Has MW/DW actually sorted the defensive issues without needing to sign anyone?

JWAC

Obviously you 2 are a bit dense in the head and can't follow the conversation 

this was a thread about Warburton sorting the defensive problem without signing anyone - yes? 

I then said we've improved in this area since earlier in the season but might still struggle if we come up a better team (I'm thinking the Scottish cup this season)

still follow guys?

Bridge is Blue mentioned Matt Crooks and I said I was meaning this season 

then made another point about we don't know how good he is, as no one on here would have seen him play - which I stand by 

he then produced a scouting report which I said which poster on here compiled that (referencing my last point about how I don't think anyone's seen enough of him to know for sure)

then you Sammy Cox started talking about how Warburton would have had him scouted and wouldn't have signed him if they thought he was shit - which is mental if you think I actually am trying to say Warburton signed someone he thinks is shit or not been scouted

thats why I'm saying I've no idea what your on about. I'm not even saying Crooks is shit - putting words in my mouth - I'm saying no one really knows one way or another 

hope that clears it up for you's - many thanks 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

We've improved at the back but we need to remember the level we are playing against. We still need a good, capable, solid defensive midfielder/enforcer in there for when we come up against a decent side.

This is your quote.You have said that we need a good,capable,solid defensive midfielder/enforcer for when we come up against a decent side.There is nothing in your quote saying this season and even when you added this season into your next quote I think we all know that there is nothing we can do about the rest of this season,we cant add now at the end of February even us dense heads know this.Someone offered you an answer to your question about a signing and that offer was Crooks who you have said that "no one has seen him play " to which it has been pointed out to you that the people that matter have seen him play.I will offer an opinion to you sir and its only mine and only you will know if im correct or not but I have a feeling that you already don't rate Crooks and I will let you know whyI think that because Crooks hasn't cost 2/2.5/3million pounds you don't rate him. I could be wrong but its only my opinion and as I say opinions are like arseholes everybody has one.Just out of curiosity who are these decent teams we may come up against this season,there can only be three at the most according to you and im assuming the scum will be one after all you do think they would " destroy us " rare comment for a rangers fan to make but as I say we are all entitled to our opinions.

On 21 February 2016 at 11:56 PM, kaiser1041 said:

Both full backs have been reigned in leaving the centre backs less exposed.it wasn't rocket science though I personally prefer ball in there as opposed to Halliday in that defensive roll.

the stats are there to see the improvements 

I think this is the main way we have adjusted our play. Tav and Wallace are not overlapping forward the way they were early in the season. This makes us a bit less exciting to watch and definitely costs Tav and Wallace goals but offers much better protection to our centre backs. I think this has made us more solid at the back. Will be interesting to see what happens next season once we have a proper defensive midfielder in the squad. 

I missed the game as I was travelling south from Glasgow to home so have only seen the goal.

A clean sheet is a good statistic. If QoS had one good chance and did not score then they are just like all the other wee teams that have not learned to just play football instead of 'parking the bus'. We are not able to judge the team properly until we play teams that are able to beat us & want to play. For now we can only get a glimmer of what the players are like.

Anyway we are 8 points clear ( a game in hand is not 3 points ) and looking good for the title ! (and the Ramsdens)

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping my post but 2 weeks ago I posted this and we haven't lost a goal, hibs have lost 7.

It's clear we've sorted out the defensive issues for this league on our own, whether it's players getting used to each other or training, it doesn't really matter. These 1-0, 2-0 wins have finished off hibs. I'm normally a bit of a pessimist and wait to see how things pan out but I'm more than confident we're much more settled defensively and therefore have now horsed this league. GIUY Hibs