

My team would be

Wes

Tav Ball Wilson Wallace

Law Halliday

Holt

MOH Waghorn Mckay

doubt Kiernan will be playing hence why I dont have him in the team. Bring on King, Forrester and possibly miller around the 60 minute mark or even earlier to give the other players a rest

4-0 to the bears

31 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

He also saved the u20s on numerous occassions as well, When I was looking through the match report all I could see was gostomski save. They could have been down 2-0 or 3-0 before half time had he not been in goals. I would agree though, I would not drop Wes, however he is 10 times the keeper that Bell is. So I would be happy for him to take bells place on the bench and I dont know why that aint happening, anyway:

My team would be

Wes

Tav Ball Wilson Wallace

Law Halliday

Holt

MOH Waghorn Mckay

doubt Kiernan will be playing hence why I dont have him in the team. Bring on King, Forrester and possibly miller around the 60 minute mark or even earlier to give the other players a rest

4-0 to the bears

Goalkeepers usually get hung for their mistakes, not the power of good saves they make...

But I have no doubt he will earn an extension to his contract.

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

It's a bit harsh when he saved our bacon on several occasions with some  heroic saves. Yes he made a mistake with the Hippolyte rocket, but he hasn't played a game since the end of the last season in Poland,so he would be a bit rusty at the moment.

No way should Foderingham be rested at this point in time. I would definitely put Gostomski on the bench instead of Bell,though.

I see the point with midfielders and attackers. Sometimes it's necessary for counter-attacking defenders but I can see no earthly reason to give Foderingham a rest. In most matches he does well to stay awake.

I think Waghorn has looked a little jaded lately and might need either a rest or a different starting position. We have a few attacking options that could be bedded in - Forrester, King, MOH etc

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

Agreed Waghorn needs to be dropped. Offered nout the past couple of games so he needs a rest. 

Waghorn has been making the runs, taking players on, committing defenders, just not much of it is going right. Warburton has said on a number of occasions that Waghorn needs to play games, but he normally play less games than this in a whole season.

I'd like to see Waghorn, Miller and Zelazem rested and keep the team the usual stalwarts.

I'd go for a 4 or 5-0 win, but we just don't seem to be able to get the ball in the net, considering the changes we make, so that's why I'd like a bit of freshness in attack.

6 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Strongest team out for every league game till we are officially champions.fuck the Scottish cup ,just more games to risk injuries to key players and take our eye off the ball.

This

defo m8, we can't afford to drop any points from now until the hivs game at junkie road!!. If we can go unbeaten til then and beat them at junkie road, the titles ours and we can rest players

1 hour ago, ronniemca said:

Strongest team out for every league game till we are officially champions.fuck the Scottish cup ,just more games to risk injuries to key players and take our eye off the ball.

I still want us to field our strongest team in the Scottish Cup, we have a reasonable chance of getting to the final and if we win it then a) great achievement b) European football. 

Obviously the league is the main event but I'd like to think we have a decent enough squad that we don't need to sacrifice the cup games

30 minutes ago, Amato said:

I still want us to field our strongest team in the Scottish Cup, we have a reasonable chance of getting to the final and if we win it then a) great achievement b) European football. 

Obviously the league is the main event but I'd like to think we have a decent enough squad that we don't need to sacrifice the cup games

This. Winning the Scottish Cup and getting into Europe whilst playing second tier football would be brilliant. Regular team or rotation, we are more than strong enough to take care of Alloa on Saturday.