***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

15 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Nearly 6pm and not statements / interviews on the Rangers website.  Are they all still in the dressing room being raged at?  Who rages at MWI wonder?   The website has gallery photos from the game.  Interesting they can be posted before any words from MW or DW about what was a shocking - yes shocking - result.  And coming on top of just scraping through in recent games.

The team is off the boil.   Sure there is a lot of froth in making chances.  Sure there is a lot of possession.  Sure there are a lot of corners (mostly shite btw - no clue whatsoever about how to convert corner kick pressure into goals).   Sure there are lots of crosses and pretty intricate passing movements.  But there sure is a glaring lack of finishing.  And glaring bad defensive play too.   What now for all the pre-match hype about how good the defence has been.  What now for all the puffed up talk of being in a good place.  What now about not spending (or having the dosh to spend - which was it I really wonder) on physicality and experience to not only win this league but to get off to a good start next season.   A draw against the bottom club.  Only one goal scored and we allowed them to score.  Ended up chasing a game to scramble a draw against the worst team in the league. 

No wonder there is silence so far from the Manager.    

I'd imagine an hour and a bit to get the interview then put this together is pretty run of the mill. You stop listening to people that complain about things like that.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/warbs-players-angry-draw/

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

Good that we saved a point, we looked hungry to get the win at the end. We are creating good chances and need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal.

40 odd chances in 2 games and scored 1 goal

we need a massive boot up the arse 

In a one off game against Alloa it is 11 against 11.  Thankfully it is not always about wages or money.

A good plan, heroic defending and a set piece can let David hit Goliath in the money stakes. Happens a lot. It is the nature of football. It is easier to nullify than to create.

It is the wages of bigger clubs that spur smaller teams on and make the game a cup tie for them. Many instances in football where you just cannot buy a goal. Alloa proved it today........goals are simple things and not always about big money.

38 minutes ago, GTMLivo said:

I'm just sick of us not fucking being able to score. it wouldn't bother me if we didn't create the chances because the other team sat behind the ball but we are creating chances and we just don't have someone to put them away.

Really?

I'd much rather we create chances and miss them than struggle to create.

“We have to be more clinical in front of goal to get the rewards for all of our good work."  MW from the Rangers website post-match comments.

Well now,  How often in recent weeks (maybe months now) have we heard this sort of comment from MW.   He's the Manager - its up to him and DW to sort this out,   It's beginning to sound like a  'woe is us' excuse.   But wait a minute we've just seen the end of a transfer window.  No out and out experienced goal scoring striker bought.  Was that because they found none they would go for or could afford to go for?   I wonder.   So faith in existing squad - Waghorn off the boil and not scoring much.   Who else can step in.  Clarke?  Phew- underwhelming.   MOH - not really a goal scorer.  Who then?  

Its all very well repeatedly saying we need to be more clinical in front of goal.   I seem to recall the buzz word from McCoist / McD and McCall was we needed to be more ruthless.    Different word but the meaning is really the same.    If the 7,8,10,11 are not natural predator goal scorers, and the same is true of the midfield and fullbacks (forget the CBs as they are not wading in with any goals) then MW needs to respond to his own analysis, get his managerial / leadership finger out, and work out how to turn a much bigger % of the chances into actual goals scored.   If he can't then he may rue not finding an out and out striker in Jan, nor not persuading Dave King to find more money to buy one.   Time for action from MW, not more analysis.

Disappointed, yes. Frustrated, yes. Angry, upset, panicking, NO.

75% of the play, but repeating errors. Some individual players remain to hold on to the ball for too long. Possession football is great, but you need to move the ball on quicker to be effective. One of the worst offenders is McKay and MW needs to batter it out of  him and the rest! McKay is talented and has great potential, but his final ball also requires more quality. Also, those off the ball, their movement needs to be better to give the angle for taking a pass. The players do move, but some are actually shouting for the ball standing behind an oppo. player. Needs to stop.

Our defensive weakness will remain until we change personnel, but we will still win this league.

I think MOH will be a big plus for us. He's got great pace and once he gets to grips with our style of play, I think he will scoring quite a few.

Lastly, just pull the fucking trigger quicker!

MW's post match I thought was spot on. On another day, we could have scored a barrow load, but that in itself is happening too often.

In summary, we do need a defensive stalwart for next season, but as for the rest in this season, can be sorted on the training ground.

44 minutes ago, GTMLivo said:

I'm just sick of us not fucking being able to score. it wouldn't bother me if we didn't create the chances because the other team sat behind the ball but we are creating chances and we just don't have someone to put them away.

:lol: this is why I normally avoid the match day threads - you'd rather we didn't make chances? GTF. :anguish: 

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Disappointed, yes. Frustrated, yes. Angry, upset, panicking, NO.

75% of the play, but repeating errors. Some individual players remain to hold on to the ball for too long. Possession football is great, but you need to move the ball on quicker to be effective. One of the worst offenders is McKay and MW needs to batter it out of  him and the rest! McKay is talented and has great potential, but his final ball also requires more quality. Also, those off the ball, their movement needs to be better to give the angle for taking a pass. The players do move, but some are actually shouting for the ball standing behind an oppo. player. Needs to stop.

Our defensive weakness will remain until we change personnel, but we will still win this league.

I think MOH will be a big plus for us. He's got great pace and once he gets to grips with our style of play, I think he will scoring quite a few.

Lastly, just pull the fucking trigger quicker!

MW's post match I thought was spot on. On another day, we could have scored a barrow load, but that in itself is happening too often.

In summary, we do need a defensive stalwart for next season, but as for the rest in this season, can be sorted on the training ground.

Fuck me, that's two posts of yours I agree with, I feel all strange :D

Na, exactly what I think, I don't know how many times I've found myself shouting 'for fuck sake just shoot!' this past while.

All the build up and crisp passing is great, but ffs, sometimes you just need to get the boot behind it quickly when given half a chance.

fucking shite game today but we're gonna get them. embarrassing it's from alloa though ffs.

livingston are doing pretty well against the junkies. just nearly scored. a lot of chances. the spoon burners look like they're are chasing the game. no doubt they will score in the last fucking minute or something.

We are undoubtedly not clinical enough and desperately need a number 9 who stays in the box that said we didn't play poorly today. Created loads of chances and were a bit unlucky at times. The pitch definetly didn't help....they literary had everyone inside their 18 yard box at times! Keep the faith plus junkie scum still drawing 

50 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He was poor the last few time's he started, especially Falkirk and Morton.

Didn't play him against Raith and won.

I didn't say he needs to play but when he starts we have rarely have dropped points in this campaign, to me that's no coincidence.