***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

Just looked again at the Rangers website of the photo of MW and DW laughing away at Alloa.    I sure fucking well bet they wish that photo hadn't been published.  It looks ridiculous now that the team they put out struggled to get a draw against Alloa and have dropped vital points.  Clearly the McCoist bug has caught on.   Do they think its a fucking laugh if we don't win promotion?   Far too fucking happy clappy for my liking.   Maybe they should be pinning that photo on their office walls and on the dressing room wall at Ibrox and on the wall at away games as a kick in the balls reminder of not to be so fucking complacent or jokey when there is serious business to be done this season.   They may think its a laugh.  I fucking well don't.   There is a job to be done this season and right now MW and DW do not give the appearance they are up to it.   For if they were then there would be less hilarity and the preparation they so often talk about would be translated into goals.   The preparation they talk about takes on the appearance of illusion.  For if it was real then chances are converted into goals.   Its as simple as that. 

Just now, theclothmonster said:

How dare some Rangers fans complain about dropping points against a part time team!

I get your sentiment, but overall I'm very grateful to see my club where we are now compared to where we were three years ago.

If someone can't find any value out of the performance our team showed today then they haven't a clue about football. The average fan buys a ticket to Ibrox and expects us to score lots of goals, and that's their source of entertainment. As if  we're another novelty club.

I'm more than satisfied with that performance today and if others aren't then, well, I'd have to ask them how happy they were under McCoist when his team beat these clubs by 5 goals.

Too many who think they are the prima-donnas of this league. No fuckin urgency till we went behind. Waghorn Halliday and McKay can all get to fuck Waghorn is not and never will be an out and out striker Halliday flatters to decide gets pulled to far forward too often offering the back 2 nothing in the way of protection and McKay his final ball 80% of the time is shite. 

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Just looked again at the Rangers website of the photo of MW and DW laughing away at Alloa.    I sure fucking well bet they wish that photo hadn't been published.  It looks ridiculous now that the team they put out struggled to get a draw against Alloa and have dropped vital points.  Clearly the McCoist bug has caught on.   Do they think its a fucking laugh if we don't win promotion?   Far too fucking happy clappy for my liking.   Maybe they should be pinning that photo on their office walls and on the dressing room wall at Ibrox and on the wall at away games as a kick in the balls reminder of not to be so fucking complacent or jokey when there is serious business to be done this season.   They may think its a laugh.  I fucking well don't.   There is a job to be done this season and right now MW and DW do not give the appearance they are up to it.   For if they were then there would be less hilarity and the preparation they so often talk about would be translated into goals.   The preparation they talk about takes on the appearance of illusion.  For if it was real then chances are converted into goals.   Its as simple as that. 

Definitely shades of the mcoist days, no doubt the picture will be viral shortly !:sherlock:

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Did they persist with the short corners today?  I thought with it being a narrow pitch a good opportunity to get the ball right in amongst it.

23 corners we won and didn't look a threat from any. I can understand MW has a certain style he wants to play but set pieces are a vital part of football. Having 75% possession and winning 23 corners should be something we are taking advantage of but they are constantly wasted. 30 odd passes to create an opportunity that leads to a corner simply for us to waste the set piece opportunity is not good  football imo. 

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Struggled? Lol.

7 minutes ago, IainB said:

Too many who think they are the prima-donnas of this league. No fuckin urgency till we went behind. Waghorn Halliday and McKay can all get to fuck Waghorn is not and never will be an out and out striker Halliday flatters to decide gets pulled to far forward too often offering the back 2 nothing in the way of protection and McKay his final ball 80% of the time is shite. 

the back 2 that were comfortable all game except defending the set piece?

7 minutes ago, _mcv_ said:

Goals: 1 - 1

Corners: 2 - 23

Doesnt surprise me tbh.....a corner to us is no better than a throw in.

Just because we dont have a team of giants doesnt mean that we cant be direct at times - like today when things can get a bit crowded.

With good delivery and good movement, we can start to capitalise on that many corners and nick a few goals from them.

I think Alloa basically narrowed the entire pitch so that they didn't close us down at all really during the full match , they were static in their box for the full game and not closing down until it was in the box basically, we hit 25 shots but probably 14 were blocked by them doing that, and then about 6 saves. We will win on Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

2 goals in 3 games. Alloa were on 11 points before today. Ram your 'I'm more cultured in knowledge of football' ya cunt. Today was unacceptable, not an excellent performance, no art was there to be seen and the plastic pitch (and its width before you pull that out) is no excuse.

Unacceptable ? You really need to gain some perspective, and avoid letting your gratitude sour into pride.

I'm grateful for the football we've played and the criticism I have lies at the feet of our attackers..

It was a tremendous performance and certainly nothing to be blawin yer gums aboot. You're the cunt, kid.

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Away and lie down.the players let him down today with poor finishing and while the majority of this board (myself included)pissed and moaned the players fought back and tried to claim the 3 points.

when I feel like writing pish like you just wrote.i take a breath and remove myself for a short time.i suggest you do the same