Morton game moved

the goal machine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

An absolute disgrace. Yes I like the board and what they have done so far. But This dignified silence pish is brutal. They should be standing up for us against every cabal against us. Where is the logic in moving a game with 40k fans to accomodate a game with 10k? To suit the usual suspects.

Not good enough.

Eh? The club offered two seemingly acceptable alternatives that were veteod by the police and spfl There's not much they can do.

Unless people want the Rangers board to publicly whinge about game arrangements. Which would just make the club look silly IMO.

I'm at hospitality for this too. Had the day bit sorted and going to see a tribute band at night. Terrible. I'll have to be on the piss two nights in a row now. 

Seriously though, must be a fucking nightmare at this notice for people who are travelling or work shifts.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Eh? The club offered two seemingly acceptable alternatives that were veteod by the police and sfa. There's not much they can do.

Unless people want the Rangers board to publicly whinge about game arrangements. Which would just make the club look silly IMO.

What alternatives did they offer?

8 hours ago, Willis said:

But  thought the Glasgow polis were all either Bears or Orangemen?

I can assure you that's not the case,Willis. I've got a Cousin who is very very high up in the force and he's as big a rabid bheast as you will find anywhere. :power_of_anguish:

Good job my boss is awrite and will let me leave work early with no problems but I lose the 2 hours pay unless work it back which he rarely asks me to do, feel bad asking all the time though got the Killie game then a home game on 1st March, 11th March vs Morton and the re arranged game from petrofac weekend to be organised as well plus Falkirk on the Friday as well.

12 hours ago, Number6 said:

What alternatives did they offer?

The club contacted the SPFL and requested that the match remain on the Saturday with a new kick-off time, or be moved to the Sunday however both requests were rejected by Police Scotland after consultation with the SPFL.

:sherlock:

16 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

If we win the league then alloa will be presentation day mate 

Chances are I'll be in Holland then, but I never had much desire to watch them anyway. I've already been to an Alloa game and it was pish poor atmosphere.

Not to worry, there will be lots more(occasional) games worth going to see next season when we're in the top division again.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Same old story, one day someone will have the novel idea of actually asking the fans. 

Well they claimed to do that when all the other clubs said that we should go down, if not wiped out, or they'll not return to games. As I kept saying to any count that bothered listening to me, it must be the only time the SFA/SPFL have 'claimed' they've done something the fans wanted.

Potentially the St Midden game on the 27th February is the last 3 pm KO on a Saturday from now until the end of the season if they postpone the QOS for international weekend and if the Alloa game is trophy presentation day on the 23rd of April they will want that televised so they may move that as well!

:sherlock:

2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Well they claimed to do that when all the other clubs said that we should go down, if not wiped out, or they'll not return to games. As I kept saying to any count that bothered listening to me, it must be the only time the SFA/SPFL have 'claimed' they've done something the fans wanted.

Maybe they only listen when they get the answer they want.